Search results

1. C

Outcome of the Frame Saw Workshop

I finished my frame saw from the recent workshop this weekend. I also made a kerfing plane with an adjustable fence. Both of these saw kits were from Bad Axe Tools works and the plans were from Tom Fidgen's Book "The Unplugged Woodshop". I used this combination for a quick experimental cut this...
  2. C

Frame Saw Class Update?

I see that the thread is locked, but did anything come of the Frame Saw Class interest thread? I know I would still love to do the class.
  3. C

Barrister Bookcase

I completed the Wood Whisperer Guild barrister bookcase yesterday. It is made from Honduran mahogany finished with garnet shellac and black wax. Mine is modified quite a bit, I move quite often for the military and I felt that the modularity would be more likely to be damaged so I made it one...
  4. C

Resaw Help

I have a Laguna 1412 with a Woodslicer blade. When I start to resaw a piece of lumber the blade immediately dives toward the fence. If I hold the workpiece forcibly against the fence the blade is clearly bowed that way. -I have tried adjusting both the tension and the blade tracking on the...
  5. C

Furniture Grade Plywood in Sanford or Fayetteville?

Does anyone know a source for good plywood near Sanford or Fayetteville? I need 4'x4' and I can't make it up to Raleigh anytime soon.
  6. C

Arts and Crafts Book Case

Just finished this bookcase this week. It is my first piece from oak. I used some beautiful quarter sawn white oak which I finished using an article on mission oak finishing by Jeff Jewitt on the advice of Scott Smith. I also purchased the wood from Scott and would like to thank him for taking...
  7. C

Wood ID Help

I received a large old beam from my mother in law a few years ago and had it sliced up last weekend. I was hoping someone might be able to offer some insight as to what would it might be. The beam was about 10' long, 13" wide, and 4" thick, I assume it was meant as a joist or support of some...
  8. C

I need a small carving reproduced

Can anyone carve a small replacement carving for a piece of furniture I am restoring? I have attached a picture of what I need reproduced. It is about 4 inches long.
  9. C

Greetings from Sanford

Greetings to everyone, I recently moved back to the area after being stationed in Alaska for the past few years. I've been slowly getting deeper into the hobby for the past 4 years and really stepped it up in the last year and a half. Ive crammed my shop into half our our garage with my table...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS