Search results

1. R

Lathe and lathe tool reconmendations

I started with a Jet mini many years ago, next purchase was a 14" Standard Jet. Next was a Nova DVR. I've now graduated to a Robust Scout. As I did more and more woodturning I ended up progressing to what I consider I will never need to upgrade from :) Rick
  2. R

Nova DVR XP Lathe for sale

Sorry, it is sold
  3. R

I've had many questions about the Nova and I have to say it was / is a great lathe. I always wanted a Robust and now that they have the Scout I decided to dive right in. It is the only real reason I am moving on from the Nova. I would highly recommend their products (I also have a Nova drill...
  4. R

Contingently Sold
  5. R

I am retired and have just purchased a Robust lathe. No room for my Nova DVR XP. She is 14 years old, but still works perfectly. Here is a link to someone who describes a lathe exactly like her. Obviously for pick up only in Mooresville, NC (28117). $400 or best offer. Rick
  6. R

Mini Max S45N Bandsaw For Sale

Scott, I just sold it. I can't measure it now but 300mm is way to small.
  7. R

Henry, The attachment is a word document with pictures embedded. Rick
  8. R

I have an S45N Mini Max Bandsaw for sale. New 2.5HP 220V motor installed w 9 Ft cord. Excellent condition, used sparingly - need to downsize. Also includes a Lenox TRI-MASTER Versitle Carbide Tipped Blade (value $300). I have attached a word doc with pictures. $1600 or Best Offer. Pickup...
  9. R

Charles Neil Pre-Color Conditioner

Funny thing, I'm in New Market Va as I write this taking Charles finishing class. The blotch control is amazing stuff. We have spent two days sampling and testing all kinds of finishes. The blotch control is the real deal as is Charles. I'm amazed at how down to earth he is and how willing...
  10. R

CL find; PATTERNMAKER'S WORKBENCH - $1400 Winston-Salem

It was for sale by a very nice gentleman who was a retired nurse, now doing woodworking as a hobby and building projects for his family and extended friends (specialized in baby cradles). His grandfather had a similar bench but somehow it had been given away. He found this bench locally and...
  11. R

CL find; PATTERNMAKER'S WORKBENCH - $1400 Winston-Salem

Went to see the bench and it was in great shape. Emmett vise definitely had some chips (one significant), but fully functional So I bought it!
  12. R

Plug for The Woodworking Source

Hope this is the correct forum for this. I went to The Woodworking Source this weekend and got some great deals from Rick. I purchased the router raizer and bit extender (both great prices) and also picked up some pieces for woodturning that Rick had put aside as non useable for his purposes (he...
  13. R

Superior Alder for sale

Reggie, Go for it. I don't think it will work for me, but thanks for leaving me 1st dibbs!
  14. R

Woodturning Instruction

Jane, Thanks for the quick response, unfortunately due to my inability to plan business travel, it would be tough to go for 4 Mondays. I was hoping I could set a day or two aside. I have seen several opportunities but they are all either 4 - 5 days or far enough away that I would need to...
  15. R

Woodturning Instruction

Does anyone know of a good resource for one on one instructional training for woodturning within driving distance of the Charlotte / Winston-Salem area? I am a 10 year part time woodworker / woodturner who would like to develop better skills around sharpening, end grain hollowing etc. I know...
  16. R

Superior Alder for sale

Eric, How wide? I live in Mooresville and may be interested. Rick Wize
  17. R

Bowl Gouge?

If you are looking for a good DVD on how to use bowl or spindle gouges in turning bowls, check out the Jimmy Clewes "Turn it On" series. Craft Supplies has it on sale (and I believe there is a 10% coupon on videos also). This one of the best DVDs I have seen which shows closeups of the...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors