Search results

1. U

Handcut dovetail workshop - December 3 and January 21 - Raleigh

I am also going to have to pull out of the class unfortunately... I'm currently in DC working with the USSS on pre-inauguration setup, and got extended through Friday night... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. U

Bunch of New Guy Questions?

I appreciate all the advice.. After doing some more googlins I came across some interesting stuff. First off, I think I'm going to have to stop using my table saw for now until i can get some safety stuff squared away. The 2708 came with the typical 80s/90s blade guard/splitter that seemingly...
  3. U

Hello - From the New Guy

I have a K4 Kreg Jig, although I haven't used it yet. Is that typically the "goto" joinery for this size of furniture? As far as wood goes, softwood is typically cheaper and easier to work with, yes? Thanks for the info, ill keep it in mind!
  4. U

Bunch of New Guy Questions?

Please don't laugh... What is the purpose of the "dog-holes" in a lot of workbenches I see? I have a Makita 2708 Table saw, and after a few cuts, I've been very impressed with it. There a few things I am not a fan of. One being the fences. Any suggestions on how to improve them, or replace...
  5. U

Hello - From the New Guy

I heard you guys like pictures... Here are my pups! Ace: Nikita: Both are pure bred German Shepherds. Ace is the traditional AKC breed standard, with championship bloodline. He weighs close to 70 lbs and is almost 3 years old. Nikita is my baby girl. We rescued her from a crack house...
  6. U

Hello - From the New Guy

So I wondered across something similar on Pinterest, and when I started googlin I found it. They are produced by a small company in Colorado, with multiple designs, sizes, and finishes. https://bbkustomkennels.com/product/double-doggie-den/ They are backlogged up to 32 weeks, and the price is...
  7. U

Awesome! Do I need to bring anything? And where is the class located, time, etc? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. U

Hello - From the New Guy

Thanks all! I am certainly interested in learning from anyone and everyone who will teach!
  9. U

Re: Handcut dovetail workshop - December 3 - Raleigh Is there still a spot available for the 21st? I am interested in attending!
  10. U

Hello - From the New Guy

Hey guys, I am just getting started in the woodworking stuff. My dad gave me a restored Makita 2708 Table Saw for Christmas, and I've added to my shop quite a bit the last couple of weeks. I have a small collection of various clamps, files, and basic tools. I also have a jig saw, sander, hand...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS