Search results

1. ste6168

Shop Resolutions

My resolution is to actually work in the shop this year, started cleaning it up this past week. I am hoping to get back around to it, last year was slow for me, working two full time jobs, essentially.
  2. ste6168

Brass Hardware

Hi there - Sorry for the delay in response, was out of town for IBEX show in Tampa last week and was swamped getting caught up before I left. I have posted a couple pictures of the drawers below. They are not all "full" but there is a fair amount of hardware. I am honestly not sure what it is...
  3. ste6168

Brass Hardware

Hi all - Been a while since I have dropped in, just havent had much time to do any woodworking as of late, but plan to get back to it soon! I bought a marine services business this past year and have been working my butt off trying to learn and expanding the customer base... I came across this...
  4. ste6168

Wood Planer

Thanks for the reminder, never thought about going up there. Thought they where membership/classes only, didn't realize you could pay an hourly rate. Stopped by for a couple hours this morning, nice place ran by even nicer people. If it weren't 45min/hour away, I think that would be my...
  5. ste6168

Wood Planer

Hi all - My planer died yesterday, of course, in the midst of a project with a relatively short timeline. Any close to Morehead City that would let me run a few small pieces of red oak though their planer? I am not proficient enough with hand planes to get this done. Thanks!
  6. ste6168

Shop Ideas

I have my shop in the garage, but it doesn't double as a parking space. I am still getting my shop organized, but I try to keep all of the specific types of stuff together, and near where they will be used. Hand tools under or above the bench, clamps all together, sanders in one spot (happen...
  7. ste6168

Largest Project To-Date... Built-In Desk

Some final updates to this project, got it installed this weekend and all finished up. Client is very pleased with the results! Was a pain to build in a garage shop, being so large, but the end result came out well. Desktop is stained ash, she wanted it to match/compliment her floors
  8. ste6168

Recreating this finish

Should be fixed, thanks!
  9. ste6168

Recreating this finish

Anyone have any thoughts on how I can recreate/make my finish look this this? It is a grayish/brown color, piece of laminate/LVP flooring. I am thinking trying to white wash a piece of oak, then using a gray stain over that. Any thoughts/ideas? Edit- Added photo, not sure what happened the...
  10. ste6168

Looking for those super silky paint finishes

I recently started spraying, as well. Have only sprayed one real project (getting ready to do number 2), but I think the results came out pretty good. I purchased a Fuji SemiPro2 HVLP setup and sprayed Target Coatings EMTECH EM6500 WB product. The nice part about that product, since it is a...
  11. ste6168

Largest Project To-Date... Built-In Desk

Just some WIP pictures of the largest project I have built, to date. After this, not sure I will want to do anything bigger. LOL. I will update pictures as the build progresses... Not necessarily the most technically difficult build, just very large pieces, which makes for an interesting...
  12. ste6168

Kitchen Prep Table

Thanks Johnny. It’s a nice finish, IMO, just when you rub your hand down it, not smooth to touch. I think I am going to try and just hit it with some high grit paper, I think that’ll do the trick. Either way, far better than any paint I have applied with a brush! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. ste6168

Kitchen Prep Table

Well guys, I threw a makeshift spray shield (booth) together today so I could get this table painted and out of the shop. I ended up spraying the Target 6500, bright white, product out of the Fuji SemiPro 2 stage gun. I poured the lacquer directly into gun, no thinning whatsoever, using the...
  14. ste6168

Easy question for dust collection

I reuse the bags. When the bag gets full, I take it off, and transfer the sawdust in a 55gal black trash bag and toss it in the trash. I reuse the bags as long as possible, but they also seem to get a tear or a few holes after a while. I bought a 5pack of replacement bags on Amazon for like...
  15. ste6168

We are now a Shaper Origin Dealer at The Woodworking Source

I had one for a couple years, was one of the earlier adopters, but I just recently sold it. They are really interesting tools, extremely accurate with care. I had only used it a handful of times, and didn't feel like I was getting my moneys worth out of it, per-se, which is why I decided to...
  16. ste6168

Kitchen Prep Table

Oh man, completely forgot to address that question, lol. The bottom shelf is now 12.5" wide, so still not a whole ton wider, but it is what it is. I could have maybe squeezed another .5 inch with small inset in the legs, but truth be told, to do so, I would have had to cut another board...
  17. ste6168

Kitchen Prep Table

Thanks Jeff. I think I am going to spray the base with Targets EM6500 product, recommended earlier in the thread. I just called them and spoke with them, figure now is as good of a time as ever to learn. Will definitely do some cardboard practicing first. I will certainly post pictures once...
  18. ste6168

Kitchen Prep Table

Thanks Bruce. They are very pleased with the pictures of it, thus far. Table is headed up to MD once finished!
  19. ste6168

Kitchen Prep Table

Here is a pretty good example of what my typical finish looks like. I built this game table for my kids playroom a couple months ago. Top is finished as I described above, and base was simply painted with a roller, using this Krylon ColorMAXX product: Krylon ColorMAXX, Lowes
  20. ste6168

Kitchen Prep Table

Hi Jeff - The client is a friend, I am building this table for them for pennies. I am simply a hobby woodworker, most times I don't even consider building for others simply due to time constraints (work, kids, house upkeep, etc.). Presently, I am not working due to COVID and a temp furlough...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors