Search results

1. D

Built In bookshelves, dressers, Etc

Wisoncb, That may be where I wind up, but I have a whole interior to spray/roll so I was hoping the Graco could serve double duty. I know Graco says NOT to use any flammable things in it so a different system will be needed in the future for finishes. However, right now it's just going to be...
  2. D

To all, Thanks so much for the guidance. Birthday coming up and Graco on the list so I should be set (have everything else other than the plywood). Once again, can't thank you all enough for the guidance. Bob
  3. D

Thanks all for the replies. I was thinking that pulling up the carpet and building on the (is it called the sub floor or underlayment), the proper choice. Also, thank you for the paint recommendation, do you think a Graco airless sprayer would work well, or do I need to spring for a HVLP...
  4. D

To all, Some design advice and any "don't do that" would be helpful. So, I have a finished attic with 4' knee walls around 3 sides (the 4th wall is tall and leads to one exit, the full bathroom and a HVAC room). It's about 700+ square feet (lots of room). It was my daughter's suite before...
  5. D

Garage vacuum and compressed air question

Thanks for the input, that part I'd forgotten about chemical reactions. However, what I was thinking was just building the base frames and stopping 4 inches back from the wall so I could run the pipes behind the base. No wood on pipe contacts so I should be good. Also, thanks to all of you...
  6. D

Gene, I can do the Corvette, it's a hot wheel and I can almost guarantee that it doesn't have more than maybe 1 mile on it total <evil grin> :) Bob
  7. D

Dennis, my stupidity in my measurements. It's 8 "foot" high at that part and 7 foot high in most of the rest of it. However, the HVAC primary feed and return ducting is all over the craw;lspace so I only truly have about a 10x15 foot space that's free of ducting and butts up with the garage...
  8. D

Thank you Casey, some great wisdom and things I hadn't looked at in there I'll need to look into.
  9. D

Thank you all for the replies. I misspoke in that it would be a DC (say 2HP for my needs), not a shop-vac. The crawlspace is 8" high at that point (I'd use the crawlspace for a true shop, but I have so many HVAC ducts all over it it's just not possible). For the DC, I can't ever imagine...
  10. D

To all, Just an idea and some feedback would be helpful. I have a garage (2 car and very spacious), which butts up against a wall that leads to a concrete floor huge crawlspace. I'm going to put in some garage cabinets and was thinking about putting in compressed air and a vacuum system...
  11. D

Dovetail Jig: Any opinions on the Porter Cable 4216 Super Jig?

To all, Thanks for the information (and the offers), assessing the upgrade to a variable spacing jig given the feedback here. Chris, Jim, don't wait for me, but I may be reaching out to you if I decide not to jump to the variable spacing jigs. Just as an aside, any issues with using a Triton...
  12. D

Dovetail Jig: Any opinions on the Porter Cable 4216 Super Jig?

To all, planning on some shop cabinets and looking for a dovetail jig that is both reasonable and does a good job. Looking at this (amazon link, I can't find this jig on the Porter Cable site)...
  13. D

Dumb question re: Tape measures in the shop

To all, Thanks, all good advice and every little bit of knowledge helps. You all have helped me confirm my concerns and looks like it's time to go shopping for a good steel ruler :) Bob H <aka Durnik>
  14. D

Dumb question re: Tape measures in the shop

To all, Ok, complete beginner, newbie, idiot, etc. here. Question I have is the proper use of a tape measure. Example 1: Using the tape hooked over the end of a board to measure a set distance to mark and saw off. Example 2: Using the tape hook pressed against a wall corner then measuring...
  15. D

First router - primary use in table

Question: Will the Triton router accept PC bushings (or whatever is necessary) to use some of the common dovetail jigs (PC, Leigh, Etc.)? Bob H <aka Durnik>
  16. D

To all, thanks for all the ideas and suggestions. With every one of them I'm doing web searches and reviews. This is fun :) Bob H <aka Durnik>
  17. D

To all, Looking for advice on my first router. Primary use would be for a router table (raised panel doors in my future). Seems like the porter cable is the most often cited router (bushings, mounts, etc.), when router lifts, bushings, dovetail jigs, etc are mentioned. Probably will buy a...
  18. D

Mounting upper cabinents via top and bottom recess

To all, They're 1/2" plywood cabinets so I think I'd have the strength with the GRK screws with the washer head on them. Just a quick question, maybe because I'm 6'1", but I don't see how the screws on the bottom would be highly visible unless you're a very short person. Just a question My...
  19. D

Mounting upper cabinents via top and bottom recess

To all, Saw this on "This Old House", they mounted upper cabinets by screwing through the top and bottom recess (the 0.75 inch recess at the top and bottom of the cabinet). Just wanted to know if anyone has done this and whether it's a good idea? I assume if you pre-drill you won't split the...
  20. D

Pocket Screw Strength/Excuse to buy new toys

To all, thanks for all the comments and advice. Just some responses to the questions asked: 1) The crawlspace is actually ~7' tall at minimum. I just have flexible AC pipes running against the walls so I wanted to keep the shelves under them. 2) The crawlspace is dry as a bone and has a 4"...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS