Search results

1. jaustin

Finishing cypress.

Was ask to make porch sign that has the family name. Will be making it out of a 10" x 48" piece of cypress. They asked for it to be stain with a dark stain and the letters painted white. Is there any certain stain and paint that you would suggest using? Also sealer will Spar urethane be ok or...
  2. jaustin

Barrel hinges

Anyone have any recommendation how to figure out the spacing for a 8mm barrel hinge to the edge? Have a project that I want to use barrel hinges and thought that there would be some kind a of instruction on spacing. But nope. Thanks for any help
  3. jaustin

Outdoor paint

Was asked to make a outdoor sign. Will be using white oak. They wanted the letters painted black. Plan on usi g spar urethane to seal it. But not sure what type of paint would be best for the lettering and that is compaowitb the spar. Do I use regular outdoor paint then apply the spar?
  4. jaustin

Looking for 12/4 white oak

Need a couple pieces of dried 12/4 white oak 3-4" wide short as 15". Any suggestions where I may find some?
  5. jaustin

Sander for small circles

Anyone have a recommendation for a electric sander for sanding the bottom of small circle about 1" deep 2-3 round?
  6. jaustin

Bought a new CNC router.

Had a carvewright it was nice but it was limited to me on what i wanted to do. So about 6 months ago came across a new setup called the Onefinity. Order it and it finally arrived last week. It has a 32 x 32 work area uses a Makita router. The table is 2 harbor freight metal work bench that is...
  7. jaustin

Craftshows in NC

Looks like I will be out of a full time job after the first of the year. Thinking it's may be time to go and try the woodworking full time. Anyone have a good source on finding craft shows in NC? Hopefully this covid will go away and start allowing them to start back up by then. Thanks
  8. jaustin

SOLD Used SHOP FOX W1752 Mini Wood Lathe

SOLD Quick access speed changes Swing over bed: 10-Inch Tailstock travel: 3-1/4-Inch Tool rest length: 6-1/4-Inch Plastic motor cover has a broken spot in it, doesn't hurt the operation of the lathe. Asking $150 OBO listed on FB market also
  9. jaustin

carvewright cnc machine for sale

Selling my Carvewright asking 700 obo runs good. Will ship at your expense I am located in Thomasville North Carolina. I need to free up space in the shop. See pictures with what all comes with it. prefer to sell to someone that alreadys has one and wants a second unit. Softaware i have is non...
  10. jaustin

oven for sale $150

Have a oven for sale, asking $150 or trade would like some thin exotic type wood 3/8 to 1/2" thick. Was going to use it for powder coating but decide I need to open some floor space. Temps range from 80-550 degrees. Should make a good oven for drying blanks or small pieces of wood.
  11. jaustin

New Shop

If anyone is looking to have a small shop or utility building built I would recommend 3 graham builders. http://www.3grahambuilders.com/ I am moving my metal working stuff into this shop so I can have my wood shop back and try to make some wood stuff again. This was done over 2 days about 10...
  12. jaustin

Looking for some western red cedar.

I am needing some Western red cedar enough to glue up 4-5 panels. approximate 14"x 32" Thought I would check here before going to the hardwood store. Looking for some close to Thomasville.
  13. jaustin

8/4 wormy maple for sale

I have approx. 100bdft of wormy maple. measure are: 12 boards approx. 105" x 5.5"x 1 7/8" 1 board approx 55" X 5.5"x 1 7/8" There is some cracking at ends and some surface cracking. Asking $225 or best offer located in Thomasville jaustin27360@gmail.com
  14. jaustin

planner and jointer blades?

Haven't bought any planner and jointer blades for a couple years. Called to find out how much to get a set sharpen and was told something like a $1.50 a in. This was at a Klingspor. I used to take them to woodcraft the last time i had a couple sets sharpen but the local store closed. Don't...
  15. jaustin

Lever Action pen

I order the kit and bushing from Ed at Exoticblanks.com I glued the tube in and after it set up went and but the bushing in to mount it on the mandrel and they felt a little loose. I looked around trying to find the dimension of the bushing and tube and could not find them. I ended up calling...
  16. jaustin

Made a carbide tool holder.

I been wanting to make my own carbide tool holder. Used it as a opportunity to used my cnc mill to learn more about programming it and running it. I ended up making a steady rest to hold while i drilled it since my lathe isn't long enough to hold the handle and drill bit at the same time...
  17. jaustin

Solidworks cad software for veterans.

I just to let any vet on here know that they can get a copy of solidworks for $20 I got the info from another forum I read, go to solidworks website click how to buy to of screen. right side click Military Veterans Program Follow instructions on screen I did have to sign the form and send a...
  18. jaustin

Cypress patio table

Here is the table I built from the 5/4 Cypress I purchased from Rick at the woodworking source. Plans I used. http://ana-white.com/2010/04/plans-simple-outdoor-dining-table.html
  19. jaustin

Looking for Cypress or cedar close to Thomasville

Anyone know where I might find some Cypress or cedar close to Thomasville? I am Looking to build outdoor patio furniture. I would Like Cypress or cedar1x6 and a couple 2x6. On the cedar don't want the aromatic ceader with the red blotches in it. (not sure what to call it) as little knots as...
  20. jaustin

Discount qualified?

How do we use this discount program? going to the hardwood store tomorrow and will like to see if i can use it.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS