Search results

1. Learning & Turning

Learning & Turning

There's always something new to try...here's the evidence.
  2. CommGuy107

Shop help, trade for lessons,Wood,or tools

Wish I lived closer. I'd work for lessons...
  3. CommGuy107

New project...Bubinga Grand Auditorium acoustic

Nice job so far. Please keep us posted with progress pics. Dan
  4. CommGuy107

What equipment should I keep?

Well...you have the gamut of responses. Does it help? Sell your duplicates if you have to, but be careful not to get down the road a bit and turn around looking for a tool you used to have. They're tools. Not out of fashion Hawaiian shirts or something.
  5. CommGuy107

Help with Router Fence

Thanks, Dirk.
  6. CommGuy107

Help with Router Fence

Great idea, Mike. That's pretty much what people are selling material-wise. I just asked my son to pick some up for me - he's a metal fabricator out on a parts run at the moment.
  7. CommGuy107

One Year To Go For the Half Century Mark

Happy Anniversary! Thanks for being one of those couples that defies the odds and sticks with one another. Now in our 37th year, my wife and realize we are a bit of an anomaly. But we are a HAPPY anomaly.
  8. CommGuy107

Help with Router Fence

Well...that's certainly a simple and workable solution. Thanks, Joe!
  9. CommGuy107

Help with Router Fence

I have a simple Porter Cable Benchtop Router Table (698). Suits my needs most of the time, but I'd like something more stable and precise than its 2-piece fence and vacuum port. Can someone recommend a good aftermarket fence for a 20" (ish) table?
  10. CommGuy107

Anyone have a Supermax 25 Double Drum Sander

I guess I so rarely do pieces larger than 10" I never noticed. Now I'll have to try just to see.
  11. CommGuy107

Anyone have a Supermax 25 Double Drum Sander

I have a 10/20, and love it. Out of curiosity, why don't you want another open end model?
  12. CommGuy107

Rare Tool Gloat

Good for you...great score!
  13. CommGuy107

Hello from Ft Bragg/Fayetteville

Welcome, Tyler. I live on the edge of Ft. Bragg. I'm not much of a hand tool expert, but I have tools...and hands. Maybe we could hook up sometime.
  14. CommGuy107

Smithshop V or VII worth the price?

I've used a Shopsmith for the last 12 years or so. Like others have noted, the need to reconfigure for various functions is there. Whether a hindrance or not is debatable. For a few years I had two Shopsmiths after buying one from a neighbor whose failing eyesight made woodworking an unsafe...
  15. CommGuy107

Miters, Accuracy and Indulgence

After a good bit of research, collecting of opinions, and shopping the best deals, I settled on a miter guide for my table saw: The Osborne EB-3. A little spendy on the utility tool side, but it appears to be worth the accuracy for my needs. Of course, no sooner did I order the Osborne...
  16. CommGuy107

Tool Gloat

Nice! Congratulations.
  17. CommGuy107

Just a simple segmented pen

I just came back to look at this again...and finally caught the pick guard pieces as separators. I was so busy admiring the pen the first time, I guess I skimmed the reading portion. Very creative.
  18. CommGuy107

Some Times the Drill Bit Gets Stuck in Surgery, too (warning, may be disturbing)

I understand some of my post-op pain differently now.
  19. CommGuy107

New to NCWW from the Sandhills

Welcome, Pete! I just joined a few months ago, myself. Couldn't ask for a more helpful bunch of people.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors