Search results

1. C

CNC Miter-Fold Octagonal Box

Years ago, I found a picture showing how to cut a rectangular miter-fold box. The concept is straightforward – cut miters almost, but not quite, through the wood, leaving a thin, foldable outer skin. Fold the box and glue it, and you’re done. I had forgotten the miter-fold concept while I spent...
  2. C

**SOLD** FOR SALE: Pinnacle Pen Turning 5 Piece Chisel Set, $40

My pen turning career was short, and this set of 5 turning chisels was used only once. It is billed as a great addition to any turners kit, for smaller turning projects. Set includes 1/8" and 1/4" spindle gouges, 1/8" parting tool, 1/4" round nose scraper, and 1/4" skew chisel. Tools are...
  3. C

**SOLD** JET 10-20 plus OPEN-SIDED BENCH-TOP DRUM SANDER

JET 10-20 plus OPEN-SIDED BENCH-TOP DRUM SANDER, $400 This is the older Jet sander – there are newer ones this size, most sell for around $1,200. I got this one a few years ago when I was building small cabinets and Pennsylvania spice boxes, and had to glue up and sand boards to get the required...
  4. C

Progress on Metal Inlay Box

A while ago I asked some questions about inlaying metal in wood. I feel comfortable enough now to give it a try. Step 1: Cut & patina the 3inch brass medallion that will be inset on the box lid. Step 2: Cut & patina the (6) 1-inch medallions that will be inlaid around the outside of the 12-sided...
  5. C

Inlaying Metal into Wood

I have been making small brass medallions for a while now, on the CNC machine, for use as pendants (see attached photo.) I have never tried inlay of any kind (probably be more sensible to try wood on wood first, but, well, sometimes compulsive behavior gets in the way of common sense.) Anyway, I...
  6. C

**SOLD** ROCKLER THIN RIP TABLESAW JIG, #36833

ROCKLER THIN RIP TABLESAW JIG, #36833 Condition: new, never used. Rockler price, $35. Price to you $15.
  7. C

Small Wooden Boxes

Some nice CNC work you guys have been coming up with. I have been experimenting with fancy woods, images and shapes as well. One of my favorites is a series of boxes I made for my sister to sell in her booth at the Indiana Renaissance Faire. I call them "Hexadecagon in Padauk." They offer...
  8. C

Doing A Little Metal Cutting As Well

It seems a little heretical to share some experience with cutting metal on my favorite woodworking site, but the skills overlap, and maybe others have been branching out as well. After a good experience making small wooden boxes to sell at a Renaissance Faire, I decided to try to make some...
  9. C

Any Luck With Less Expensive End Mills?

I've had some success cutting 2D and 3D images in brass with my small X-Carve and Stepcraft machines, making medallions for renaissance fairs. I started with Amana Spektra and ZrN-coated end mills, and finally got to very conservative cut speeds and widths that get the job done, and don't often...
  10. C

Showing a classified item as "sold"

Hi -- My classified ad worked well, and my item has sold. How can I mark the ad as "sold", so no one else will call about it? Thanks for your help. John Clayton
  11. C

Help Posting Items for Sale

Hi, NC Woodworkers, I am returning to North Carolina after several years abroad and in the west of the U.S. My account is listed as "inactive". Would that affect my ability to post items for sale? If so, is there a way to fix the problem? I can't see any way to post new items for sale. Thank...
  12. C

Returning to NC Woodworkers

Greetings, fellow woodworkers. It has been so long since I posted anything that I am officially "inactive" -- sorry. Since I joined the group in 2006, I have spent 2 years in Tonga, then moved to Colorado. The local guys there chat through FamilyWoodworking.org, so I lost track of my NC roots. I...
  13. C

China Woody Here

Very happy to become a part of the NC Woodworking community. I am a business guy who always wanted to be a wood guy. I retired three years ago, after spending 33 years with IBM. To ease into retirement, my wife and I spent the following three years in mainland China, teaching English in Chinese...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS