Search results

1. beloitdavisja

3D Printed Table Saw Dust Collection

An interesting watch as this guy alters his tablesaw's dust collection with 3D printed parts. He's in Germany, and using a generic chinese manufactured saw, so the parts aren't applicable to what's available here, but I liked watching the problem solving that he goes through. While it's not...
  2. beloitdavisja

Yarn e-Spinner

Background My wife does a lot of fiber art - weaving, knitting, dyeing, etc. She has a functional antique spinning wheel, the typical foot powered kind. She's been mentioning wanting something more portable to take places. I was looking at some and saw that Ashford makes an e-spinner. I about...
  3. beloitdavisja

Automated Zen Garden Sand Table

Ever since I saw a video of the Sisyphus Table, I wanted to make one. I've researched doing it off an on for a years now but never started. I came across a maker on Youtube (DIYMachines) who published a detailed video and instructions, complete with the source code you'd need to run the table...
  4. beloitdavisja

Shaker Candlestick Table

While buying stocking stuffers at Ollie's last year, I saw a book on Shaker furniture for $4 and bought it - it was too cheap not to! Fast forward to a few weeks ago, I wanted a little side table for my recliner so I could easily put stuff on it while I'm watching TV. I remembered the book an...
  5. beloitdavisja

Garage Electrical Advice

Family and I just moved into our new house and I'm adapting to my new workspace in the garage. It's 2 car garage with a little extra workspace on the side. The agreement with my wife to convince her to move is that she gets a parking spot inside. ;) Now that we've closed on our old house and...
  6. beloitdavisja

Auctioneer's Checkered Gavel

I had someone reach out to me wanting a gavel, with some specific design requests. He had recently gotten his NC Auctioneer's license and wanted a gavel from someone local, with a maple/walnut checkered design, and a maple sounding board with is logo engraved. Gave me an excuse to work on my...
  7. beloitdavisja

Check your Bandsaw for this

I watch woodturner Allan Stratton on YouTube and he had a video out last week explaining how he got injured using his bandsaw. Basically, as he was turning off the saw, his hand missed the off button and his finger went into the blade return channel. Luckily he only ended up with a few stiches...
  8. beloitdavisja

Recommendations for Desk Plans?

My next big project is going to be making a desk for myself. My current desk I'll be handing down to my son now that he needs one. I've had it since I was a kid - my dad and I got it out of an abandoned mill in Davidson that we were volunteering to do something in, and it was just going to be...
  9. beloitdavisja

NC State Parks Map

Back in 2019, I took my son Rowan (6 at the time) for his first camping trip to Hanging Rock State Park. When we were at the visitor center, the park ranger told us about the NC Parks Passport, a booklet where you can get a stamp from each park you visit, and there are rewards for hitting...
  10. beloitdavisja

Cribbage Board w/ Laser cut inlays

Just finished a cribbage board. Board is maple with walnut, cherry, and sapele for the inlays. Sliding dovetail peg storage area. Inlays were cut & engraved on a 50W laser. Danish oil finish. This is version 1 of the design. Played a game on it last night and noticed some small things that I...
  11. beloitdavisja

Mounting Triton Router (Another Raffle Prize Thread)

Many thanks to all those organizing the raffle. I was really fortunate to win one of the Triton routers. In fact, this particular router has been on my wish list for some time now! About a month ago I gave a friend my old craftsman router table since it was taking up more floor space in the shop...
  12. beloitdavisja

Powermatic 2244 Drum Sander -$1500 & Supermax 25-50 - $1000 (Four Oaks)

Not mine. Seems like a great deal for a powermatic. Description says he has a Supermax 25-50 for sale as well for $1000. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1975858102550872
  13. beloitdavisja

Miter Saw Cart

As part of my never-ending quest to maximize my limited shop space, I built a miter saw cart with fold-out wings and storage. I had a Bora miter saw stand that I hardly used, and its footprint was way too large that I mostly kept it folded up in the corner of the shop. The miter saw I took off...
  14. beloitdavisja

Supermax 16-32 Drum Sander $500 Greer SC

Not mine. Seen a lot of these go for a lot more than 500. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/618836409045275
  15. beloitdavisja

Free - Steel Cart with Vise - SOLD

Built a new miter saw cart and need to get this out of the shop! Steel cart with 6" vise. Top is 3/8 thick steel, metal casters (non-locking, probably 4"), cabinet for storage. It's not pretty, but it's sturdy. Located in Charlotte Will be posting on FB this weekend if no one wants it.
  16. beloitdavisja

Dizzy Bowl

I decided the best way to put my new bandsaw through its paces was to do a bunch of resawing, and doing a Dizzy Bowl was perfect for the practice. The Dizzy Bowl is a take on the "bowl from a board" concept - Just basically thin strips laminated together, then resawn to make boards, rings cut...
  17. beloitdavisja

New bandsaw - hurry up and wait.

I've been waiting on a Rikon sale to come around, and Woodcraft has a 15% off sale. I finally pulled the trigger last week on the Rikon 10-326 14" bandsaw. They didn't have any in stock at the store other than the floor model, so I opted to wait and have it shipped to the store. Unfortunately...
  18. beloitdavisja

New to me 50W CO2 Laser

A friend of mine upgraded to an Epilog laser, and was looking to get rid of her old laser, so I bought it at a pretty good bargain price. This thing is HUUGE. It's a 50W C02 laser, 20x12 working area bed. The whole unit is roughly 24" deep x 40" length x 24" height She had been using this to...
  19. beloitdavisja

Woodcraft Bora Parallel Clamps - $35

Just got an email from Woodcraft saying Bora Parallel clamps (24" & 31") are 30% off...
  20. beloitdavisja

Carding Drum finished!

I finished up the Drum Carder for my wife! She's excited to start using it. I cut the discs for the drums on my table saw, and turned the pulleys on my lathe. I did mount the drums on the lathe after gluing up for a light sanding. I ended up making 14 discs each of 2" and 7" diameters. Frame...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS