Search results

1. D

Vise Spindle Replacement

My vise screws are supposed to be metal, but I didn't know if a wooden one would suffice. I almost never use the tail vice as it is. Maybe you're right though. I emailed a company in Germany to see what they can do.
  2. D

Vise Spindle Replacement

see below, or above i guess lol thanks
  3. D

Vise Spindle Replacement

face of vise to bedding point 19 1/8" thread width 1 5/16 shaft width 1" needs hardware to go with it as well, but I can handle that part myself
  4. D

Vise Spindle Replacement

I've got a Scandanavian bench that missing the spindle on the tail vise. I do not need any recommendations to distributors. I would just like to know if anyone makes or knows someone personally who makes wooden spindles. That's all. Private message me about this please. Connor
  5. D

Anybody looking to push a jointer out the door?

Just send me a message or post something here. Preferably a nice 6 inch, I don't think I have any business with an 8 inch jointer. I just don't work on that scale. I don't have the money for anything higher end (Powermatic etc) but I'd prefer something solid and heavy. Oldschool sounds good...
  6. D

Where to find this molding?

Id say just get something different man that's a goose chase or an expensive match for a little bit of trim. If you want something similar, grab some RB3 moulding from Home Depot, rip the flat of the profile off, squish it together and you're lookin at something #### close. Other than that, I'd...
  7. D

That whole measure twice and cut once thing...

Could be worse. Could be much worse.
  8. D

Make new pine look like old pine?

I heard old, not pumpkin. And FA will Hardly turn pine black with the amount, or lack of, tannins present. Just gives pine a slightly dulled back, beaten down look. Nothing like it's reaction to oak, though a very similar effect comes in play when you dilute the #### out of it and put it on oak...
  9. D

Make new pine look like old pine?

ferrous acetate
  10. D

Hand planes

Oh! and you NEED an adjustable mouth block plane, period end of story. That all from me.
  11. D

Hand planes

Personally, i'd grab two old smoothing planes, turn one into a scrub, grab an old used no 5, clean em all up and see if I was still into it before shooting the moon on purchases. I got all old beat up used planes. It's three years later and I'm still using them every day and they treat me just...
  12. D

M+T End Grain Desk Complete

Made this outta some scrap from work for the g/f. More pictures in my profile, made an album, but here's a couple for now. No jigs, routers or sand paper involved here. Not sure how to make the photos just BE in the text here. Sorry.
  13. D

Furniture repair in WS

Danmart (my pops) may be able to help. My grandmother is in a care facility in WS and so he finds himself there relatively often so to speak. And he's right over in Durham.
  14. D

Interface needs editing. Can only upload one photo at a time in albums.....

Happy to help. Not tech savvy whatsoever but. If there is any legwork that can be assisted with, let me know. Thanks.
  15. D

Interface needs editing. Can only upload one photo at a time in albums.....

So when I go to upload pictures to an album I have to select file, open file, click upload, then wait for the item to upload, rinse repeat.... There must be someone who can update the website software. It has taken me 25 minutes to upload 30 photos. Which is absurd comparatively speaking...
  16. D

Starting desk/bookcase project

Have you experienced much tear out with you were cutting your doves using poplar? I always seem to get that headache. Did you end up doing half blinds or through dove's with a drawer front that appears so? I can't remember what you went with at this point
  17. D

Just so I can follow the conversation more accurately, are you all talking about the profile extending beyond the drawer box itself and resting against the face frame itself, acting as a drawer stop almost [or completely]? As opposed to inernal drawer stops and a drawer front profile landing...
  18. D

I know that door.... wait... I hung it. Dan should be making his way over here soon. Looks great so far..
  19. D

Comment by 'DannysBoy' in media 'IMG_412911'

very cool bro
  20. D

Looking for a Used 14" Bandasaw

$300-$450 range being on the higher end Don't need pointers about where to look or what I should get, just curious if anyone has something they're pushing out the door. Thanks a bunch Connor

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS