Search results

1. G

Where can I find Maple Plywood?

Try Rugby Architectural Supply in Kernersville
  2. G

Looking for someone to turn 4 legs for me

I’m in Wilmington and can turn legs that long. Do you have the lumber?
  3. G

Router Plane

Can’t believe that Lee Valley considers the KM plane a rip off of their design. The Veritas uses a blade adjustment that is just like the Stanley 71. The KM has a totally unique blade holder/adjuster, which based on the video, is a big improvement.I don’t think that the shape of the base is a...
  4. G

Calling all Wilmingtonians

Sorry, I guess that I missed this thread when it first posted. I’m very interested in a Wilmington get together.
  5. G

Schaff tool chisels

Looks like NC Woodworkers are jumping on this. I ordered a set too. Thanks Mike.
  6. G

Calling all Wilmingtonians

I’m very interested.
  7. G

New member in Wilmington

Welcome to the forum, another Wilmington wood worker here. I second the idea of a Wilmington area meetup.
  8. G

Picnic and Sides

I’ll be bringing a desert
  9. G

Hobbyist in Wilmington

Welcome to the group. Great to see more woodworkers from Wilmington.
  10. G

Hello everyone

Welcome to a great woodworking group. Glad to see to see the Wilmington area membership grow. Thanks for posting the photos of your work, I think that it’s amazing.
  11. G

Woodworker's RV

The wife’s legs must end at her knees, and the steering wheel is connected to the wheels by....magic?
  12. G

Sliding leg vise with X cross

I see now what you did. Thanks.
  13. G

Sliding leg vise with X cross

In various forums, people who have tried to build DIY x-crosses found that the vise would slightly release pressure after it was clamped down. It looks like you’ve solved the problem with the triple arm x-cross, and I’m going to copy it. My question is, did you engineer the shape of the arms, or...
  14. G

Vises or Vices?

I’m DIY’ing my leg vise. I’m using a 1” acme threaded rod for the screw. I can’t remember if I found it on Ebay or Amazon, but I just checked and they’re available at less than $30 for a three foot piece from Amazon. I bought an acme nut from the local Fastenal. ( I found that the prices at the...
  15. G

Need 5/8 MDO source in Winston-Salem area

You might check Rugby Architectural Building Products in Kernersville. I don’t know if they have what you’re looking for specifically, but I have found that the branch in Wilmington has a good selection of sheet goods.
  16. G

CA shelf life

I bought several bottles of different viscosities a couple of years ago so that I would have it on hand when I needed it. Big Mistake. I needed it last week and all of it was rock solid.
  17. G

Where does you favorite tool rank?

As some of the previous posters have said, it depends on how you define “favorite.” I think that turning bowls is the most enjoyable thing that I do in the shop. On the other hand, I can’t use the term “enjoyable “ to describe turning 200+ spindles with a duplicator. I sold my duplicator to...
  18. G

Remote Start or Switch on Wall etc. for Dust Collection.

I now have automatic start, but previously I had a switch on the end of a 25’ drop cord. A drop cord was cheaper than raw cable. I cut the plugs off the ends and wired a switch in a metal gang box on one end. I could take the switch to whatever machine I was using and I could hang it on or near...
  19. G

Drill press mortise attachment

It sounds to me that the bit is self feeding into the piece faster than you can push the chisel. A dedicated mortiser has an arm that is 3 to 5 times longer than the typical drill press arm, and also a lot beefier to allow you to force the chisel through the wood. I suppose you could try to rig...
  20. G

Is there a suitable, cost effective replacement for cypress?

I’m not sure why. I also don’t know how to post a link in my reply, but if you google “rot resistance of cypress“ you’ll find the same information.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS