Search results

1. F

Facebook page?

Has something happened to the Facebook page?
  2. F

Old 'Arn' Machines

Hi all, Awhile back I bought an old 'arn' Darra-James 95 table saw and a old DeWalt 7790 radial arm saw. The RAS is cleaned up and about to go back together, then on to the table saw. My question is whether there is anyone in the Winston-Salem area that can help me with these machines if I get...
  3. F

Good Electrician?

I'm looking for a good electrician in the Mount Airy-Pilot Mountain-King area. I'm in talks to buy a radial arm saw and I need to know if I have enough space on the box and/or what is involved with a 3-phase tool. TIA, Floyd
  4. F

ISO Someone to Check Out and Clean Up an Old Motor

Hi folks, I just became the proud owner of a Darra James 95 12i table saw. I'm looking for someone who can check the motor over, attach a cord and make sure the whole thing is in good working order. It's a 2 hp Doerr, apparently wired for 230v. This is good because I just wired my shop for that...
  5. F

Clearance for Router Bushings?

Hi all, I'm settling in to build some router jigs, mostly for mortising and whatnot. Anyway, I trying to match bits up with two Whiteside bushing guides I bought awhile back. They both have pins to line them up properly and they're much better than the Porter Cable bushing guides I bought way...
  6. F

Good place to find dowel rods?

Hi all, I've been having trouble with the dowel rods you get from Home Depot and Lowe's, which are much too small. Anyone know where you can find good ones that fit all snug and proper? Floyd
  7. F

Old Powermatic 66 on Radar

Hi all, i've posted about my contractors saw woes. While, with the help of Mike Davis, the saw is now working much better, an old Powermatic 66 has popped up, one of the green ones, circa 1973. Apparently it sat in a barn for many years and somebody is trying to unload it. The seller says it...
  8. F

Old Machine Work

Anyone in the Winston-Salem/Greensboro area who does work on old woodworking floor machines? Floyd
  9. F

Need some bits and a saw blade sharpened

Hi all, I have a couple 10i table saw blades and 4-5 carbide-tipped straight router bits to be sharpened. I live in Pilot Mountain, but wander into town (Mount Airy/Winston-Salem) on a more or less regular basis. Any recommendations/volunteers? Floyd
  10. F

115 v. 230 volt Band Saw

Hi all, I've posted several times here lately, so forgive me for being a little relentless. I'm trying to set up a shop oriented toward working with slabs and cabinet work. Cabinet work I know about. Slabs I don't. I've made most of my decisions, but there are a couple more to go. I have a...
  11. F

White Oak logs

Hi all, A friend of mine has offered me 7-8 large White Oak logs, which were felled a week or two ago. They range from 20-32i across at the base and are 8-12 feet long. Seven are very straight, the eighth is a little crooked. No lumber yard seems to want them, so I am thinking about having them...
  12. F

Looking for Re-Saw Help

Hi, I recently bought a loose pile of lumber that includes 12-14 cherry and black walnut slabs of varying lengths. They range from 1 1/2i to 2i thick and 12 to 14i across. I would like to find someone who can re-saw these so I can create matching panels. Eventually I hope to buy a bandsaw big...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors