Search results

1. J

Pergola Build Question

Hello, I'm building a pergola out of PT wood on my back patio and have a question about the cross members. The pergola is approx 19ft long and 13ft wide. I'm using 2x6's for the 13ft cross members and attaching them using joist hangers. My question is about wood movement, should I cut the cross...
  2. J

5 sets of Powermatic HSS 20" Planer Knives

Cleaning out the garage and these have been on the shelf for a while, time for them to go. I have 5 sets of freshly sharpened planer blades that are surplus to my needs. 4 of the 5 have Powermatic stamped on them and the 5th set has no markings. Selling for $100 per set or all 5 sets for $400...
  3. J

Wood recommendation for a kitchen table top

Looking for suggestions on what kind of wood to use for a table top. I recently moved to Thomasville NC and my shop isn't currently set up yet but have access to some of my tools (Miter Saw, Kreg Jig, sanders, etc) but not my larger ones yet. I'm hoping in the fall that I'll be able to update...
  4. J

Free to Good Home- 11-12 Pipe Clamps PENDING

Hello I have 11-12 pipe clamps (Mostly Pony) that are excess to my needs, they are free to a good home. They're attached to metal pipe of various lengths, not black cast iron pipe but they work well. The only catch is that I need them gone today as I'm moving tomorrow. I can leave them on my...
  5. J

WTB: Utility Trailer

Hello, I'm in the market for a utility trailer and thought I might check here to see if anyone has one sitting around that they're not using any more? Preferably I would like a tandem axle but would consider a single axle as well. I'm in Raleigh but travel to the Lexington area frequently, so...
  6. J

Looking to hire someone to stain the writing surface of a desk

Hello All I have a fairly large desk that is homemade and is styled simply with a slanted writing surface that is easily detachable. In a previous life I'm guessing that it sat front of a window that got a lot of sun and is now very faded. The drawers and the rest of the desk are not faded, so...
  7. J

Outdoor TV Cabinet

A few weeks ago, TDukes posted a picture of an outdoor TV Cabinet that I really liked and have decided to build one. My question for the group is how much of a gap should I leave around the perimeter of the doors for wood movement? Thanks for your input, Jim
  8. J

Looking to hire a wide belt sander

I have a 24" Wide by 8 ft store bought hardwood workbench top that I'd like to run thru a wide belt sander. Not really looking to hog-off any material just clean the top. Happy to compensate someone for this service. I don't think it will need more than a couple passes. Thanks for any leads or...
  9. J

Making Templates Question

I'm wanting to make some templates to use with a flush trim router bit and was wondering if anyone of the forum has used any of that PVC sheet goods that they sell at the big box store? I planned on using the templates at least 4-6 times and maybe more down the road. I know there have been a...
  10. J

Help finding post on band saw blade maker in High Point

Trying to find the thread on the gentleman in High Point that makes custom band saw blades. Did a search but didn't turn up anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Jim
  11. J

Free box of woodworking magazines (West Raleigh/ Western Blvd Area)

****Pending Pick Up******** Hi, I have a box of woodworking magazines that are free to anyone local that would like t come by and pick them up. There are quite few Shop Notes, Woodsmith, Fine Woodworking, Wood, Handyman and This Old House. I can leave them on the front porch so you can pick...
  12. J

How do you edit a picture in the classifieds?

I recently posted my jointer up for sale in the classifieds and gone pictures are upside down. They were not upside down in my file and when I go in to try to edit, I don't see an option to turn them around. thanks for your help. Jim
  13. J

Looking for a ride from Raleigh to Charlotte ( will fit in a back seat or trunk)

Hello! I'm hoping to find a ride for a bandsaw table from Raleigh to Charlotte and no big rush to get it there. I'd be glad to bring it to you so you don't have to go out of your way and the recipient would be glad to retrieve it from you as well. I appreciate your consideration. Jim
  14. J

Looking for a ride from Raleigh to Charlotte ( will fit in a back seat or trunk)

Hello! I'm hoping to find a ride for a bandsaw table from Raleigh to Charlotte and no big rush to get it there. I'd be glad to bring it to you so you don't have to go out of your way and the recipient would be glad to retrieve it from you as well. I appreciate your consideration. Jim
  15. J

Ned some help in the classifieds.... My ad has multiplied!

I was trying to place my midi lathe for sale in the classifieds and somehow it's been multiplied! Any help help editing back to 1 ad would greatly be appreciated! I'm sure the classified forum would appreciate it too! Thanks, Jim
  16. J

PE Request From Southport (Wilmington) to Raleigh (will fit in trunk)

Hello! Ive purchased a new Super Dust Deputy that is located down in Southport, which is close to Wilmington. It will fit in the back seat or in a trunk of a car. It's new, so you wouldn't have to worry about getting sawdust all over your car :). Any help getting it closer to Raleigh would be a...
  17. J

How to edit/delete an ad from the classifieds?

Hi, having trouble finding where to edit or delete a classified ad? Your help would be appreciated. Thanks, Jim
  18. J

My S-I-L is looking for someone in the Raleigh, or Charlotte area to build her a dressed up picnic t

My Sister in law who lives in Charlotte is looking for someone to build her a what I call a dressed up picnic table. If anyone is interested, please get in touch with me and I will forward her information on to you. There seems to be no interest in the Charlotte area, would anyone in...
  19. J

Looking to run a few pieces of poplar thru someone's planer

Hello, I'm currently working on a kitchen project and need to run a few pieces of Poplar thru a planer to take it from 3/8" to 1/4". My planer is currently down but would be happy to help out with expenses. Sunday would work out best at your convenience. I live in West Raleigh, pretty close to...
  20. J

Anybody in the Raleigh (Surrounding) area win a bid from the NC State Surplus in Clyde, NC?

I just wanted to see if anybody won anything off the State Surplus Sale from the CLyde, NC auction? I did and was checking to see if anybody else from around this area won anything in hopes we may be able to carpool, split expenses, pick up for one another or help each other with the loading? If...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS