Search results

1. G

Found the limit of the shop mini-split

Allen good points, I was trying to keep it simple
  2. G

Found the limit of the shop mini-split

Don't get to excited the "delta T" difference temperature that is being discussed here is an incorrect assumption. The correct way to measure is take a set of gauges and measure the suction and discharge pressures and convert then convert pressures to temps via a PT chart which is on the gauges...
  3. G

After market bandsaw fence

Carter makes a nice magnetic band saw fence
  4. G

Band saw tires

Unless you have a chunk missing or your tires are really dried out you shouldn't have a problem. Urethane is the way to go when you replace the tire. And if you do have to replace you will need a second person to help and even then your gonna look like a scene from the Three Stooges.
  5. G

Mixed results on dust collection.

Try rasing the bade higher
  6. G

Questions about acclimating air dried slab

How accurite is your moisture meter? Does it have pins or is it pin less? The point is you can have 3 meters side by side and they will all read different. If it been air dried for 8 years your probably good to go.
  7. G

Howdy from Murphy

Nice to meet you Chip.
  8. G

Howdy from Murphy

Well I guess that must make us neighbors Im in Coker Creek.
  9. G

Steel City 18" Bandsaw Band Saw Like New - $1,000 (Madison, NC)

Thats an Italian saw sold to Laguna, Delta and others. Its a good saw I have the LaGuna badge which cost me extra.
  10. G

CNC Vacuum Table question

AVID cnc sells a composite nailer made by Omer. Or you can google composite nailers. With that you can nail your wood down with plastic nails. You can cut with the cnc and no damage to the bit or the wood and when you done pry of the wood and break or cut the fastners and you done. The wife has...
  11. G

Electronics expert needed

Three phase motors dont have a start switch nor do they have capacitors.it runs intermittently and sounds like the wires contain the smoke. If you dont know what i am talking about look up George Lucas electronics. Its fun reading. i would start by looking at the VFD and seeing one are all the...
  12. G

Entry Level CNC

Yes there are entry level machines as mentioned Sharkpedo is one offering and not a bad one. The big thing is software get something with software. Vetric is a very common and pretty easy to use. The rest is up to you if you like it you may soon upgrade. I bought a used machine for my wife...
  13. G

Dust Collector and Static Electricity

I have gotten a jolt a couple times though its not that bad. A little bit worse than the kind you get walking on carpet.
  14. G

Wet Stone Wheel, Which way is correct?

Mike hit the nail on the head. What has not been covered is water discharge if the wheel spins torward you water will get scraped off the top of the wheel and ride over what ever you are sharpening and deposit on your bench. If you have it spin toward you from the bottom water mostly is captured...
  15. G

What some people want

To me its a passing phase and will phase out like bell bottom jeans the pet rock and harvest gold appliances. Myself i personally like live edge wood and reclaimed wood. It breaks up all the sameness that prevails in our society. Soon you will be left with a handfull of big cabinet manufactures...
  16. G

Selecting a belt (Powermatic 16" model 160)

There should be a letter and number on the belt. i.e. A-57 the letter is the width of the belt and the number is the length of the belt. When replacing multiple belts get a matched set different manufactures have different marking on them the marking will be subtle. When the belts are made they...
  17. G

Table saw binding

Another thing is are you using a thin kerf blade? Most standard blades are 90 though and ripping blades can be 120 though. Thin kerf blades are 70 thou. Also does this happen occasionally or all the though. It could be there are stresses in the board which can give you a workout trying to get...
  18. G

Restored 1986 Unisaw completed.

Very nice work. It's refreshing to see older equirebuilt being rebuilt.
  19. G

WTB- 20inch planer

I have a Delta Rockwell 24 inch that runs off of single phase. It has a new Byrd Shelix head powered by a 10 HP motor, feed motor is 1 HP and the table motor is 1/2 HP. Each motor is driven by its own VFD. It like 50 AMPs but will work on 30 as long as you dont get to aggressive with the depth...
  20. G

Hand Planes

I'm going to take a stab st this. I think taking a sharpening class or video will show you how a plane works. Once you know that, you can apply that basic knowledge to figuring out what and how to use the plane.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS