Search results

1. BKHam

Dewalt Plunge Router DW616 complaints

The spring action in the plunge is so strong that the locking mechanism will sometimes un-engage and come flying back up. I've eaten into several templates this way. Its also just alarming to have this thing lunge out of the plunge back at you while still cutting. I sold all my old porter...
  2. BKHam

Scroll saw $50 (SOLD)

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/d/wake-forest-scroll-saw-hand-plane/7696371209.html plane was sold. Scroll saw still available.
  3. BKHam

Haven't posted in a while: new project - small wall cabinet

I have a small unfinished wall cabinet in pine my master bathroom that no one sees. It was a experimental in a couple ways: >it was my first attempt at mitered dovetails (maybe my only attempt come to think of it) >I created a veneered back panel which i thought was very clean >it was pine, i...
  4. BKHam

Glue Clean Up - Inside Corners

there are a few things about this craft that I hate and cleaning up glue or even if i do a good job cleaning up the glue, water stains or just a darkening about joints in hard to deal with. -Yes pre-finishing would help but not always an option and plus its annoying. i had an idea. i was going...
  5. BKHam

Woodtek Edge Sander $200 (Sold)

the belt is 6 x 89 inches. Besides the machine, what is included: >I have 3 grits of sandpaper that are all in decent shape, not burnt up or caked up. >I cut open the base to create storage. >I added a homemade dust shroud. I still have the manufactured one as well. That one covers the drive...
  6. BKHam

Homemade Mortiser - $150

I'm selling this homemade machine which works excellent. I may have splurged on a multirouter from a fellow member. -router not included - any router with a fixed base can be attached -match fit clamps not included - you will need to buy some to use the dovetail top -the machine still works...
  7. BKHam

Work In Progress: Walnut Trestle Table

i bought most of the wood for this project from a guy in hillsborough who sells walnut slabs, he usually has a CL post up. Its not a commercial operation so the boards reflect this, a little bit knotty. when i bought these maybe 8 years ago, i was just happy to find cheap walnut. however, my eye...
  8. BKHam

WTB: letter carving tools

I'm looking to buy a couple gouges. A small fishtail with a small sweep, maybe #3. A larger gouge , maybe a #5 or #7.
  9. BKHam

narrow spokeshave blade sharpener

it seems like i'm not the only one that stares at the narrow spokeshave blades that come in a Caleb James shave or the "make your own" kits by various outlets. if there is No microbevel, then i can make do setting the blade on the bevel and use the elbow grease to sharpen. not the most fun...
  10. BKHam

Ash Veneer Office Cabinet

overall idea: I have made some pretty standard cabinets for my wife's office (plywood, face frame, drawer slides, etc.) as practical storage once her job shifted home-based at the beginning of the pandemic. It was meant to be quick and practical. for my office however, I was not interested...
  11. BKHam

Picture dump - projects from the last few months

my latest project is a box i use to put my sunglasses, wallet and keys. i call it a key caddy. It is edge banded ply with commercial walnut veneer. -joinery: basically butt joints with small 1/8 floating tenons for registration. -i found a curly piece of walnut in my stack for the edge banding...
  12. BKHam

Resawing Observations

I've been using the Lennox Bimetal blade sold by Woodcraft bands, now Union Saw, for years. Typically i'm getting a 1/2 inch blade with 3 TPI. Its a quite large kerf for a bandsaw blade but would last quite a long time. Being a 1/2 inch blade meant I could still do a lot of the everyday bandsaw...
  13. BKHam

Sanding Chamfers

I made this little tool for sanding chamfers. I really want to keep them crisp. as you can see, its a 45 degree piece glued down to a flat scrap. I glued a piece of each side so i can use two different sand paper grits. I am a huge fan of the porter cable self adhesive sand paper (no paper...
  14. BKHam

Wanted: oscillating spindle sander with cast iron top

i have a bench top entry level model, looking to upgrade. i'm still open to bench top but looking for something a little more heavy duty.
  15. BKHam

Unibond One

i do quite a bit of veneering and if i use commercial veneer or thinly cut homemade veneer (maybe trying to stretch materials or my bandsaw wasn't tuned), i've been getting wrinkling in my veneer. i beleive the other aspect is the amount of glue i'm using. i think that hydraulic pressure...
  16. BKHam

new project: luggage rack

you guys typically like the simplest projects i post about so here goes. 8 pieces of wood and 2 furniture bolts. note - my seamstress hasn't created the real fabric straps, so i'm using some woven belts to demonstrate. Wood: Sapele - a single board leftover from something else, all pieces...
  17. BKHam

Why can't you buy / why don't they make.....

Vertical Belt sanders wider than 6 inches? I've had a 12 inch disc sander which functions much the same but effectively is only 6 inches wide, when using in combo with the table. the circular motion has its disadvantages at times. I have an edge sander, also 6 inches wide. in general this...
  18. BKHam

Teak Double Frame

I had a two large teak boards, one of which i made into a teak jewelry box which i've posted on here. the second, i've cut the rift sawn edges off the board and made some frames. i think they turned out pretty well. the middle part of the frame is birdsmouthed (new word?) into the long...
  19. BKHam

WIP: Mid Century Modern Cabinet

Wood is QS WO from our friends at We specialize in Quarter and Rift sawn Oak Lumber, including wide boards! We ship nationwide. - Quartersawnoak.com in New Hill. I cut the long miters on the case with my tracksaw (Makita cordless). quick comment on that: its tough to get it set perfectly at...
  20. BKHam

entry level finish sprayer

The brand is Campbell Hausfeld. its very similar to a 1 stage unit made by rockler and harbor freight. It comes with 3 needle / nozzle combos which is nice for a entry level unit. The gun is a combo of metal and hard plastic and is decent. if you spray lacquer and water based poly, this will...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS