Search results

1. C

Blum Inset Door Hinge Options For Faceframes

Good Morning, I'm working on a commissioned bath vanity that calls for full inset Shaker-Style doors and drawers. On the door openings, the faceframe will leave a space between the edge of the opening and the carcass by a TBD distance- likely one inch. Options to solve this are: 1. Block...
  2. C

Mohawk Duracoat Pre Cat lacquer

Lays down beautiful with my Fuji 4-Stage. I used a tinted Mohawk pre cat many years ago on my kitchen. I can't remember if it was this sku. Finish sequence was two coats of white vinyl sealer and 2 top coats. It failed in high moisture areas so I'll never trust it in that type of...
  3. C

Finish sprayer upgrade?

I wrote a review on the Mini-Mite 4 a few years ago which should still be posted under "Reviews". It's a great system.
  4. C

rustic bookshelf built locally

Too far for me. But there's plenty of talent in this group. If anyone is interested, I'm sure they'll contact you for more info. Best of luck.
  5. C

rustic bookshelf built locally

Where are you located? What is your timeframe?
  6. C

European hinges

Your pic is a frameless cabinet and there are corresponding hinges made for that application along with various choices of overlay (measured in fractions of an inch). In a frameless application, your thickness of the sides are irrelevant. Also, there is an incredible amount of adjustments...
  7. C

Jorgensen Bench Vise From Adjustable Clamp Company Chicago $50 or OBO (SOLD)

Old school bench vise. Has the engaging sleeve as seen in the pic. I never constructed a bench heavy enough to support this. Modern version on the right from the Pony/Jorgensen website. Thanks for looking. Located in Davidson a few miles from the College
  8. C

1st Time Using Kem Aqua Plus

I thought it may be helpful to post my experience with this product. My customer asked me to construct a hall tree finished in white. No tints, shades or variations from a base white color necessary. After some research and lack of availability of Mohawk products, I figured KA+ Low Gloss...
  9. C

Need to purchase miter saw

I have a 10" Delta that I'm selling for $30. It's older but used only as a hobby saw. Sorry to say it's a bit heavy though. But it may be a cheap way to solve your needs. I Just bought a 12" so it's an extra. I'm located in Davidson, NC.
  10. C

Drum Sander Opinions

I'll PM you if I decide to sell it. Sorry, haven't been on the website for some time.
  11. C

Drum Sander Opinions

I have the Supermax 19-38. I haven't used it much but it's fantastic for cutting boards or other shorter length glue ups. Another project involved sanding about 40 poplar doors. The shorter ones leveled out nice. The longer ones that had even the slightest twist ended up catching for a...
  12. C

Trustworthy Measurement Tools

I purchased a set of three 6" Incra Precision Rules about 20 years ago. Probably my most trusted rulers for small/fine work. I've had several folks just getting into woodworking over the years and ask me what the first tools they should are. I always suggest accurate measuring tools (aside...
  13. C

9ft Tall Built-in Bookcase

I'm currently in the process of building a commissioned bookcase 11' wide by 8' tall. It's built in (4) 8' sections. As a few stated, build the bottom cabs as long (length) as you can and then build the top cases separate. I'd use plywood for the cases and shelves. Check the "Sagulator"...
  14. C

Target Coatings EM 6000 with Crosslinker Durability

Thanks, Jim. I did watch that video today and Jeff was very specific on how to mix. I like your feedback on the ease of spraying. That seems to be a common response. At least that problem would be solved.
  15. C

Target Coatings EM 6000 with Crosslinker Durability

Hey Guys, I'm refinishing a dining room table top as part of a larger commissioned project and looking to try a water-based alternative. I'd like to try the EM 6000 but my research has not really convinced me it's durable enough with the Crosslinker for a table top. Any experiences to share...
  16. C

Large Bookcase Commission Job- Is Glue Optional in a Dado?

Johnny, in the past I found shelves are usually adjusted once. I prefer and sold the engineering strength of the fixed shelves specifically for a load of books at 40lbs per foot. Given the customer knows their library, to determine heights was easy. Though I do like the idea of gluing up the...
  17. C

Hey Dave, I'm questioning what the glue adds. I don't disagree that it adds something.
  18. C

Hey Chris, thanks for your input. Here's my take with an analogy... Recently, I had perfect fitting mortise and tenon joints on a table I made, when it was dry-fitted. When glue was applied, I presume the expansion from the moisture swelled the mating joints with a fit so tight, I had to beat...
  19. C

Hey Guys, I've secured a contract for 11' of wall-to-wall faced frame bookcases that are 101" tall. These will be divided in (4) 8' sections that will sit on a ladder base approx 5" tall. No special breaks or pilasters will be incorporated as the customer has asked for function before style...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS