Search results

1. wolfsburged

Building new bench - soliciting feedback on top cutouts

I'm in the middle of a shop re-organization and workbench build. Long story short - I'm working out of a basement that was once a crawlspace, so I have some odd features to work around - namely that the ground level steps up a few times based on where someone decided to stop digging and poured...
  2. wolfsburged

GE THQP thin breakers (SOLD)

I bought these a few years ago during a planned electrical buildout of my shop. However after more recently completing the project and adding circuits I realized that my subpanel doesn't accept these half-size breakers at all (20 slot, 20 max circuit panel). Too long since purchase to return...
  3. wolfsburged

Thein separator and dust collector leftovers

I have recently upgraded my dust collector setup and upsized my main trunk lines. I have a handful of misc. leftovers I'm looking to part with to free up space. I have a home built "Thein" separator built out of a 31 gallon galvanized trash can, with 4" PVC inlet/outlet. Worked quite well. I'd...
  4. wolfsburged

Free garage door & tracks 8'x8' - Cary (GONE)

I am taking down one of my garage doors soon as I wall in the opening. The opening is 8' x 8'. The door is a multi-panel white design with no windows. No opener. You can have everything related - tracks, spring, door, etc. Perhaps someone is in the process of building a shop and could use it? I...
  5. wolfsburged

WTB: Stand for Rockwell/Delta 6x48 Sander

I am wrapping up a restoration project of a Rockwell/Delta 6x48 sander. However I do not have a stand for it. My preference would be to find an original 4-leg welded steel factory stand for this, but would be open to sheet metal stand or other sturdy options. The closer to Cary, NC the better...
  6. wolfsburged

Porch Wooden Stair Stringers

I rebuilt my front porch and steps about 8 years ago. For the stair stringers I purchased pre-cut treated outdoor stair stringers from Lowes thinking that they would be the best option to retain the pressure treatment throughout. Now fast forward to today and multiple sections of stringers have...
  7. wolfsburged

Concrete Floor Leveling?

Finally got some of my basement water issues corrected! Between some gutter rework and a proper drain/sump setup I am dry despite the torrential rain these past few days. The sump pump was running a few times an hour the last few days. I normally would have been down there with the Shop Vac...
  8. wolfsburged

FS: Super Tuned Vintage Craftsman 113.27520 Table Saw - Cary, NC

I have a early 1950s era Craftsman 113.27520 10" contractor table saw which I am looking to pass along to it's next caretaker. This saw has been in the family for some time and I have gone through it to restore and super-tune it. It looks and runs amazingly and I would say short of a cabinet saw...
  9. wolfsburged

Brand new SawStop Contractor Saw + 36" T-Glide Fence - Cary, NC - SOLD

Cross posting on the NCWW FB page. Anyone interested in a brand new SawStop contractor saw with the 36" T-Glide fence? I'm in Cary, NC. Long story short I have decided that I really want the Professional Cabinet Saw and need to either sell or return this one to do so. I know these are hard to...
  10. wolfsburged

How to fix this gutter? Basement flooding

I've been battling this problem for awhile with limited success. The past week or so with the daily rains have meant that every day I am shop vac'ing water out of my basement wood shop. Filling the vacuum 1-2 times each day. I believe that the root cause of the water in the basement (as well...
  11. wolfsburged

4x8 sheet size CNC near RDU?

I'm interested in building a new set of work benches based around the Paulk bench / MFT style with a lot of precision holes on the top. Looking at various jigs and such to do it myself, but figured I would see if there is anyone nearby or reasonably priced options to get a full sheet CNC'd with...
  12. wolfsburged

Jig saws, router, Delta tool stand, air filter/regulator

A few misc. things kicking about that I either have multiples of, or no longer need: Black and Decker 1-1/4HP Quantum plunge router Black and Decker 3.5A adjustable speed jig saw Craftsman single speed jig saw All in working condition. Price is $40 for the lot above, picked up in Cary. Or...
  13. wolfsburged

Ridgid EB4424 Sander

Ridgid oscillating edge/belt spindle sander. Older model, well used, but functional. Works as intended. No belts included. These are $250 new. Just don't find myself using this much with other sanders and tools in the shop. Could use the space for something else. Looking for $125 picked up in...
  14. wolfsburged

Vintage Craftsman Drill Press 1940s

Very nice original condition Craftsman 103.23100 drill press. Circa approximately 1946. Original motor, paint, and belt included. Works great, return spring needs assistance. Will include link belt as well as original vbelt. No marks on table. I purchased this from another NC Woodworker forum...
  15. wolfsburged

Help build nest boxes - wildlife rescue outreach?

Hello everyone, I am involved with an animal rescue group located in Stokes County called Noah's Ark Wildlife Center. They have been assisting with some relief efforts for Wilmington area wildlife rehabbers who lost their homes and ability to care for animals due to Hurricane Florence. They made...
  16. wolfsburged

Need advice on transporting bandsaw and drill press

Well I find myself in a bit of a predicament. I tossed out an offer a few weeks ago on some equipment in Charlotte on a private auction and never heard back; figured I'd lost. Got contacted today saying that I won both items. A 14" Rockwell wood/metal band saw and a floor mount drill press...
  17. wolfsburged

Recommend me a table saw blade

I'm looking to replace the generic 10" blade that was on my saw when I got it with something decent. I have an old Craftsman 113.27520 table saw, circa 1956. It has a 1 HP motor. I would like a general purpose blade for now. I hear good things about the Forrest Wood Worker II. Not sure if I...
  18. wolfsburged

Local source for a 3/8 link belt?

I'm thinking of swapping my old v-belt to a link belt on my table saw to reduce vibration. I need a 3/8 belt. I see Harbor Freight sells a 1/2" link belt locally. I searched on Woodcraft's web site and also only see 1/2". Klingspor's website shows nothing. I will try calling around tomorrow but...
  19. wolfsburged

Looking for a vintage drill press

Anyone have one gathering dust somewhere? I do a mix of metal and wood working, so would prefer something with three pulleys/ 12-16 speed and decent HP motor. Old Delta/Rockwell/Craftsman/etc USA made. Would prefer floor mount. I'm ok with something that needs a little loving, needs a motor, or...
  20. wolfsburged

My first attempt at Dust Collection

This is still a work in progress, but here goes: Got this "2" HP Harbor Freight dust collector for Christmas. Decided I wanted to do something about the dust down in my basement workshop. Not much in the way of ventilation down there except one exterior door. Read up on the dust collection...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS