Search results

1. Absinthe

First Cigar Box Guitar

apparently the mp4 didn't attach well. Try this: https://photos.app.goo.gl/QYvGSNjAPApwm4bm8
  2. Absinthe

First Cigar Box Guitar

First time cigar box guitar. Any CBG makers here?
  3. Absinthe

Hello from Mooresville, NC

Thanks when I saw that I knew I had to have it. :)
  4. Absinthe

I guess I'm not one for following rules. :) I am on the chat every week though.
  5. Absinthe

Hi all, I guess I should have done this 4 years ago. I am a woodworking hobbyist, though I will occasionally sell something to support my hobby. I do some hand work, but mostly use electric tools. I work in the computer industry. In my spare time I do woodoworking, fiber arts, soap making...
  6. Absinthe

Non Festool track saws

Not sure if this is too late for someone making a decision, but I would highly recommend EZSmart stuff from EurekaZone. However, they are more than just a track and a saw. They have a philosophy and a system. At least give them a look. I like mine. http://www.eurekazone.com/
  7. Absinthe

Wooden Toys and Pattern Routing/Making

I will have to scan some of the photocopies .. .unless that feels like copyright infringement... otherwise I will take pictures of what I cutout. FWIW, the book is "How to make ANIMATED TOYS" by David Wakefield. Here is the Amazon link...
  8. Absinthe

Can you work that with regular tools or doesn't it melt all over things?
  9. Absinthe

I got a book on making wooden toys. It has many patterns that I have to copy to wood. It seems to me that it would be best to copy them to a good "pattern" material and then use that to trace onto real wood, bandsaw rough and use the pattern with a router to clean up the edges. Does this...
  10. Absinthe

HowTo: Drum Top Table technique?

I have considered many things. I guess I am hoping to hear from someone who has done one with some suggestions on what worked and what didn't. :) I so prefer to learn from someone else's mistakes than reinventing the wheel and making all the same ones :)
  11. Absinthe

I will have to look up their hours and such
  12. Absinthe

Just contacted them for a market sample
  13. Absinthe

I've tried to enlighten them on EZ Smart before, they don't seem to be receptive to my suggestions of enlightenment. I did contact CFP, but I will contact some of the online places to see where things can be gotten from.
  14. Absinthe

Picked up about 20 lbs of maple from the scrap bin. I asked about the bendable plywood and they had no idea what I was talking about. SMFT. I will keep an eye out.
  15. Absinthe

Great link. I am not religiously opposed to bendable plywood, just never saw it for sale anywhere I have been, and the thought of ordering something like that shipped sounds like an expensive proposition.. I will ask about it at Klingspore today since I have to go there anyway.
  16. Absinthe

I do not want to buy "bendable plywood", however, I am not opposed to kerfing regular plywood. I am also ok using solid wood. The question is: (well two of them I guess) How do I do it with kerfing plywood? How do I do it with solid wood? In both cases, I understand the super basics. I know...
  17. Absinthe

Wedge Activated Corner Clamps

Here is a great project for scrap wood. The wedge (inclined plane) is a seriously underrated machine. This is a design I copied from watching Izzy Swan.
  18. Absinthe

Opinions on Video: Useing 7-1/4" Blades on Table Saw???

Don't all jump on me at once, but before I had a dado stack, I found I could use a few 7-1/4" blades mounted together to the same effect. I know it is not optimal, and in certain cases can be dangerous but it worked well at the time.
  19. Absinthe

Getting started on turkey box call

So it is complete!!! https://goo.gl/photos/wBuF944J2hoSGvys8 https://goo.gl/photos/NYCPUhEfnosY5vTw9
  20. Absinthe

Getting started on turkey box call

I want to shorten the sound boards, but I am not sure if I want to keep the edge at 6° or square it off? And I am hoping that a little sanding is all I need to get that glue run line off. Unfortunately I didn't get back to it in time and it dried in place. The paddle will be cedar, though I...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors