Search results

1. Sam Knight

Thin plywood sources

Hello all, Looking for sources to purchase some 1/8” plywood for laser and scroll saw projects. Last batch of boards I got were from Woodcraft when they were running a sale. They were 12x12”. I have the ability to break larger sheets down as well. Where do you get yours from? Also could use...
  2. Sam Knight

Router table added to table saw wing

Hello all, Just wanted to share a recent project. Added a Bosch router table top to the wing of my Ridgid table saw. Fits like it was made to go there. This project was wanted mainly to free up space in my small shop. Table saw is a Ridgid TS350 and router is Bosch RA1181.
  3. Sam Knight

Found a good deal on clamps

I was in my local Lowes Friday looking at sanding belts and as usual I walked over to see if any clamps were on sale. Usually when I buy mine. They had a 4 pack of Jorgensen clamps, (2) 6” and (2) 12”, incorrectly marked down from $29.98 to $7.47. I asked the associate if this price was correct...
  4. Sam Knight

Bosch Benchtop Router Table

Hello all, I have a small garage workshop that is getting cramped for space. To free up some space I want to add a router table to my tablesaw wing. I have been researching (Youtube) ideas and the Bosch Benchtop Router Table fits almost perfectly in my Ridgid TS3650 tablesaw. I am looking for...
  5. Sam Knight

Looking for 48” T8 shop lights

Hi all. I know a lot of woodworkers have been upgrading their shop lighting to LEDs. I’m looking for someone willing to part with 3 to 4 48” T8 shop light fixtures. No tubes needed. I bought some grow light tubes and want to make a plant grow rack. Let me know if you can help. Thanks, Sam
  6. Sam Knight

Track saw recommendations

I'm looking into purchasing a track saw. I normally do woodturning so not much flat work in my shop but the wife wants a built-in wall cabinet in the bedroom so I'm thinking maybe here's an opportunity to purchase another tool. lol. Anyways, I'm not ready to drop the dough to purchase a Festool...
  7. Sam Knight

Shop Fox W1758

I have a wood lathe for sale. Shop Fox W1758. 2 hp variable motor. 16”x46” capacity. Heavy duty build, weighs 300lbs with stand. Runs great! Lists new for over $900, asking $300. Any questions text me at 336-583-5262 and I’ll get back to ASAP. Thanks!
  8. Sam Knight

John C Campbell Folk School

Headed out to John C Campbell Folk School tomorrow for a week long class. The class is Hewing and carving for spoons and bowls taught by Rodney Hopkins. I've been looking forward to this class for a while now. I've never been to the folk school. Has anyone on here been that would like to give me...
  9. Sam Knight

Hand plane restoration

I just finished restoring my first hand plane. It’s a Stanley Bailey 5 1/4 hand plane with April 1910 date. Man that was cool to do. Loved the whole process and finally watching it take thin shavings. Ready for my next one. Lol
  10. Sam Knight

Anyone build this vise or one similar?

I want to add a moxon style type of vise to my workbench to securing wood for cutting dovetails or hand planing stock. I don't really have the funds to buy the expensive benchcrafted moxon vise kit so turned to youtube. :) Jay Bates has several different versions of his bar clamp twin screw...
  11. Sam Knight

2nd Place prize-John C Campbell Folk School

Wow! Mike Mathews called Saturday to tell me I won a prize at the picnic raffle. Believe it or not, when I was purchasing my tickets and looking at the prizes that were to be raffled off, the John C Campbell Folk School prize was #1 on my list. Last year the prize recipient put it up for sale...
  12. Sam Knight

Drawknife recommendations

Hello all, I've recently started some greenwood spoon carving. Plan on building a shaving horse/ spoon mule soon and wanted to ask advice on buying a drawknife. I have been watching ebay wanting to just buy a vintage drawknife but not sure which to get. Which brand, straight or curved, length or...
  13. Sam Knight

Rockwell Jawhorse on sale

Great deal on this Rockwell Jawhorse at Lowes yesterday if anyone is looking for one. Normal price $120 marked down to $85 then again to $67. The Roxboro Lowe's had about 4 more in stock yesterday. I got mine! April Wilkerson swears by her Triton Superjaws which is very similar to this one...
  14. Sam Knight

Workshop suggestion

I believe Santa is bringing me some carving knives for Christmas. Yea! Was hoping someone would like to set up some carving classes in the near future. I'm interested in spoon, chip and relief carving. Any others interested in some carving classes?
  15. Sam Knight

Recent turnings

Here are some of my more recent turnings. 1st pic-Cedar end grain bowl 2nd pic-Pecan lidded bowl 3rd-Bowl from limb section of unknown wood (Oak maybe?) 4th-Pecan bowl 5th-Sea Urchin christmas ornament 6th- pair of maple bowls
  16. Sam Knight

Pecan lidded bowl

This was an Anniversary gift I made for the wife. She loved it. Spalted pecan with mating lid made from 1 piece.
  17. Sam Knight

Blacksmith tools and general info

Hello everyone, I have been woodworking for a little while now and have always had an itch to try some forging, specifically bladesmithing (although I would guess I'd need to start with some basic forging processes before moving on to knife making?). I want to see if anyone on here has a forge...
  18. Sam Knight

Bifocal safety glasses in the shop

I am at that age (47) that I must use glasses to see precision details in the shop. This is especially true when trying to cutting dovetails and such. I have a pair of bifocal safety glasses that I wear most often but find that the small magnifying section on the bottom of the glasses makes it...
  19. Sam Knight

Jet 1642 lathe on sale for 92% off at Amazon?

Ok, so I came across this listing on Amazon for a Jet 1642EVS-2 2HP 230 volt 1 phase lathe for $254 plus $232.50 shipping. That is 92% off the original list price of $3140! How can this be? Sounds very fishy to me. I know that this lathe had some speed control issues but at that price it could...
  20. Sam Knight

What kind of mallet for cutting dovetails do you use?

I'm looking to make a mallet to use when cutting dovetails or mortises but am unsure which type works better. Maybe it is more of a personal preference but I thought I'd ask. I do have a lathe so turning a maple one was my initial thought. The square head dead-blow type was another one I was...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS