Search results

1. T

FS: Delta Unisaw or Contractor Saw Wings

I have a pair of 1967 Unisaw wings that I no longer need. I used them to great effect on my delta contractor saw (the extra weight was a big help), but I recently sold it and the buyer wanted the stamped steel wings for a lower price. Asking $200 which is basically what I paid for them awhile...
  2. T

Carter BS quick realease

I also have it on my 1984 Delta BS... @Keye Which model Delta BS do you have?
  3. T

Contractor saw alignment

I second PALS! I have them on the contractor saw that I am now selling and they made adjustments so much easier! I also talked to the guy over at In-Line industries (the maker of the PALS) and he suggested replacing the pulleys and belts as well. They worked well for me and if anyone has a...
  4. T

FS: Delta Contractor Table Saw - sold

@BKHam I know what you mean! They are pretty expensive (not to mention shipping) to get on eBay so I was lucky to get a matched set. They definitely made a big difference on the saw. If someone ends up buying the saw and offers me less without the wings, I will keep you in mind :)
  5. T

Bow saw

Just in case anyone looks up this thread later. I have the 10-24-23 version of the bahco listed above with a wet wood blade and it is a great saw. For medium size logs I could get through them faster than my neighbor could setup and cut with his small, underpowered chain saw...
  6. T

I am on the west side of Durham
  7. T

USA made Delta 34-444 from the early 90s. It has quite a few very useful upgrades including cast iron wings (from a unisaw), an upgraded fence, upgrades pulleys, Contract Saw PALS, a leecraft plate with splitters, and upgraded switch. Full Stats below the pictures. I also have the old stamped...
  8. T

Bored 7 Year Old

I saw this on YouTube. Rex shows how to make a gun and a tic tac toe board.
  9. T

Sherwin-Williams Sherwood pre-cat lacquer

I used it last year in my Earlex HV5500 to paint a dresser for my daughter and it worked great. I just thinned it until it passed the cup test and I was good to go.
  10. T

Where to find used machines nowadays?

George, I am not sure of the details, but here are a few to check out in NC from Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/798127160623747/ https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/865845023865896/ https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2431124270441418/
  11. T

Facial Hair and Respirators

This was a nice chart I found in an article about coronavirus. It was also entertaining to see all of the names for different styles!
  12. T

Lowes Savings Deal 15% Exp 2/29

Thanks for the tip!
  13. T

For Sale Rockwell 8" Jointer

I picked up an 8in 1950s Art Deco delta jointer a few months back that I am restoring. It is very similar to this one. (but a lot more rust :) ) I only had a Honda Fit to get it home, but I found that mine could be taken apart quite easily. Your base seems a bit more put together than mine, but...
  14. T

Wanted: Instructions for a Delta 50-389 (extension wings for the Delta 31-250 drum sander)

@Bill Clemmons Thanks Bill, but I must be missing something. I see the manual for the drum sander itself (which I have), but not the manual for the extension wings.
  15. T

Wanted: Instructions for a Delta 50-389 (extension wings for the Delta 31-250 drum sander)

I purchased the extension wings (Delta 50-389) for my Delta 31-250 18-36 drum sander off of eBay and while it was listed as new in box, it did not have the instructions. If anyone has the instructions I would be happy to pay a reasonable price for them or would love to borrow them for a few...
  16. T

Wanted - 1.5 HP Motor for Delta 8in Jointer Restoration - Found

Thanks everyone! Someone on the site sent me a PM and had a motor that matched the specs I was looking for. I might try something different in the future (and there were lots of great suggestions!), but for now, I think I will just use this motor with an identically sized new pulley with a 5/8...
  17. T

@Oka Thanks for the clarification! If I decide to keep the old motor I will go down that route! I am just not sure it is worth going to 220 for 1.5HP. If I go to 220 and my Jointer can handle it, I might go to 2HP.
  18. T

@Alan in Little Washington Thanks for the great write up. From what I understand looking at the old catalogs and owwm.org, in the 50s Delta did ship their jointers with 1725 RPM motors. As you suspected, the pulley on the cutterhead is 1.5-2 in (I would need to go out and measure) and the...
  19. T

@Oka I think it can be inverted to phase 1, but I read that I would lose 1/3 of the horsepower. I figured I might as well just get a 1PH motor so I did not go down to 1HP. @Pop Golden I did look into a HF motor but given all of the work it will take to restore the jointer, I wanted to stick...
  20. T

I was able to grab an 8in Delta jointer to restore, but unfortunately (for me) it came with a 3 Phase motor. I was wondering if anyone had a 1.5 HP 1PH 1725RPM motor (the ideal would be TEFC and with manual protector) that they would be willing to sell or trade? The motor that came with it is...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS