Search results

1. C

Handsaw skills workshop October 7 sign up

I'm afraid I won't be able to make it. I have to travel back to TN that weekend. So sorry to bail.
  2. C

Handsaw skills workshop October 7 sign up

I'll try to make it to this one. Put me down.
  3. C

Anyone else get the email from FWW about a "NEW TOOL FOR DAD" ?

Same people who bout the $600 (I think) dowel press. I prefer to bash my dowels through a plate if I need to, great stress relief.
  4. C

SawStop fired

I should have been more clear, I have had my saw stop fire on the same blade twice. Both instances I was able to remove the blade from the block without to much unreasonable trouble and forrest was able to repair the blade include missing teeth with no issues and for far cheaper than buying a...
  5. C

SawStop fired

Depending on the blade it may be worth pulling out and having repaired. I have had my WWII repaired twice with no issues.
  6. C

Outcome of the Frame Saw Workshop

I finished my frame saw from the recent workshop this weekend. I also made a kerfing plane with an adjustable fence. Both of these saw kits were from Bad Axe Tools works and the plans were from Tom Fidgen's Book "The Unplugged Woodshop". I used this combination for a quick experimental cut this...
  7. C

Workbench Slabs - taking census on who many are interested in

Thanks, just wanted to check in.
  8. C

Any update on price estimates?
  9. C

Interest in a handsaw skills workshop

I look forward to making it to the next iteration. I should have some pictures of the outcome of our last workshop later this week.
  10. C

Sorry I wasn't able to make it. I had some family concerns come up yesterday.
  11. C

Using my garage as a workshop

My garage door came insulated but I haven't done anything else for sound proofing and as long as the doors are closed I don't find it very noticeable outside at all. I certainly don't think my neighbors could hear it through their walls as well. I have turned stuff on and walked out to street...
  12. C

Painting New Furniture....pre or post assembly?

I have pre-finished using paint, shellac, stains, etc. I have never used lacquer for anything yet. If it is a film, paint, or oil finish I tape of any glue surfaces such as tenons. It might add some set up time to the finishing process but I find it easier to finish lots of smaller flat pieces...
  13. C

Painting New Furniture....pre or post assembly?

It completely depends on the project. I will sometimes paint inside surfaces before assembly, just to make it easier especially if it has some deeper spaces that are difficult to spray. I will also pre-finish panels in frame and panel assembly so unfinished wood doesn't show with wood movement...
  14. C

I second this, exactly the type of top I am looking for.
  15. C

I'd be more than happy with hickory if it is a good price. Since you have access to large stock would it be possible to also purchase some hickory stock for the base even if you can't process it?
  16. C

Sorry about that I guess I need to proofread better. I meant 2 slabs at 12" wide, 6' long, and 4" thick our of maple?
  17. C

Any price estimate for say a 2 12"x6" slabs for a split top roubo with vise cutouts and dog holes?
  18. C

I could do either, but I would prefer the 22nd.
  19. C

An interesting project that we recently completed

Absolutely beautiful work Scott. I saw those benches in the shop last Saturday and I was wondering what they were going to be. Such great character in that wood, the checking just work well with the overall aesthetic of the bench and looks even better in person than the pictures.
  20. C

Homeright spray shelter

I ordered one of these as well. I intend to build some sort of lazy susan so I can easily rotate smaller items without having to work inside the shelter to get to the back etc.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors