Search results

1. christopheralan

Survival Kit

This is a survival kit I made for a Boy Scout who has been helping me with the Cub Scout group I am in-charge of. I didn’t want to do something that he would hang on the wall for a few years and forget about. I wanted to make something that he would say, “Heck yeah! This is Cool! I am gonna use...
  2. christopheralan

Playing with colors on pens...

I have been wanting to play with some colors for the pens I have been working on. I have looked into some of the stains, dyes, and food/clothing color things out there, but then I remembered the power of a sharpie! No mixing, no waiting, no mess, no fuss! I used mahogany in the first pic, with...
  3. christopheralan

Ordance Chief Desk Plaque

Desk plaque made with an oak base, beech and walnut 40mm rounds, and a bomb made with walnut, rock maple, mahogany, padouk, and purple heart. A 50cal pen is also included. Also a desk clock... Thanks for looking!
  4. christopheralan

Is a Pen Press worth having?

Hey guys. Is buying or making a pen press worth the money or time to make? I have been using my vise so far, but I am thinking about getting or making one. What do you say guys? Are they worth it? thanks!
  5. christopheralan

Book/DVD Deal at The Wood Whisperer...

Hey guys! Marc Spagnuolo aka the Wood Whisperer, just finished his first book and is offering a pre-sale with a free DVD! This is a great deal but I don't think it will be lasting for long. Here is the link: http://thewoodwhisperer.com/pre-order-my-first-book/ I just ordered mine, and I...
  6. christopheralan

Home-Made Chainsaw...

My take on a classic gag. Thanks for looking!
  7. christopheralan

Any idea where to get 3-4" dia bamboo?

My friend at work wants to make a tikibar and I am unable to find bamboo suppliers. I am in Eastern NC and would like to stay local. Thanks in advance!
  8. christopheralan

Rite in the Rain Note Pad

A notepad? This isn’t just any note pad. This is the All-Weather Notebook from Rite in the Rain. If you are not familiar with Rite in the Rain products, prepare to be amazed. This is the ultimate in weather-proof writing and note taking. Does it work while damp? Yes. Does it work while wet? Yes...
  9. christopheralan

Freshly turned purpleheart and CA...

Hey guys. Maybe a dumb question, but here goes: Will CA prevent purple heart from turning purple? I am thinking it won't but I am not 100% sure. Thanks!
  10. christopheralan

So, after ten years of woodworking...

...I turned my first pens. I have no idea why I waited this long. :dontknow: I did 4 slims and 2 .50 cals. Awosome time. I had to grind a spade bit down to a 7mm (forgot to get one...) and my pen mandrel was the wrong size (1/4" not 7mm). Oh well. Still had fun. Thanks for looking!
  11. christopheralan

8” Bionic Wrench by Logger Head Tools

This is the 8” Bionic Wrench by Logger Head Tools. It is one of the coolest tools I own. Thanks to innovative design and engineering, it automatically adjusts to any size hex-head fastener from 7/16 inch to ¾ inch and from 11mm to 20mm. This had Super Hero Belt status immediately. Being a...
  12. christopheralan

Burning the Mid-Night Oil...

Just finishing up this last minute plaque for a customer. Started yesterday as a concept, started making sawdust today, and it is due tomorrow. (I better get a case of beer for this one...) The safari hat is what the Marine instructors wear on the fireing line. I had to cut it in half at a 20...
  13. christopheralan

Exhumer 9 by Dead-On Tools

This isn’t your average cat’s-paw style nail puller. This is the Exhumer 9 by Dead-On Tools. It actually measures 10 5/8”, but with a name like Exhumer, who cares. This is another multi-use tool with a circular saw blade nut wrench, small hammer face, two claws, and a bottle opener. Yes, a...
  14. christopheralan

Pinewood Derby (Open Division, Dads) WIP...

Hey guys! This is still a work in progress (attaching weights and wheels), but I had to go for the Michael Keaton Bat Mobile. One of my friends used to work in a car bodyshop, and told me that the finish wasn't good enough unless you could count your teeth in the reflection. I had to go back...
  15. christopheralan

"We be jammin'..."

This is the TEK4 All-Play Jobsite MP3 Music Player by Ryobi Tools. It is water, dust and impact resistant, and plays all types of music files. It will hold 2 giggaflops of music, which translates to around 500 songs, depending on the file size. This player will rattle your eardrums for...
  16. christopheralan

Fat Max Xtreme Fubar

This is the monster Stanley 55-099 Fat Max Xtreme Fubar. Being a recent addition to my hammer arsenal, I am still putting it through its paces. It is the big brother to the Stanley 55-119 Fubar, which I have had for a few years. It is bigger, meaner, and much heavier at 4.5 pounds. It adds...
  17. christopheralan

Wanna break something...?

This scary looking thing is the Dead On 18-Inch Annihilator Utility and Wrecking Bar. It is used for demolition and general purposes. It is kind of a Swiss Army Knife of hammers with many uses: Hammer, Nail Puller, Board Straightener Drywall Demolition Axe, Wrench, Tile Puller/Ripper, Wire...
  18. christopheralan

Holy cow...

Fellowship Openings in France! http://www.thisiscarpentry.com/2010/12/10/fellowship-france/ I would cut off a body part for this...
  19. christopheralan

Calling all woodworkers under 30...

FYI... http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/34739/calling-all-woodworkers-under-30
  20. christopheralan

Busy in the shop...

Beech Balls. A first for me on the lathe. Each one takes about 45 minutes. Captive Rings. I have done this once before, but never this small and never with 3 rings. A cannon. Its cool. Nuff said. Being a former Marine, I had to make some ammo... Made this for SWMBO. Box is...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS