Search results

1. ste6168

Brass Hardware

Hi all - Been a while since I have dropped in, just havent had much time to do any woodworking as of late, but plan to get back to it soon! I bought a marine services business this past year and have been working my butt off trying to learn and expanding the customer base... I came across this...
  2. ste6168

Wood Planer

Hi all - My planer died yesterday, of course, in the midst of a project with a relatively short timeline. Any close to Morehead City that would let me run a few small pieces of red oak though their planer? I am not proficient enough with hand planes to get this done. Thanks!
  3. ste6168

Recreating this finish

Anyone have any thoughts on how I can recreate/make my finish look this this? It is a grayish/brown color, piece of laminate/LVP flooring. I am thinking trying to white wash a piece of oak, then using a gray stain over that. Any thoughts/ideas? Edit- Added photo, not sure what happened the...
  4. ste6168

Largest Project To-Date... Built-In Desk

Just some WIP pictures of the largest project I have built, to date. After this, not sure I will want to do anything bigger. LOL. I will update pictures as the build progresses... Not necessarily the most technically difficult build, just very large pieces, which makes for an interesting...
  5. ste6168

Kitchen Prep Table

A couple weeks ago, I asked here for some help with this table design, for the lower shelf. I really wasn't fond of the notches the clients current table (freinds) had, and wanted to go a different route, but ended up going that way anyway. I put those stretchers closer to the back of the...
  6. ste6168

Lower Shelf (kitchen prep table)

Hi all - Seems like a stupid question, BUT, I know this is the place to get an answer. I am trying to figure out the most elegant way to add a lower shelf to a small kitchen prep table I am building for some friends. They are pretty set on their dimensions, I drew it up as follows, but the...
  7. ste6168

Easy Turning Ideas

Hi all - I bought a lathe, used, about a year and a half ago, simply because I got it for what I would consider a great price. I have no real lathe experience, have played with it a couple times, but haven't made anything yet. Can anyone offer some good ideas for things to turn, that are...
  8. ste6168

Bosch ROS65VC

Hi all- I have a gift card to Lowes, and have decided to get a good ROS, and settled with the ROS65VC by Bosch. Reviews are great across the board, for the most part. I am trying to decide on the 5" vs 6" size. They are pretty comparable in price, so thats a non-issue. The 6" discs are a bit...
  9. ste6168

Knocked one off the "honey-do" list...

Pantry in our kitchen was just 3 deep shelves, stuff seemed to "get lost" in the back, wanted some pull-outs instead. Used maple for the boxes, milled to 5/8" thick. 1/2" pre-finished ply used for the bottoms. Full-extension side-mount slides. Installed vertical rails (just 3/4" ply) inside...
  10. ste6168

Jet Spindle Sander Question

Anyone have a Jet spindle sander and a magnetic dial indicator? I got mine last year, and has always seemed to "bounce" a little, but I don't use it enough that I ever really thought much into it. I was sanding some drawer front with a handle/notch yesterday, and started wondering, does this...
  11. ste6168

Girl/Boy Scouts Woodworking

Hi all - I have been asked by my daughters GirlScout leader if I would be willing to help teach the girls a quick class in order to get their woodworking badge. Overall, it seems pretty straightforward with what they're supposed to learn. I was thinking about having them, rather than the...
  12. ste6168

Paw Print Inlay

Working on a small leash holder for the house, nothing special there just a piece of walnut with a dado and another small piece of walnut that fits in dado to make a small shelf. A few hooks under shelf.... BUT the highlight of the project is the paw print inlay I did. A few gaps around the...
  13. ste6168

Game Table (WIP)

Hi all - Have been working on this game table for my kids, our playroom upstairs, for a bit. This table went from initially being a simple build, with a plywood top, to much more in-depth, and I have been essentially building/designing on the fly. So, long story short, it is similar in nature...
  14. ste6168

Wedding Unity Puzzle

Some friends of ours recently got married (ok, so not THAT recently, just finally getting around to updating some projects) and asked if I could make a unity puzzle to be used in their ceremony. They wanted to include River, the child of the groom, in the unity portion of the ceremony, rather...
  15. ste6168

Quick Projects

A few quick, relatively simple projects I have completed recently. Sometimes these quick builds are great! Friend of mine wanted to build a lego/activity table for his son, asked for my help. Didn't want/need anything fancy due to the inevitable abuse a kid will put on it. Drew up a quick...
  16. ste6168

3x 4' LED Shop Lights

Hi all - I switched out the lighting in my shop, I have 3x 4' 5000k LED bars, I think they are rated 4500 lumen or something. Free to an NCWoodworker member, if you can use them! Must pickup at shop/house in Morehead City, NC. If no interest on here, I will list for sale for a couple bucks on...
  17. ste6168

Walnut?

Ignoring the distastefully added "live edge" - Is this walnut? All of the walnut I have seen, and worked with, is typically darker. Closer to what is just inside the sap wood on the edge. I have never worked with butternut, could it be that, instead? Thoughts?
  18. ste6168

Cruiser Skateboard Deck

Something a little bit different. I wen't to Lowes a few weeks ago, walking around I noticed a thin (~1/16") piece of ply under one of the stacks of maple veneered ply. I asked the lumber employee about it and he told me the stacks come in with that on the top and bottom to protect the sheets...
  19. ste6168

Simple Desktop

Hello all. I work from home, not woodworking, unfortunately. That said, I am currently (temporarily) using an Ikea desktop and some of their bolt on legs, my mom used to use this table as a craft table, it is pretty old. I need more desk space, but don't have time/not ready to build the...
  20. ste6168

Edge Banding

Can someone school me on edge-banding? I have never used it, any of it. I see the stuff at Lowes, about $7 a roll, and stuff online for much more... Is there a quality difference, or are you paying for convenience? I am building a really simple nightstand, out of mostly leftover materials...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS