Search results

1. mike_wood

SuperMax 19-38 for sale

Not mine. https://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/d/clayton-supermax-drum-sander-with-extras/7734812657.html
  2. mike_wood

Cherry Sale - Capital City Lumber

I rarely go to CCL as they seem to pricy for me but I needed a small amount of cherry to finish a project & was in Raleigh anyway. Surprised to find they had a sale on 4/4 s2s cherry for $3.75 bdft. Had plenty when I was there and what I saw looked good. Note this sale is only for 4/4 s2s.
  3. mike_wood

Stuck Table Saw Blade

I've been working on gardening for awhile so spent little time in the shop. Quit a little early yesterday went to my workshop to glue up some boards thinking it would take me 30 min or so. Have a thin kerf glue line blade on now. When I tried to take it off the nut would not budge. I've had this...
  4. mike_wood

How Do Sawmills Get On/Off List?

I need some cherry and didn't have time to drive to Gibsonville so started looking at sawmill list. There was one listed new Asbury that is no longer listed. Wondering what happened. There are two on the Deep River Road in Sanford. One had a phone number called but did not have what I wanted...
  5. mike_wood

Making Homemade Stain - Success & Failure

Never got around to making homemade stain but my friend brought me some walnuts so I decided to make stain with them. Worked great. I boiled them for about 10 min in 1 gal water (20 nuts) then let it steep for 30 min or so. Kept testing by dipping a piece of wood in it until I got the color I...
  6. mike_wood

Coloring Epoxy

I've been coloring epoxy for awhile and not really satisfied with what I have tried. All the mica is too glittery, Aluminite is great for black but most of their other colors are translucent so not always acceptable and their red is red-orange. Also really concentrated. The alcohol tints are ok...
  7. mike_wood

20" Grizzly Band Saw for Sale

I've had this band saw for ~8 yrs. Bought it from a fellow that did upholstery. He used it to cut foam pads for chairs, etc. I stopped using it sometime back and it is gathering dust in the corner. Runs fine and with proper set up will do a great job. I don't have a good pic as I have put...
  8. mike_wood

Shop Vacuum Recommendation

My vac I used for cleanup gave up this weekend so I need another. Wondering if anyone has one they particularly like. I do not want a Shop Vac brand as I have had two and I had trouble with the latches on both especially if I picked it up by the handle when loaded. What ever I get I want a 10'...
  9. mike_wood

Finishing Sycamore

I was given some QS sycamore and have started to work with it some. The QS has an interesting grain pattern I did not care for at first but after working with it some I have warmed to it. I wanted to start with a small project since I have never worked with it.. My wife wanted a candle holder...
  10. mike_wood

Carter Products Shipping Policy

I needed a thrust bearing bushing for my Carter BS. I removed whole assembly to clean and dropped the bushing and could not find it. So went to Carter to order replacement. $2.85 to replace. Shipping $20! I protested this as being far beyond what I thought was reasonable. Their response was for...
  11. mike_wood

Foredom Power Carver SR For Sale

I bought this carver several years ago thinking I would do some carving. Little did I know it takes actual talent to produce anything of any consequence. I am selling off anything I have not used in awhile and this is one. It has very few hours on it and literally like new. $290...
  12. mike_wood

Shark Guard for Sale

This is a 2 yr old Shark Guard for a left tilt Unisaw. My neighbor is moving & gave me an Excaliber over arm dust collection & I no longer need the SG. $250.
  13. mike_wood

Just Say No To Bruce Flooring

Finishing a flooring project using Bruce as that is what the previous owner used. To say it is complete crap is a complement. I've got a pile of completely unusable pieces that amounts to 1/3 of a box - chipped, split, etc. Much of it is wavy on top and some I had to take up as I did not notice...
  14. mike_wood

Shark Guard

I have the SG and frankly disappointed in it. Mine is hooked to a Supercell so dust collection is not a question. Because the plastic guard comes down at an angle dust and debris comes out the sides. Any soft wood or plywood generates quite a bit of dust/debris. I have to clean up quite a bit...
  15. mike_wood

Free Boards

Looks like worth checking out Not mine. https://raleigh.craigslist.org/zip/d/raleigh-rough-sawn-lumber/7583565784.html
  16. mike_wood

You Going Metric?

My wife asked me to make a new chest-of-drawers for her and while looking around the web for ideas I was struck by how many US woodworkers use metric or a combination. I was looking at a dresser and the plan was totally in metric. I've looked at youtube vids and found some WW's who are working...
  17. mike_wood

Free Dowels

4000 5/16” dowels. Not mine. https://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/d/durham-fluted-dowels-16-free-to-good/7554271280.html
  18. mike_wood

Unisaw for sale

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/d/raleigh-delta-x5-unisaw/7546466380.html Not mine
  19. mike_wood

Anyone tried this router bit?

Have not found a review. Wondering if anyone has tried it out...
  20. mike_wood

Shaper Origin + workstation

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/d/hillsborough-shaper-origin-cnc-router/7515922483.html Not mine.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors