Search results

1. D

MDF-To biscuit, or ?

In the process of making a veneered MDF box, thought that the hinge screws were not going to hold for long. Thinking a biscuit half might be the ticket to add strength where the hinges will be attached. Other solutions welcome.....dowels, inset hardwood, bolt?? And Merry Christmas to you, Ed
  2. D

Amaz shipping issue

Got a shipping denial on a router bit order. One of the reasons, and I quote,"SHARP EDGES". Well I hope so- The site has a ca, could this be Canada, and the boarder guards have susceptible fingers? Never have I had this issue before.....
  3. D

hardwood flooring underlayment ?

Any suggestions on putting down plywood on slab for 3/4 hardwood flooring install? In particular the nailing pattern for the ply? Going over 6 mil plastic with the ply, spaced out from each other and the walls. 15# roofing felt on top of ply. Any suggestions on sealing ply and or oak flooring-...
  4. D

Mr. Vise's birthday

Happy birthday Mike- four score and ??
  5. D

Suggestions for cutting aluminum

I have eighth inch angle that requires a slot in one wing. Wondering about using my scroll saw to open it from the drilled holes. Suggestions for blade and speed would be appreciated. Thanks, Ed
  6. D

Another score

Another retiree from Plain-0-Helpers closed his shop. I scored more than I bargained for less than I expected. Got a Makita 9820-2 wet grinder, some wood, and enclosed photos- of a set of Veritas chisels and a L-N rabbet plane.
  7. D

new door re-do

Have a project for some friends. They bought a "new" front door. It came with compression marks, screw holes and white paint marks. She wants it freshened up, but with a matte sheen. How should I test the finish to find a compatible over coat? Chemical, sand, shellac and poly....?
  8. D

Surge protector

Anybody put one in their panel on their own ? Is a permit required? Looks easy enough, but are there suggestions? Stay safe, Ed
  9. D

multiple blades?

Have you used more than a single ten inch blade on your table saw rather than a dado set? I want to do another Celtic knot, that is much thicker than a single blade, in a three inch block. My dado set does not have the height. And, I'm having alignment issues using spacers, among glue up...
  10. D

BURNED JOINT

burned joint, well I am a child of the sixties but, I was wondering if there are chemicals that would remove or open up burned end grain ? Or does the singe not effect the glue bond? Stay safe, Ed
  11. D

Raleigh to Plano

Small package to Plano, Texas, home of Toyota NA, Frito-Lay, and JC Penney's but better hurry to see the last one. No rush, Ed
  12. D

mystery accessory ?

Came across this device in a drawer full of unorganized stuff from a bulk purchase. Veritas/Lee valley printed on it, but my inquiry to them has gone unanswered, so I've turned to the GREAT source of info-you folks! Help needed, please. Ed
  13. D

inlay question

Friend asked how to do a banding inlay on a table top. I've done some inlay work, but I'm at a lost on just how to do a precise mortise on the corners. The table has a concave on both sides of a convex curve as viewed from above. Any suggestions other than a CNC? Makerspace is closed...
  14. D

Mike gets around

Received a small table this past weekend from a friend that's downsizing. Found a maker's mark in the drawer after starting to correct several ills. Turned out to be manufactured in wife's home town of Buffalo. Checking for further info I came across the image. Surprised to see Klingspor...
  15. D

Photo Finish Dilemma

Our kiddo showed me two of his pieces that have had underlying levels exposed. One from condensation, another from thieves oil. Both appear to have a photographic wood graining applique, because, the substructure is monochromatic, as in "pressboard" or particle board. I would appreciate...
  16. D

Which one?

A small group of neighbors want to replace the chop saw that the host has with either model of the Dewalt 12" sliders. 780 has the XPS system- any benefit having that over stop block? We do a lot of repetition, as we make cutting boards for benefit auctions, etc. Anyone get this and do not...
  17. D

Free wood

Did some one want some of this? Don't think PE comes this far west , ; ) Church had a work day, especially helpful for those who claimed there wasn't insurance on their belongings. Can not believe there were no fatalities, nor even serious injuries after driving through some of the worst of...
  18. D

Delta Jointer?

Looking at the infeed table lifting lever socket for a model 37-190C Delta 6" jointer, or needing thread type and size. The infeed table adjustment handle is missing,( no wonder it was so cheap). There is no notation in instruction manual on size and type of threads. Hate to use a...
  19. D

Thanks to the mentors

Thanks to the advisors and mentors who offered advice on building methods and sequences of panel cabinet doors. Dr.Bob, pop-pop, Dan, Mark, Jim, Matt, & Willem. I was pleased with how well(so far) and easily the setup was obtained. Kept reference tests just in case. Thanks to a new friend...
  20. D

Hot day with Mike

Another kudo for Mr Davis and his willingness to drive, and to help educate fellow woodworkers. Needed an inspiration to do up those wonderful chisels I got at Aldi's (8bucks) years ago, and fussed at today working on strike plate install. Seven years ago from FB, Ed

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS