Search results

1. MikeF

Sapwood stepping down

+1. Thanks, Roger.
  2. MikeF

Happy Birthday MikeF

Thanks to all for the Birthday Wishes!! This morning, my youngest son asked me "If something is over 40 years old, is it an antique?" Not sure why he decided to ask that question today. :help: :slap:
  3. MikeF

Bending Wood

Thanks to all for the replies. I think I'll go with the the brick stack suggestion. That solution looks like it would be the strongest and less chance of movement after the wood dries. I'll post a couple of pics after I'm done. Thanks again, -mike
  4. MikeF

Bending Wood

I need to make a piece of trim (2x2) that will fit an arch around the top of a window. This will be on the exterior of the building and made from pressure treated wood. Is it better to laminate thin strips and bend/glue, or make the arch out of sections and cut the arch to shape? Are there any...
  5. MikeF

Heavy duty jig saws

I still vote for Bosch. :icon_thum This post was three years ago. Time flies.:swoon: http://ncwoodworker.net/forums/f31/opinions-jig-saws-5822/
  6. MikeF

Congratulations Alan!

Congrats, Alan. Nice Job. :icon_thum
  7. MikeF

New Yankee Workshop DOA

For 20+ years and over 2000 shows? I think not.
  8. MikeF

New Yankee Workshop DOA

Why?
  9. MikeF

Umm... If this is a how to... I'm done.

I saw the same thing done by a different guy at the "Apple Butter Festival" in Berkley Springs, WV. The guy was there year after year at the same spot. He must have made tens of thousands of signs.
  10. MikeF

Rust buildup in dishwasher?

I use a whole house filter in the main line right after the tank. Have never had a problem with rust or other minerals, but you do have to change the filter once a month or so. Cost is about $40 and the filters range between $5 and $10 (Depending on what you want to filter out of the water)...
  11. MikeF

Any Treehouse Experts?

Thanks Scott. Can you elaborate a little more the difference between working load and breaking strength? -mike
  12. MikeF

Any Treehouse Experts?

The two trees are not actually connected by the platform. On the right side, the platform is bolted to the tree, but on the left side the platform just slides on the supports so the movement of the trees won't pull the structure apart (Hopefully!!)
  13. MikeF

Any Treehouse Experts?

I have started building a treehouse for my boys. It is suspended between two large pine trees. The platform is approx 16' x 8'. The trees are about 8ft apart and the house sits on the platform between the trees. I got the PT lumber from the BORG, and based on their specs, the whole thing...
  14. MikeF

Fire recovery update / the New Shop

They do have smaller machines that only turn out 600lbs per hour :eek:. I just figured that based on the size of your new shop, that wouldn't be big enough. :nah: The new building is looking great, can't wait to see the green machines in place. -mike
  15. MikeF

Fire recovery update / the New Shop

I can see this "little" machine is probably on the horizon for you, Scott. :eusa_danc http://www.pelletpros.com
  16. MikeF

New Pens, PSI Majestic

Alex, the pens look really great. :icon_thum Pen turning has never been something that appealed to me, but you have inspired me to give it a shot. Thanks, now I've got more stuff I'm going to have to buy. :eusa_doh:(At least I have the lathe) Great job. -mike
  17. MikeF

New Incra Miter Gauge

Yeah, I hear you. I was posting in the "Found For Sale" part of the forum, not the "Hot Deals" part. I can't imagine needing 180 stops.
  18. MikeF

New Incra Miter Gauge

Looks like the new Incra Miter 1000HD is the reason the SE has been on sale recently. I just bought the SE for $99 from Woodpeckers. The new HD is listed as $189. :eek: The difference is the number of angle stops (180 vs 41)
  19. MikeF

ZiLock.com

An Interesting site. Their tag line is "Rent Anything Online!" http://us.zilok.com I have not used them, just thought I'd pass along the link. -mike
  20. MikeF

End to End Wood Joining

You could also use a finger joint router bit that would give you a lot of surface area for gluing, but is probably not cost effective unless you are joining a lot of boards. -mike

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS