Search results

1. J

CNC FIRE!!!!

Wondering if making the CNC dust boot out of a clear material so you can see it getting clogged up would help.
  2. J

Drilling holes for drawer pulls

Forstner are best choice as they will cut a clean edge, flat bottom, with small center point. Spade bits do not generally make a clean edges, and the long center tip could create problems like punching to the front depending on the clearances you are trying to achieve - if the holes for the...
  3. J

Forum assistance

Found this article on php 7 to 8 incompatibilities: https://www.php.net/manual/en/migration80.incompatible.php
  4. J

Scraping a Textured Ceiling

My wife and I have done a couple of rooms using the same technique you used with one minor exceptIon. When scraping we hold a cardboard box cover under the scraper to catch the bulk of the material to cut down on the clean up a litttle. For our rooms the scraping was the easy part. The...
  5. J

Bowing Box Top End

Does the 1/4 in panel for the top float and is free to expand/contract within the frame?
  6. J

Laguna banjo and modular toolrest

Thanks everyone for the input - story has happy ending. I got a 2nd part from the vendor and it fits perfectly, so I think they just shipped the wrong part. The first was a 25MM post, while the Lagnua requires a 1in - turns out that 0.4 mm makes a big difference...
  7. J

Laguna banjo and modular toolrest

Purchased a modular tool rest for my Laguna 15|24 lathe. Was disappointed to find that the post didn't tighten up easily. The new post is (1in x 5in) is 0.016 in smaller in diameter than the original (0.9775 vs 0.9935). I was able to tighten it up with a little extra effort on the crank...
  8. J

Thoughts on a Basic face vise

I’m Interested.
  9. J

SketchUp Workshop Online

@Dave Richards I should have double checked before answering the poll, but I'm assuming that was 7:00 AM Eastern time? If it was really 7:00 PM, then I need to change my vote to 'both work'. Also I'm in the 'free user' version of sketch-up camp.
  10. J

Book stand

Thanks for sharing the story stick - I'd heard of them, but this may be the first time I've seen one.
  11. J

SketchUp Workshop Online

I’m Interested in online session.
  12. J

Where to buy and how to install stair newel and railing

When I had a handrail replaced, the contractor said it needed to be a continuous rail from top to bottom. I noticed in your pics it was two parts. If you end up replacing the rail, you may want to make sure it meets latest building code. Perhaps someone on the forum, can speak to the...
  13. J

crawlspace flooring

I had my crawl space fully encapsulated, also have the Sain-dry dehumidifier which has been running ok for 2 years, it uses hose and gravity to drain into sump. It’s clean and dry under the house. Difficult to find filters for it. HOWEVER, has a cat pee smell, varies in intensity, so...
  14. J

Thinking of getting a Laguna revo 1524

Apologies for the typo and confusion, James is correct I meant Teknatool - I‘ve made correction. Good luck with the shopping.
  15. J

Thinking of getting a Laguna revo 1524

I got the 1524 about 6 months ago and have been happy with it so far. I got the wheel kit, which seemed overpriced, but the machine is heavy and I’m happy I can move it around. I like the adjustable legs as well, not trivial to adjust, but you CAN adjust them. I’m in a garage workshop, so...
  16. J

Right place to buy hardwood flooring

I’ve been told the pre-finished floors have the chamfered edges to hide the small variations in height. Contrast that with the finish in place flooring where after the boards are nailed in, they are sanded so all the boards and the joints between them are uniform.
  17. J

I know how not to make picture frames...

I never mastered the technique, but worked ok the only time I tried it, The method uses a jig made from wood in the sled shaped similar to a baseball home plate that forms a 90 corner at the apex so you can cut both parts at the same time - that insures they are complementary. First rough...
  18. J

A New Box

Looks great!
  19. J

Why I turn...

Great story, good reminder to take time and do things you enjoy.
  20. J

Another little cherry table.....

Looks great. I had similar problems with a table top and water base poly. i sanded most of it off and then used a hand wiped oil based poly.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS