Search results

1. F

Facebook page?

I believe it is just this webpage and a Facebook page.
  2. F

Facebook page?

It’s a pretty good page really. Gets a lot of looks.
  3. F

Facebook page?

Okay, Mark. Back on. Sorry for the trouble.
  4. F

Facebook page?

Maybe. I used to post photos of old Art Deco and Art Nouveau furniture and woodwork, cool boats, etc., because of the design elements. Maybe they thought that was off-topic. Don’t know. Was never told not to do it and it got a lot of likes. Oh well.
  5. F

Facebook page?

Not letting me in. Seems like I’ve been blocked. Don’t know why.
  6. F

Facebook page?

Has something happened to the Facebook page?
  7. F

Old 'Arn' Machines

That's a good idea, but I don't think I have the time. Anyway, I think I've found a machinist here in Mount Airy. We'll see how that goes. Floyd
  8. F

Old 'Arn' Machines

My uncle seemed to think it would be easy, but it didn't sound easy. Of course, what Rucker does in his video doesn't look easy either.
  9. F

Old 'Arn' Machines

Yeah, it sounds tricky.
  10. F

Old 'Arn' Machines

Well, there's a video on OWWM where Keith Rucker machines the entire piece. My uncle, also a machinist, says it would be simpler to cut off the threaded portion and weld in a new acme screw to the proper size. He says the fasteners on the end are hardened steel and in good shape. What do you think?
  11. F

Old 'Arn' Machines

It's sitting upside down right now. Seemed to be the best way to get started on it.
  12. F

Old 'Arn' Machines

Do you know anyone who could help me work in it? For certain I need a knew lift rod. It's worn to the point of being almost stripped. Floyd
  13. F

Old 'Arn' Machines

I got a pretty lightweight Doerr motor. It's already been cleaned up and the bearings replaced. However, I'm told I can put up to a 5 hp motor on it. We'll see. I'll try the Doerr and see how it goes. Having a lightweight motor is apparently a plus on this saw. At least that is what I was told.
  14. F

Old 'Arn' Machines

Thanks. I'm looking forward to it. My uncle, a machinist, thinks I don't have to do a full-scale rebuild of the lift rod like that video on Vintage Machines. He says I can just cut it off and weld and acme crew to it. The other fittings look fine. Other than that, the big question(s) now are the...
  15. F

Old 'Arn' Machines

Yeah, I've been working with them and they've been very helpful. I've also been talking to the guys at Delphi about the RAS. They've been good, too. Problem is I'm not really a machine guy. As I put these back together, I'd feel more comfortable if I could call on someone to help as need be...
  16. F

Old 'Arn' Machines

Hi all, Awhile back I bought an old 'arn' Darra-James 95 table saw and a old DeWalt 7790 radial arm saw. The RAS is cleaned up and about to go back together, then on to the table saw. My question is whether there is anyone in the Winston-Salem area that can help me with these machines if I get...
  17. F

Good Electrician?

Thanks!
  18. F

Good Electrician?

Thanks. He's coming right out this afternoon. Appreciate it. Floyd
  19. F

Good Electrician?

Thanks. I've been looking into this for several weeks now and that is probably the most thorough answer I have gotten back. I just decided to look into radial arm saws because I looked at the shape of my shop -- about 12ft x 30ft -- and decided a RAS would serve me better for cross-cuts and...
  20. F

Good Electrician?

Think I tried Bretco once before, but they didn't want to come up this far. I'll try them again. Thanks. Floyd

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS