Search results

1. H

Making stopped chamfers

Thanks. I can see the increased utility and handsomeness of the Moxon. I appreciate the pics of the process.
  2. H

Looks like a really nice place you got here...

Definately, make beautiful things for her -- that you want to make. Each will need a new tool.
  3. H

Anyone interest in a commission?

Agree. They need to find someone who appreciates it as is. Sell it, add some bucks and buy or have something built to their liking.
  4. H

Spokeshave frustration

I found an old "user" some years ago at Ed Lebetkin's shop above Roy Unerhill's school/shop. It was already tuned up and needed very little to get going. Not much money, 60 or so as I recall. What's happened to Ed's tool shop now that Roy closed up?
  5. H

Edwards Mountain Woodworks

Nice to hear from you, Bill. To others, Bill straightened out my use of a scraper problem in about 15 seconds at Roy's place.
  6. H

Calculating BF used to make a cutting board

Very nice, Allen. Why not post these pics as a separate thread to show them to more? Regards, Harlan
  7. H

Working Wood in the 18th Century Conference

I loved attending for about 20 years but arthritis keeps me home now. However, I can now enjoy the content via the on line access to the presentations, both live and any time later for a reasonable period of time. The fraternity is missed but the content remains available. And it doesn't cost...
  8. H

Latest harpsichord finished with sound

Another gem, Ernie. Wife create the interior? Sounds great.
  9. H

Amazing tool cabinet

Studley would approve. Couldn't make the meeting this year. Would loved to have seen this up close. Kudos.
  10. H

Tall case clock

Certainly a milestone, Robert. Big congratulations. Lots of "wow".
  11. H

Latest Turnings

We're out of superlatives. Wow.
  12. H

Relocating for retirement

Hello, Ed, I can second Ernie's recommendation of Cypress Landing and add fresh/salt water fishing and boating to his list; 25 miles to the Intracoastal Waterway; and high ground not requiring flood insurance. We're pleased with our decision 22 years ago for a place to get old and avoid the...
  13. H

Last minute reminder!

End result is all that matters. Only you and a few hundred best friends know. Merry Christmas and your work says it all. H
  14. H

Looking for a used Shoulder plane

Ed's closing up? Oh. Website doesn't mention it. Hope it's just a rumor.
  15. H

I Really Fouled Up My Bandsaw

If Union Grove didn't have any suggestions you might try Laguna's customer service or calling Laguna's sharpening service in Columbia, SC to see if they can refer you to someone local that might help. I also have a 16 HD but don't have a clue having never had this problem.
  16. H

First Live Edge Table - Done

Clever design, nicely done. Leg structure theme might carry through with benches?
  17. H

Kudos to Jim Creasman for his 8 page article in "American Period Furniture"

Jim's William and Mary Spice box article and pictures are terrific. And the project is a design and hand-tool tour-de-force. Kudos.
  18. H

Hex Drive Socket Cap Bolts for outdoor project

Needed a rare (to me) metric bolt recently and found it in three grades at Bolt Depot. Quick service. Also have found non-standrd solutions at Jamestown Distributors.
  19. H

Woodworking stops near Asheville

Brian Boggs. Brianboggschairmakers.com For inspiration.
  20. H

A couple different deck chairs

They appear more comfortable than the traditional Adirondack. Congrats. Also interested in answers to the questions when time permits.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS