Search results

1. D

April Contest

This one has got to be good! This month's contest is for stationary shop benches and/or jigs, must be 80% scratch built, not a kit build (sorry). If you've built one, time to show it off. I'm widening up the "completed within" window (84 months) because I don't expect there are too many here...
  2. D

A vase

Maple vase and dogwood base with glass cylinder and poor roses. Wipe on poly finish. Base is 5.5" dia. Overall height is 15". The base is a dogwood crotch with a really nice 'flame/feather'. Just didn't think I could get a bowl out of it. It was green when I cut the mortise for the vase. 2...
  3. D

Catching up

Here are some more that are coming out of the (too big) WIP pile. Oak, ~ 7" dia. X 3" deep, with modest wipe (1-2 coats) on poly finish. Beech, ~7" dia. and 4" deep. Again modest wipe-on poly finish. You can tell it was turned green. More dogwood. Bottom right is a crotch piece, ~4.5" dia...
  4. D

Recent turning

More to post but the daughter commandeered this one today. She called it a ring bowl - a place to put her rings. I wouldn't let her take it without giving me a photo. Material is dogwood. ~3" dia. and 2" tall with wipe on poly finish. Critiques welcomed.
  5. D

Tools and Road trips

I've been contemplating for the last couple of years about some sort of a modular tool storage system. I've looked at the plastic stuff (Packout, etc.) and think, drawers. My criteria runs like this: I don't want to lift cases off to get to stuff inside a unit that is at the bottom of the...
  6. D

March 2024 Monthly Contest - Clock Cases

I think it is "time" for a new contest. This month's contest is for clock cases. If you've built one, time to show it off. I'm widening up the "completed within" window (60 months) because I don't expect there are too many here that mass produce clock cases. PM me if you think that is still...
  7. D

WTB as borrow, please

Needing a 1/2 arch-punch to punch 7-8 holes in rust preventive shelf liner, please.
  8. D

2024 February Contest, Illusions in Wood

The February contest is closed. Time to vote! It is time for the next contest. This one could be a challenge and I know we have the members here that can create some outstanding works Illusions in Wood - I'm thinking 2D that looks like 3D - easy for you cutting board and charcuterie creators...
  9. D

Training pending

Granddaughter cooked supper last night and cleaned up the kitchen. Whooot! Need to give her a bit of training on what goes in the diswasher. OBTW, I used Titebond III to assemble this ~5 (maybe more) years ago. As always, YMMV.
  10. D

January 2024 Contest - Burners Up!

This month's contest is pyrography, pokerwork, or fire needle embroidery. Yep, let's make some burn marks. How you gonna do it? Solid-point burner, wire-nib burner, or laser? Please follow the rules: Rules: -Must be created/completed within the last 36 months - here's a reason to sell...
  11. D

Toys for Christmas

As many of you may recall, I make a batch of noise-making toys for the family (3 generations) every holiday season. The first year was duck calls, the second was 4 chambered train whistles, and last year was kazoos. This year, well there done but I don't have pictures right now. Think game...
  12. D

December Contest

December contest is themed “Toys” I’m not putting an age limit on this one, but in my head I’m hearing “… all for the little ones…” and making joy. You toy must be 70% wood. Flat or round or it might make a sound rolls or squeaks, as long as it is a “toy”. And, this is a family forum. Respect...
  13. D

Picnic, May 18 2024

Time to mark the NCWoodworker.net calendar. Get your calendar cleared for this one!
  14. D

Thursday was a great day…

Granddaughter graduated from the Georgia Public Safety Training Center. Now she’s legit. Don’t think I would have made it through what she has. Got back mid afternoon and picked some turning supplies. Maple on the left, red cherry in the middle, and octopus on the right. Two more red...
  15. D

Been shutdown

Just couldn't handle the heat this summer. Shop upgrades in progress:
  16. D

Tennessee Association of Woodturners 2024 Symposium

TAW 35th Annual Symposium JANUARY 26th & 27th, 2024 Franklin TN This is usually a good symposium. I go so dearly beloved can spend a weekend with the grands. She goes so I can learn more woodturning stuff (and maybe buy a tool or two). For more information...
  17. D

November Monthly Contest - Ornaments

November and it is time to see your holiday ornaments and decorations. Must be 70% wood. Flat or round or makes a sound as long as it a holiday themed ornament/decoration. Rules: -Must be created/completed within the last 36 months - here's a reason to sell the old and build the new -One...
  18. D

2023 October Monthly Contest

October and time to see your carvings. Carved creatures, carved frames, legs, sticks, etc. Just carvings in wood. Rules: -Must be created/completed within the last 36 months - here's a reason to sell the old and build the new -One submission per creator/artist per category (month) -Each...
  19. D

Want to Learn to Turn?

The forum has a loaner lathe, a.k.a., The Goodwill lathe. The lathe is available for use for those who to try before buy. If you are interested in trying the world of turning, please reply. Here is a photo list of what is included: Goodwill Lathe inventory And here is the policy: For those...
  20. D

Misc. 5

Some more equipment from the 2nd widow selling husbands tools. Husband was a painter, QA furniture maker and guitar maker. Some prices marked - usually 80% retail - she's done some homework. Offers welcomed. I'll relay your offer and will PE to the Extravaganza if the offer is accepted and I...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS