Search results

1. J

Best all-around finish?

Casey, did you do any more research on the Vesting product? From what I have found it seems to be great but as you stated the cost is HIGH. The darn light is $700! I've been trying to find UV lights that might work but I'm not really sure I know what to look for.
  2. J

Paste Wax Replacement

Wow, that surprises me, initially I didn't believe it and found the following. According to a post on a Woodnet forum, Johnson Paste Wax was discontinued on December 31, 2021. A post on The Patriot Woodworker also confirms that Johnson Paste Wax is no longer being made. However, some say that...
  3. J

Dewalt 10 Woodworker's Table Saw with Rails - DW746X - $697 (Oak Island, NC)

Dewalt 10 Woodworker's Table Saw with Rails - DW746X Upgraded with riving knife Wired for 120v, can be changed to 240v. Current table height is 40", can be easily changed The following accessories are NOT included. Dado blades NOT included INCRA Miter 1000HD NOT included Magswich featherboards...
  4. J

Hammer A3-31 Jointer Planer Combo Machine For Sale

I also have an A3-31 and I upgraded to a Byrd Shelix head. I think I still have the old head and the knives. If someone wants them, I'd be willing to part with them, just pay the shipping. I live in Oak Island, NC, if you are close and want to drive by. I will attach a PDF describing my...
  5. J

LED Shop lights

I'm attaching a PDF titled "Lighting Journey JGT.pdf" that may be helpful to others. I may be missing some details. If this is the case, please let me know and I will update the document.
  6. J

LED Shop lights

Yes, I have 4' fixtures. I was upgrading led ballast fixtures from 3200k low lumens to 6000k high lumens (7200/bulb). At each end of each fixture there are 4 tombstones (this is the part where you slide the pins of the tube into for power. Normally the tombstones are connected parallel to each...
  7. J

LED Shop lights

On mine, first I cut the wires going to the ballast, removed the ballast, and connected the white wire from the power source to one set of the tombstones on one end of the fixture. The black wire from the power source was connected to the tombstones on the other end of the fixture. Reinstalled...
  8. J

Shaper Tape Origin resource

I think the roughness on the edges of the letters was due to using an 'UpCut" bit. Since then I purchased a "DownCut" bit but have not tested it.
  9. J

I think I resolved the issue. I measured the size of the dominos on the print and compared it to on on the tape. The printed version was a bit larger. I reprinted and ensured that the printed domino was the exact size and it worked. I use a Windows app (PriPrinter) that allows me to rescale an...
  10. J

LED Shop lights

imho, the brighter the better. Bulb temp is critical, get what they call daylight, this is a temp of 6000k to 7000k. If you go too high it will get blue. I'm attaching my lighting journey
  11. J

Initially I placed tape on just on the top and later added a strip along the bottom and a few on the ends. I also tested by placing a strip on an external board. Later I discovered that I could rotate the SO 90 degrees and cut the letters at the top
  12. J

For whatever reasons I have not had good success with printing the dominos. They look great but the SO has trouble with them and almost none are recognized. I'm using an HP LaserJet Pro MFP M479fdw and printing on white copy paper.
  13. J

Sorry for the late reply This is after I made a V cut. Later I decided the V cut was not necessary, at least I didn't think so. The board is about 42" x 19". Here is the finished phase. All of the guests will sign the board with a indian ink felt pin. I will then seal the board with a led...
  14. J

This video and the link to the generator (Python Based Printed Domino Generator) helped. After generating a few different test I was able to get what I think I needed. Thanks
  15. J

Does anyone have a source for the tape for a Shaper Origin. All I can find is $22/roll for 150 feet which I think is a bit steep.
  16. J

Woodworking Equipment - (Raleigh) GONE

What is the contact information?
  17. J

Need info, installing a Byrd Shelix head on a Hammer A3-31

Guys - Thanks for the feedback.
  18. J

Need info, installing a Byrd Shelix head on a Hammer A3-31

Gene, is this something I should do? I have no objection. I managed to determine how to do it. I had a difficult time determining how to attach the PDF. If I did something wrong, please let me know.
  19. J

Bessey REVO Parallel clamps FS- SOLD

Also, try applying wax to the clamp bar. This worked great for glue removal.
  20. J

Hammer Jointer-Planer A3 31 Cutter Upgrade to Byrd Shelix Head 2023-12-07

After a LOT of research, I had some info where the most helpful was a document where a Hammer C3-31 had been upgraded. Thus, I started with this, very quickly I realized that it was a good reference but LOTS of differences. To hopefully eliminate serious issues I started to document my process...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS