Search results

1. jaustin

Finishing cypress.

Was ask to make porch sign that has the family name. Will be making it out of a 10" x 48" piece of cypress. They asked for it to be stain with a dark stain and the letters painted white. Is there any certain stain and paint that you would suggest using? Also sealer will Spar urethane be ok or...
  2. jaustin

The Hardwood Store of NC Grand Opening Celebration March 23rd

Been there 2x's already hopefully I can make it the 23rd.
  3. jaustin

Barrel hinges

They where cheap ones from amazon. I think I got it figured out after about 5 tries.
  4. jaustin

Barrel hinges

Thank Ill give it a try
  5. jaustin

Barrel hinges

Anyone have any recommendation how to figure out the spacing for a 8mm barrel hinge to the edge? Have a project that I want to use barrel hinges and thought that there would be some kind a of instruction on spacing. But nope. Thanks for any help
  6. jaustin

Outdoor paint

Seal it with the spar or a sanding sealer? The letters will be routed into the board.
  7. jaustin

Outdoor paint

Thanks, Outdoor paint lightly sand ,reapply paint if black lightens, then I lightly sand black the apply 2 coats of spar after cleaning.
  8. jaustin

Outdoor paint

Was asked to make a outdoor sign. Will be using white oak. They wanted the letters painted black. Plan on usi g spar urethane to seal it. But not sure what type of paint would be best for the lettering and that is compaowitb the spar. Do I use regular outdoor paint then apply the spar?
  9. jaustin

Looking for 12/4 white oak

Need a couple pieces of dried 12/4 white oak 3-4" wide short as 15". Any suggestions where I may find some?
  10. jaustin

A bit of CNC play

I have the controller with the software to control it from onefinity, With my cnc mill I run it with mach3 and like their version alot better. I didn't want to go through building a controller for the Onefinity, hope one day they can make the changes to controll the speed.
  11. jaustin

A bit of CNC play

I went from carvewright to the onefinity. One thing I wish they would let you do is manually change the feed while running. Once it programed you can not change it while its running.
  12. jaustin

Bought a new CNC router.

I have mine for a year and sold a few things and gave stuff away. If anyone is interested in seeing a onefinity before buying one your more than welcome to come and check it out. I am not the best with all the designing software /technical stuff but i will help anyway i can.
  13. jaustin

Bought a new CNC router.

There are a few free programs like carbide create and easel. You can design most thinkgs in carbide create the above pictures where design using carbide create. There is usually facebook groups to help you with what ever cnc machine you get.
  14. jaustin

carvewright cnc

Carvewright is proprietary software. and just about everything you want to do you probably will have to buy additional software and You will have to buy it from them and it is not transferable. I had one and it can be picky to run. don't load the board right error, Cover not closed right...
  15. jaustin

rough oak for sale

whats the price for walnut?
  16. jaustin

Bought a new CNC router.

I was able to finally make a few things to be sold in Tobacco stores. cigar ash trays with slate inserts we got talking and asked about wood trays and these are what i came up with
  17. jaustin

Bought a new CNC router.

yest its the 1 1/4 router
  18. jaustin

Bought a new CNC router.

I had some of the settings off but here is how it turned out.
  19. jaustin

Bought a new CNC router.

Yes it gave a estimate and was off about 1hr. Yes it is the $100 router, it went out after the first 10 hours sent it in for warranty repair think it was a issue with the armature,Brushes wore out and so did the replacement brushes in less than 10 hrs. Think I have more on it now so hopefully...
  20. jaustin

Bought a new CNC router.

Have a live stream on YouTube of the Onefinity running doing a 24" Looney tunes Aztec calendar.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS