Search results

1. Absinthe

First Cigar Box Guitar

First time cigar box guitar. Any CBG makers here?
  2. Absinthe

Hello from Mooresville, NC

Hi all, I guess I should have done this 4 years ago. I am a woodworking hobbyist, though I will occasionally sell something to support my hobby. I do some hand work, but mostly use electric tools. I work in the computer industry. In my spare time I do woodoworking, fiber arts, soap making...
  3. Absinthe

Wooden Toys and Pattern Routing/Making

I got a book on making wooden toys. It has many patterns that I have to copy to wood. It seems to me that it would be best to copy them to a good "pattern" material and then use that to trace onto real wood, bandsaw rough and use the pattern with a router to clean up the edges. Does this...
  4. Absinthe

HowTo: Drum Top Table technique?

I do not want to buy "bendable plywood", however, I am not opposed to kerfing regular plywood. I am also ok using solid wood. The question is: (well two of them I guess) How do I do it with kerfing plywood? How do I do it with solid wood? In both cases, I understand the super basics. I know...
  5. Absinthe

Wedge Activated Corner Clamps

Here is a great project for scrap wood. The wedge (inclined plane) is a seriously underrated machine. This is a design I copied from watching Izzy Swan.
  6. Absinthe

Getting started on turkey box call

https://goo.gl/photos/81Hnw9AcX9PDvQCKA https://goo.gl/photos/ZDHvtTNxom5BjW3m8 https://goo.gl/photos/bBhjD8GBoM64QNCB6 Just needs the paddle and a little cleanup. Let me know what you think.
  7. Absinthe

Steamer Chest Humpback

I am looking for some pointers in the right direction for making one of these.
  8. Absinthe

Sharing space RAS and CSMS

Recently got an old Delta/Rockwell 10" RAS and currently already have Kobalt 10" CSMS. They seem to have similar space requirements so I thought there would be a good efficient design for co-mounting them in a single station. I have seen others mention something of this nature, but would like...
  9. Absinthe

Looking for RAS advice

I will be getting an older Delta RAS from a friend soon. I am looking for positive advice on how to use it best, care and feeding and best practices. Please don't bother telling me to use it as a boat anchor or stuff like that. Thanks
  10. Absinthe

Klingspore Woodworking Extravaganza

A little early, but I just saw this and thought I'd share http://www.woodworkingextravaganza.com/
  11. Absinthe

Incra Universal Precision Positioning Jig

Not sure if this is the right forum, but perhaps it will be a start. I just received an Incra Jig and Incra Gage. These are both the old grey ones. Anyone have and love these that would share some ideas on how to get the most out of them? It did not come with any templates or anything else...
  12. Absinthe

Help IDing a Makita Circular saw

I worked some trades and ended up with an older Makita Circular saw. Can anyone help ID the model and perhaps even date it? Also, is there a general technique for refurbishing such things? Let's see how well I do posting pictures here...
  13. Absinthe

Square woes

I just purchased a new 12" Swanson Speed Square. This is not the metal one, but rather the orange plastic model. I thought perhaps since it was new I would check it with a square that I already had. Well not so much. So I did the line-flip-line test and not only was my Swan pretty much dead...
  14. Absinthe

Panel Saw / Panel cutter

I am looking to cut a lot of panels for making cabinets. I have looked at the saw guide (two pieces of offset plywood), and even added a fence and stop to such for repeatability. Now I would like to come up with something a bit more permanent, with accurate repeatable results. Something more...
  15. Absinthe

32 mm eurostyle cabinetry

Anyone here doing 32mm eurostyle cabinetry? Anyone doing it without lineboring equipment? What systems are you using to learn? Anyone interested in just chatting about it generally?
  16. Absinthe

Where to Shop for Power tools?

Seems that the big-box stores are not showing much in the way of mid to upper end tools. I hve been told that their higher end stuff is available on their website. But I would like to handle a tool before putting out folding money for it, right? I haven't been to a sears in a while, but I gear...
  17. Absinthe

Why am I in Doolie?

When I put in my address, zip code. 28115 there is no place to put in City/Town. So for some reason it reports me as being from Doolie. Seems odd. -- Bradley
  18. Absinthe

Miter Saw Station designs

I now have a normal sized permanent space for a workshop. About 20x40 (minus stairs and such). So the first tool I installed was the CV1800. Now I am mentally vaporlocking trying to place the rest of it and getting it ducted and so forth. The largest outlay of space, without forgiveness will...
  19. Absinthe

work bench/table and holdfasts

Hi, I am just setting up my shop now that I have the room to do it. First thing I did was make 2 work benches/tables to give some flat surface area and additional storage. They are both the same 2'x4', 2x4 construction with a "top" and a bottom shelf. I just finished cross bracing and...
  20. Absinthe

Alternative to Sketchup (For Linux)

I am getting back to woodworking after a few years away. Seems that many things are different, and lots of people like to either design or share designs in Sketchup. Let me start by saying that I am not interested in starting a war, and if what I am about to say makes you feel like arguing about...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS