Search results

1. L

Hinge & Hole borers & Edge Bander

I haven’t been on the site for a while, so I was unable to post this in the for sale section by me. My employer is selling a few of his machines to make room in the shop. If anyone is interested I’ll send his number, as the prices will be negotiable. The machines are located in Wilmington NC...
  2. L

Making Bridge City Chopstick blanks

Hey so Mike, Honestly I’m with you on that. I sell my blanks a little cheaper that Bridge city too. When I started making the blanks I did not own one of them. In fact the only reason I got into making these is because I met the Bridge City guys at the Klingspor woodworking show.
  3. L

Making Bridge City Chopstick blanks

Hey everyone, I make chopstick blanks for the Bridge City Chopstick Master , and other chopstick making jigs. I put a video together of me doing 2100 sticks showing how I do it. I thought people may enjoy.
  4. L

Jessem Stainless steel dowel jig Comparison Video

Your welcome. What you have said is right on.
  5. L

Jessem Stainless steel dowel jig Comparison Video

Hey if anyone is looking at buying a Jessem Dowel Jig, or maybe want to buy the 1/4 or 1/2 plates for their existing one may want to look at this video I made. I bought the new dowel jig to change sizes and I show the nuances between the two that Jessem may not share. It may be very helpful to...
  6. L

Solid Gold Transfer Leaf

Friend I did tell that wrong, it had been a while since I ordered it. It is 23k red gold transfer leaf. I live out in Maysville, but If your out in the mountains it’s not totally out of the question for me to go to Raleigh.
  7. L

Solid Gold Transfer Leaf

Hey I’ve got 3 books of 24 Gold leaf 3x3 25 sheets each, and a partial packet, in which I think 10 sheets are left. They are about 60 bucks to buy these, I’m willing to give a deal for 50 bucks per pack if anyone is interested.
  8. L

My project video NES Coffee table

I just uploaded this today on YouTube. I thought that not only veteran woodworkers would enjoy it, but it may get a young person into woodworking. Please share it.
  9. L

I’m in Wilmington NC need an engraving job done with CNC router

Hey everybody, Im in need of a CNC router to do an engraving job that should take an hour of shop time if that. Ive got a plaque that is roughly 40x26 in sapele, and I will be gilding the engraving with gold. I do have vcarve pro,just let me know what post processing script would need to be...
  10. L

Bridge City Walnut Chopstick Master Blanks

Hey everybody, I made some Walnut Blanks that will work in a Bridge City Chopstick Master. I have them listed on ebay for those that may want them shipped. I'm out in Wilmington NC, if anyone local would like to buy some. I've got 37 sets of 20, and I'm asking for $20 dollars a set. If you...
  11. L

Cutting Stair Tread Returns in Vcarve Pro

Hey I made a video going over how to cut returns with Vcarve pro. It will give you the basic idea of what you need to do. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.
  12. L

Puzzle Piece floor design tutorial

Hey everybody. I just decided to make a video showing someone how to do a puzzle piece floor in Vcarve pro. I figured I share it with those in the forum, as it may be of help to people here.
  13. L

I’m looking for a used power feeder

Anyone got one they would be willing to part ways with? I’d like to put in 100-200 dollars for one. I’m in the Wilmington area.
  14. L

Suitability of Oak & poplar for end grain cutting boards?

Well I've been involved in the production of maybe well over 5000 cutting boards that have white oak in them. It will work, grain raising and splits are the worst in it tho.
  15. L

Final Post - My attempt at a Maloof style rocker

Looks outstanding. Very well done.
  16. L

Routing advice

I'd definately suggest filling this with epoxy. Haven't thought about making wooden ashtrays before. Thank you for the great idea.
  17. L

Help identifying species

1. is walnut 2. Without a shadow of a doubt that's sycamore. 3 & 4, my first guess would be red oak, white oak maybe, but I'd have to see the end grain.
  18. L

Sticker Stain in Oak

I was involved in a project planing about 15,000 brd ft of sapele once. The stuff was 8/4 sapele , and it had real bad sticker stain, planed it to 1.5, most of it still had sticker stain. Hopefully once you get to your desired thickness it will be gone. While it's a thought, you might be...
  19. L

What kind of wood is this?

Looks Like cherry to me as well.
  20. L

WTB Veritas Scraper Plane Converter Kit for Stanley no 5

I've heard good things and bad things about this tool. I'm hoping some one bought one of these and didn't like it could give me a deal on it. http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=32635&cat=1,310 I never thought I would have a need for a scraper plane, but now that I'm a pro woodworker...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS