Search results

1. A

Looking for help with a piece I need cut with a CNC

I need to get a small sign done via CNC, I do not own one and I need this on a piece about 17 inches by 17 or smaller. Wondering if there is anyone not too far from Durham that can help with this small project ? Thanks in advance.
  2. A

Looking for a piece of walnut.....

Wondering if any Durham area folks may have a piece of Walnut hanging around that they would like to part with for some cash and save me a trip to Gibsonville today? I'm looking for 4/4 , 26 in long by 10 inches wide. I went over to Klingspor yesterday and sadly they have zero walnut and...
  3. A

Help with re saw

I have some 2 inch square poplar that I need to cut by re saw method and my band saw is not set up for re saw, wondering if anyone in the Durham area could help me with this? I have 4 of them that will need to be cut in half of course the long way. Thanks in advance for any help at all.
  4. A

Looking to borrow a large Forstner Bit

I'm looking to borrow a 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 forstner bit for a one time project will probably need it for a few days. I'm in Durham, thanks !!!
  5. A

need help with surface planing .....

I have glued up some hard maple and I need it planed a bit, problem is its bigger than my planer. I thought I had a place to do this for me, but now they cant. Does anyone have a planer that can handle a 17 or 18 inch wide board ?? or know of a place that may have one ? or if no planer around...
  6. A

Delta Unisaw Parts

Hi all, I need a new on/off switch for my older Delta Unisaw , does anyone know if this can be purchased local to Durham ? or will I need to go online? any help is much appreciated, thanks !!
  7. A

question about resawing with my band saw.

I have a delta 12 in band saw and was wondering if anyone has ever changed the blade to do resaw?? also is my band saw big enough to resaw ? as you can tell never done it before, thanks in advance !:thumbs_up:thumbs_up
  8. A

Has anyone used beeswax for a table finish ??

I was wondering if anyone on the site has used bee's wax for a finish for a table before ? I have used a bee's wax linseed oil combo before. But not just bee's wax. Anyone used it before ?? Thanks in advance !
  9. A

HELP, with Sharpening

I have been doing some turning on my lathe recently and it seems like some of the cutting tools need to be sharpened. I dont have what is needed to do this, is anyone in the Durham or surrounding area that could sharpen theses for me ? I could supply a six pack in return or a little green to...
  10. A

woodworking stuff for sale

I saw on a local site in Durham about a sale that was happening last friday, it was a home shop and they where selling the contents of the shop. I went by on friday evening as it was only from 5:30 - 7:30. They where giving away any and all wood, and selling all tools and supplies in the shop...
  11. A

Looking for Pneumatic stapler to borrow or rent ..

I'm working on my British car interior and need to borrow or rent a pneumatic stapler for some vinyl work. I have a crown stapler but the staples are too big. I'm looking for one that handles a 1/4 inch staples can anyone either lend one or recommend a place to rent one? Thanks in advance !
  12. A

Woodworking Shop Auction - Chapel Hill High School- April 29th

I saw this on auction zip, the Chapel Hill High School has closed the woodworking program and will be auctioning off all their tools. April 29th @ 9am , www.phillipwalkerauctions.com a few pics from the website.
  13. A

Estate sale in Oxford NC , lots of woodworking equipment

I saw this on the state sale website, its in Oxford NC for this weekend. Looks like alot of Grizzly stuff. Maybe worth someones time to head over there, sadly I have to work both days. https://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/6072799807.html
  14. A

Powermatic, 10" Tilting Arbor Saw, Model 66, w/Owners Manual. @ NC Surplus

I saw this table saw on the NC surplus website, its up for sale. You basically have to register to bid, doesn't cost anything, but I think they are sealed bids and they accept the highest bid. Its at the Surplus location in Raleigh, I dont think its too far from the Fairgrounds. Bids have to be...
  15. A

Woodworking Shop Auction - Hillsborough

I saw this on Craigslist, thought I would put it out here for anyone. I have no affiliation with this. Just thought it might help someone out. Here is the link: LelandLittle.com There is tons of woodworking tools and such up for auction !!:thumbs_up
  16. A

accessories for wood lathe

I have an older Craftsman wood lathe I inherited from my dad, I just recently set it up and started using it. My question is this, I'm interested in turning bowls and he didn't have any accessories for the lathe so I could do this. Any recommendations for what I need to do this ?? I seem to...
  17. A

Wake Forest Estate sale - Table Saw plus more

I saw that there is an Estate Sale starting tomorrow and they have a few woodworking items for sale. 1) Delta Table saw with Biesemeyer fence(unit looks kinda new) 2) Rigid surface planer 3) Delta dust collection 4) Steel City drill press 5) Delta sanding station 6) and a woodworkers bench ,plus...
  18. A

Looking for great price on Cypress

I'm looking for Cypress in 16 ft lengths, if possible 3/4 inch thick and 8 inch wide. I need about a qty of 5 of these 16 ft'ers . Any chance there is a local sawmill that sells this ? I do know of the few retail places that carry it, any help is much appreciated , thanks !!
  19. A

ACM Band saw

Is anyone familiar with the ACM band saws, I know of one for sale and don't know hardly anything about them. This model is a LT 16 HD and its from 2002 I can see from the plate its made in Italy. I also don't have any idea of what they go for?
  20. A

got a different question......

I know this is a woodworking site and I really enjoy woodworking, but I'm looking for some help with welding. Specifically for the floor boards of my classic British sports car. I thought I saw some old posts about welding but cant seem to find them now, any help is greatly appreciated, thanks !!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors