Search results

1. Douglas Robinson

Movable lathe dust hood

Thought I would post some pictures of the lathe dust hood I am working on the arm is a flat monitor arm. I got the idea on YouTube
  2. Douglas Robinson

Thanks for recommendation Bas!

I installed LED lights recommended by Bas. But he also recommended Wifi remote switches for them and they are terrific. Much appreciation. I will never go back to flourescents again.
  3. Douglas Robinson

Bandsaw tensioning

I have always been bad at tensioning a bandsaw. I worked at applying tension in various ways and at adjusting the blade guys but always suffered drift. I just learned that the position of the blade on the wheel is critical. You need to line up the deepest part of the gullet with the center of...
  4. Douglas Robinson

New shop wall cabinets

More progress on the new basement shop. I built two wall cabinets over my bench. This is not fine woodworking, but I do not have to worry about damaging them. I fixed the wiring on my cyclone and have begun figuring out the duct layout.
  5. Douglas Robinson

Northeastern Woodworkers Association Showcase

I voluntered at the Showcase in Saratoga Springs, NY this weekend. I took a few pictures. One of the turnings reminded me of Charlie.
  6. Douglas Robinson

Thoughts on old New Yankee Workshop episodes

Since they posted New Yankee Workshop episodes on Youtube I decided to revisit them. Some have aged well, others not so much with regard to utility. As far as demonstrating technique and construction most are useful. However, technology has changed our lives and rendering some obsolete. For...
  7. Douglas Robinson

Table saw extension

I own a Powermatic 2000 table saw. I have used an Incra LS-TS fence system on it for years. Due to space limitations I had my router table in the extension table. Now that I have more room, I am going to a separate router table configuration and will use parts of the Incra system there. I...
  8. Douglas Robinson

First project in new shop

Until yesterday the only woodworking I have done in my new shop was the actual construction of the shop. The house has an in-house music system (which we do nt yet know how to work). The equipment is on shelves near the electrical panel in my shop. I am concerned that the dust will negatively...
  9. Douglas Robinson

Eyebolts to hang a Jet AFS-1000B Air Filter

Does anyone know what size eyebolt is needed to hang this air filter?
  10. Douglas Robinson

My Cedar Stash!

So I had to take down the fence in my backyard since the previous owner did not get it approved. (No big deal as we have no need of a fence). Well except for the fence posts which are pressure treated 4 x4's, It is all cedar. Lots of Adirondack furniture coming from this!
  11. Douglas Robinson

Officially a New York homeowner

We closed on our new home Tuesday! the house is about 2,000 square feet. I get a large part of the basement for my shop. I estimate between 1,100 and 1,000 square feet. There is a set of Bilco doors to bring tools and wood in and out. Our stuff is being delivered 11/8 and 9. I hope to build...
  12. Douglas Robinson

Just joined a Woodworking group here in Upstate NY

While I do not yet have a house and therefor a shop, I do miss this community. However, I found the Northeastern Woodworkers Association and visited them last night. It has similarities to NCWW, but is very different at the same time. Membership cost $60/annually. Their physical presence is...
  13. Douglas Robinson

Site of my new shop

Hi everyone! So we found a house in Malta , NY. and I am going to have a basement shop. All the tools will come through Bilco doors. Here is a photo. Probably will not be in until November some time.
  14. Douglas Robinson

Finally left NC

We finally sold our house and I drove away on Friday. I am now renting an apartment in Upstate NY while we begin looking for a house. So if I am to do any woodworking it will have to be at the shop on the school campus. Here are some sad photos of the last gasps of my shop in Raleigh:
  15. Douglas Robinson

Packing Up Shop

So next week the moving trucks are showing up. I have been packing up the shop but it is difficult. After years stuff expands and fills every nook and cranny! I Have filled about 20 boxes, I took down my duct work, but still have to: Dismantle the Cyclone DC Dismantle my workbench Dismantle my...
  16. Douglas Robinson

Goodbye - sort of

I moved to North Carolina in 2005 from Virginia due to a job change. I had visited a number of woodworking websites before arriving, such as Beaver Creek. I joined NCWW at it's early stages, and at Steve Coles request became an active member sitting on the first Board he created to ensure the...
  17. Douglas Robinson

Vintage Planes

A woman came to Klingspor in Cary wanting to sell her late husband's hand planes. I AM NOT INVOLVED with this! Please contact her directly if interested. The planes are Stanley/Bailey #2, #3 (3), #4 (4), #5, #5 1/2, #6, #7, #8, #10 1/2. Sargent VBM 22" Small wod planes with Wachambers burned in...
  18. Douglas Robinson

Touchwood Studio Open house 5/27/23

I plan to hold an open house at Touchwood's studio this coming Saturday 5/27. If you are interested in the remaining big equipment ring a truck or trailer, e.g. the Delta Unisaw, Delta bandsaw, Delta 8" Jointer, etc. Still lots of tools left. Also will be selling Don's wood. FWIW he had a great...
  19. Douglas Robinson

Picnic tool sale

I will be bringing a lot of Touchwood's smaller tools to the picnic. This includes random orbital sanders, routers, clamps, router bits, sand paper, etc. All will be reasonably priced. If you think you might be interested bring cash. 😁.
  20. Douglas Robinson

Picnic tool sale and later open house

I will be bringing smaller tools from Touchwood's shop to the picnic. This will hopefully include hand-held power tools, clamps, turning tools, drill bits, router bits, sand paper, etc. I also have a few of my own items, like a bench vice and storage bins. After the picnic, I hope to have an...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS