Search results

1. adowden

Dark Wood Suggestions

I have a box of some African Blackwood scraps that I used years ago for handles for a project. I can check and see if I have a piece that size.
  2. Entertainment Center

Entertainment Center

3. Changing Table

Changing Table

4. Rocking Horse

Rocking Horse

5. adowden

Need help getting vanity to Macon, GA

I listed a Barbie Island Princess Vanity on Craigslist yesterday. This morning a person called from Macon, GA interested in purchasing it. It is fully assembled and shipping would be too difficult. I was wondering if anyone was planning a trip near Macon, GA and would be willing to bring it to...
  6. adowden

Craftsman 15" 1/2 HP Drill Press in Hickory NC (1 left) $291.88

I forgot to mention there are 3 of these at Greenbrier Mall in Chesapeake, VA and 2 at Newmarket Fair Mall in Newport News, VA.
  7. adowden

Spray Shellac under clear exterior paint?

I am not a finishing expert, but I would think as long as you use dewaxed shellac, you would be fine. You can get Zinsser Seal Coat at the BORGs. I got mine at Lowes HI. It is a 2 lb. cut and dries relatively fast. Good luck! Amy
  8. adowden

Craftsman 15" 1/2 HP Drill Press in Hickory NC (1 left) $291.88

I was looking through Sears tool clearance and found this. It is a 15" Craftsman Floorstanding Drill Press (22900) for $291.88 at Valley Hills Mall in Hickory, NC. It is regularly priced at 449.99. If you buy online and use code JULY20 you get an additional $20 off $200 purchase (I think). The...
  9. adowden

I sincerely apologize to all of our members

I'm so sorry you couldn't go. I was hoping things would work out for me to go, but with two kids 8 & 11, this time of year is crazy. They are both having sleepovers tonight. I hope everyone that goes has a wonderful time! I hope you feel better soon. Amy
  10. adowden

Thu-Sat, 4 bargain books for $10, lots of woodworking books

Thanks so much for the post! I couldn't believe they had a Tage Frid book listed. I have all three in his set, but they are great! I did get several other books. Thanks again! Amy
  11. adowden

About to do some paint testing....

On the Train Bed I just made, I used Valspar Premium for the blue and Valspar Signature for the red. I hated the Valspar Premium because it had bubbles all in it. When I cleaned out the brushes, it was bubbly and soapy. The Valspar Signature did fine. I think I am going back to Behr paints. I...
  12. Saw Blade

Saw Blade

13. Saw Blade

Saw Blade

14. blade-small

blade-small

15. delta-bandsaw-small

delta-bandsaw-small

16. front-under-small

front-under-small

17. back-small

back-small

18. adowden

Train Bed - Just completed

This is a train bed that I made for my best friend in High School's son. It took about 60 hours to build and finish. It was a fun project to design and build. Here is the SketchUp file I designed. Here is the front view of the finished bed. Here is the side view of the bed. I used my...
  19. Train bed - Sketchup design

Train bed - Sketchup design

This is the Sketchup file of the train bed that I designed
  20. Train bed - front

Train bed - front

This is a train bed that I made for a good friend's three year old son. It was fun to build!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS