Search results

1. L

Jointer cutter head replacement

Does this schematic help (http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/1141/492.pdf). Good Luck
  2. L

Craftsman/Belsaw planer - $300 (Currie) GONE

This is the Woodmaster replacement crank. https://woodmastertools.com/shop/accessories/drum-sander-parts-accessories/crank-handle-fits-woodmaster-drum-sanders-and-planermodlers/
  3. L

Attached is a RBI/Woodmaster model 612 manual. Not identical to yours but very similiar. Perhaps it will help. Scott
  4. L

Congratulations, You new old Planer looks very similiar to my 1980's Woodmaster 712 (Still running well). Except your drive mechanism uses chains and mine uses v-belts. Woodmaster is still in business. I suspect you might be able to get replacement parts like new bed rollers if needed. Scott
  5. L

Spray Gun replacement options

You can try soaking your existing gun in diluted Krud Kutter (available big box stores). Krud Kutter can do an amazing job cleaning dried finish off a neglected spray gun. Scott Efland
  6. L

Kiln construction

Here is an article describing a DIY dehumidification kiln. I've never done it myself. Scott Efland NC
  7. L

Clear vinyl porch curtains?

We followed this DIY video () 3 years ago and it worked well. Taping the seams accurately and even on the large vinyl pieces was challenging. We used the DIY brass grommets which worked well but took some time to install. The Vinyl has little insulation value and attaching the Vinyl with...
  8. L

Carriage Garage Door

I also built my own roughly following (with modifications) a Fine Homebuilding article - Building Custom Carriage-House Doors - Fine Homebuilding. Due to the size of my doors I needed to create a large, flat temporary assembly table and they were heavy. But not terribly difficult.
  9. L

USA Made Planer - $500 (Greensboro)

This looks very similar to my 1980's Woodmaster 712 inch planer. My Planer uses 230V/20amp. Woodmaster Tools is still in business.
  10. L

The Hillsborough Efland Mebane Chapel Hill Durham and nearby get-to-know-you thread

Dylan, I am located on Bradshaw Quarry Road, Efland not too far from Buckhorn Road. I am setting up my new shop (30ft x 40ft, less than 1 year old). Scott L
  11. L

Electrical options of r setting up a new shop

I am in Efland NC (Orange County) with Piedmont Electrical Membership Co-op. Last year I build a new stand-alone shop. Originally my electrician suggested installing a 60A or 100A sub panel but I was concerned about not having enough amperage. I talked with PEMC and my electrician about...
  12. L

Another lumber run? Mahongany

I'd be interested in 100 bf of curly maple and 100bf of mahogany. Scott
  13. L

Looking for local (Durham NC) machine shop

Many thanks to DaveD for his help. He sure has a nice milling machine in his garage. The the company was good! Scott Langdon
  14. L

Looking for local (Durham NC) machine shop

Hello, I'm looking for a local machine shop recommendation to make a one of a kind aluminum jig for drilling hinges. I am aware of the existing commercial jigs but am looking for something slightly different. What I have in mind seems simple to me but (probably) requires a milling machine to...
  15. L

Anyone use a Fuji 3-stage HVLP?

Does anyone have experience with the 3-stage Fuji HVLP? Is the 3-stage system strong enough to spray water-based topcoats? Are the quieter versions of the system worth the extra $100-200 cost? Does the new Fuji gun with the pattern control work as well as described. I am looking to...
  16. L

Cutting angled tenons

You should contact Charles Neil (http://www.cn-woodworking.com/) - He recently developed a DIY compound angle tenon cutting jig for the tablesaw. Simple and effective. I believe its in a DVD of his. Scott
  17. L

Charles Neil Spray Finishing Class

If anyone is looking for an excellent class on spray finishing water based products I heartily recommend they consider Charles Neil's finishing class in New Market Virginia. I just completed the class and learned tons. We covered everything from wood prep and blotch control to coloring with...
  18. L

Potential Raleigh Oak Lumber Run.

Reconfirm 100 bf QSRO if available. Otherwise 100bf FSRO. Scott Langdon Langd002
  19. L

Ok, now's your chance to give Scott Smith a hand

I can make it Sunday AM. Scott Langdon
  20. L

Potential Raleigh Oak Lumber Run.

Confirm - 100bf W. Oak Langd002

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS