Search results

1. NOTW

Waterlox refinish question

I built my dining room table back in 2015 and finished it with Waterlox original (the finish has held up great over the years) but when I made the table I made it with 90 degree edges which tend to dig into your arms when sitting at the table. I want to go back and add a small round over to the...
  2. NOTW

Hand Plane Till

Finally finished my hand plane till, seems like I have been working on it a while. Carcass is made from plywood with box joint construction, everything else is made from Mahogany. The finish is Minwax wipe on poly, which I ended up liking more than I thought I would. The original design did not...
  3. NOTW

Finish suggestion

I am finishing up building a hand plane till and am starting to think about what finish to use. I would like to have something to wipe on wipe off that will leave a satin finish. My design has some tight spaces due to columns (should have prefinished, oh hindsight) so brushing or buffing would...
  4. NOTW

Shop heaters

For the past few years I have used an 18,000 btu indoor rated propane heater. Even though it is indoor rated it still has some fumes which I have grown less tolerant to over the years. I want to replace it with an electric heater but only have 120v outlets in my garage. The largest heater I...
  5. NOTW

Stanley No. 2246 Restoration

A while back I bought a Stanley No. 2246 Miter box and a couple of saws from Hank. Figured I would post pictures of how I got it and how the restoration ended. Everything was completely disassembled, cleaned, electrolysis for rust remove, wire wheel cleaned, sanded and repainted. I wasn't...
  6. NOTW

Dust Collection Parts - FREE

Dust collection parts from a Grizzly dust collector, part include bottom plate and casters, hardware, filter bag and collection bag. Located in Clayton
  7. NOTW

Stanley No. 5 Hand Plane

Does anyone have a Stanley No. 5 they are looking to part with. I would like one that is complete and not broken, I am okay with restoring it. Everything on ebay seems to be either broken or fully restored and expensive.
  8. NOTW

lot of handsaws

Not sure if it is worth it to anyone but this seems like a lot of handsaws. Not mine, etc.etc. https://raleigh.craigslist.org/atq/d/carrboro-estate-sale-vintage-antique/7229500598.html
  9. NOTW

Advice on Bench Dogs

So I am finally nearing the end of my workbench build, my Will Myers wagon vise has been delivered and installed :) and that now brings me to the section I would consider accessories. For holdfast I am ordering the Gramercy holdfast as most people have a high opinion of them and they won't...
  10. NOTW

Estate Sale in Catawba SC

not mine, but they had a lot of lumber https://www.estatesales.net/SC/Catawba/29704/2646750?utm_source=gmail.com&utm_medium=email&utm_term=28210&utm_content=Charlotte-NC&utm_campaign=2020-09-04-1DaysBefore
  11. NOTW

Lee Valley Bench Dog Bushing

At the point in my bench build where i would like to add a few bench dogs to the top. I can order a 3/4" auger bit from amazon no problem. The issue i am having is the bench dog bushing for help getting the hole perfectly straight is back ordered from Lee Valley until October 2nd. Does any...
  12. NOTW

Delta Table Saw for Sale

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/d/wake-forest-delta-table-saw-3-hp/7170297854.html Not mine, makes me wish I had a 220 outlet though
  13. NOTW

Progress on Workbench

I don't do a lot of progress shots on things I work on, mainly because I get too focused on building and forget to take pictures. Here is the base mocked up for my new workbench. All joinery has been cut (mortise & tenon) and everything fits nicely, won't glue it together until I get the leg...
  14. NOTW

Vises or Vices?

So I have my workbench top glued up in two pieces, and all the joinery is done on the base, just need to fine tune some of the joints to fit a little tighter and then I have to decide if I want to add dowels to the mortise and tenon joints. So I am at the point I have to start thinking about...
  15. NOTW

PSA - Don't leave cordless batteries on chargers

There have been a couple of fires in my neighborhood in the past few weeks, both originating in the garage. One of them has come back as confirmed from the fire investigation that the cause of the fire was a DeWalt battery charger that was left plugged in with the battery on it. So just a...
  16. NOTW

Dog Food Bowl Stand

So with finishing my dining room table ( Cross half lap joint with a mortise and tenon ) last week the wife asked if I could make a stand to hold the dog's food and water bowl, I thought to myself I have a perfect design as the dog's food bowl sits near the dining room table. So I made a dog...
  17. NOTW

Cross half lap joint with a mortise and tenon

So my project ADD kicked in and the workbench is on a slight hold as I build a new base for my dining room table. I never really liked the old base so I decided to come up with a new design. The legs are an X pattern with cross half lap joints connecting the two together then from one X to the...
  18. NOTW

Workbench Advice

I am finally in the process of building a new workbench. I have finished the top and I did it in 2 sections that are 3-3/4" thick x 11" wide x 75" long, heart pine. I did it in two glue-ups so that I would have options by this point, I can either keep the two pieces separate and have the tool...
  19. NOTW

Dresser for Master Closet

SWMBO requested a dresser for the master closet, it is 24" wide x 14" deep and has 7 drawers and 2 adjustable shelves. All the parts painted white are 3/4" maple ply and the drawer fronts are stained poplar. Tried to social distance as much as possible so made the shelf pins out of 1/4 metal...
  20. NOTW

Drill Press Table?

Ok so last time I was drilling some holes in a larger piece of wood for scrolling I thought it would be nice to have a bigger table on the drill press so I am going to make a drill press table but I have a question. Looking online and places like Woodpeckers it appears once the table is mounted...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS