Search results

1. timsparents

Recommendations on scroll saws?

Hi - For physical reasons, from now on I'll be doing far fewer large commissions, and am going to concentrate on doing a lot more marquetry. Currently I have a DeWalt DW788 (20", 13Amp) which I've used for five or six years for the marquetry that I have incorporated into pieces of furniture. I...
  2. timsparents

My "absence"

Dear fellow woodworkers - A few of you may have noticed that I have not posted anything on the site for about a month. I had surgery (for my ongoing back issues) early in January and am just now getting back into the swing of things. Hope to return to my shop for a short time this week, and to...
  3. timsparents

Charlotte Woodworkers Mtg, Tues 11/21

Hi everyone - Just wanted to let you know that Phil Ashley has asked me to be the speaker at the Charlotte Woodworkers Meeting, next Tues, Nov 21, at 6:30 PM. Held at the Well of Hope Lutheran Church, 6400 Old Reid Rd in Charlotte (near Southpark.) We decided that it might be an interesting...
  4. timsparents

in addition to dbl sided tape...

As a brief add-on to my comments about double sided tape, I'd like to share that there are times that a simple hot glue gun is useful for temporarily holding pieces together for marking, lining up holes, etc. As well, I use spray adhesive when attaching a drawing of a shape (either hand drawn...
  5. timsparents

Double sided (carpet) tape

Just thought I'd throw my first tip in because when I logged on this AM I got a message reminding me that I hadn't contributed to a forum in two weeks and gently nudging me to do so! I liked the reminder. For those of you who haven't yet discovered it, double sided tape is one of the handiest...
  6. timsparents

new member from Waxhaw, near Charlotte

I'd like to introduce myself - my name is Roger Goldman and I am a long time lover of working with wood. I first knew this in the fourth grade, back in 1956, making a lamp in shop class. My first commissioned piece (for money!) was in 1963. Since then, I have been developing my craft and...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS