Search results

1. J

Stone ID

I’m trying to find out what type of stone this is. I don’t remember how I obtained it , but I believe it is an oil stone. Anyone have an idea? Thanks in advance. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. J

First Commission

Hello all, I’m building my first commission for my first client and want this to be right. It is a shoe rack made from red oak, with the sides made of frame and panel construction. I haven’t glued up the sides yet, because I’m waiting for the client to finalize stain color, and I want to...
  3. J

Dewalt DW735

Ok, I am far far away from having ANY electrical knowledge. However, I think (hope) the circuit breaker on my planer is shot. I have a multimeter(which I don’t know how to use), but I put it on ohms and tested the onboard breaker, and I get a large reading( analog). But when I put the leads into...
  4. J

Wedding Wine & Advice Box

This is a Wedding Wine Advice Well Wishes Box that I made for my son and his bride. The box has a coopered lid which has a slot cut in it for wedding guests to write notes to the newlyweds. The box is made of purpleheart (her favorite color and the main color of the wedding), and is...
  5. J

My Facebook Page

https://m.facebook.com/JGCustomWoodWorks/ Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. J

Rockler Branding Iron

I received a wonderful Christmas gift from my son and his wife. Totally unexpected and an awesome surprise, I opened up a box containing a custom branding iron from Rockler. I was so excited, I still haven't stopped thanking them. I carefully filled out the form for the custom name of my...
  7. J

Delta 14" Bandsaw Sliding Bracket

Issue: Upper wheel will not turn without scraping on upper wheel housing. Background: When I bought this saw used (28-203 w/riser block), it was tuned to perfection by former owner ( older gentleman). I used the saw for 2 yrs with no problems. The only upgrade was I put urethane tires on...
  8. J

Bridal Chest Lid

Over a year later, I'm still working on the bridal chest that was supposed to be a wedding present for my son and his wife. The chest has been done for over 8 months, and I've been juggling it between my 2 benches. My problem is the lid. This is the third lid I've built, and I screwed it up...
  9. J

Spindle Extension

Hi all, new turner here. I have a Central Machinery 12" lathe and just started to make some faceplates for it by epoxying a 1" x 8tpi nut into it. I was trying to mount a 10 1/2" faceplate to the spindle but it won't fit. The faceplate is being blocked by side of the motor. This is supposed to...
  10. J

Lathe Tools

Hi, I am new to turning, but have done a lot of research. I purchased an 8 pc set of Harbor Freight lathe tools to learn to turn and to sharpen. I was just about ready to build a Wolverine type jig, when I found a Woodcut Tru Grind jig, an Ace 6" grinder, with 5 wheels(Norton/3M Grey/White) for...
  11. J

Bridal Chest Lid

I have built my first large furniture project, a bridal chest (44"L x 23 1/2"W x 22"h), made from Sapele (frame) and African Mahogany (panels). Now I am focusing on the lid, which is where my problem lies. I was going to make the lid from quarter sawn ribbon stripe Sapele to match the frame...
  12. J

Klingspor Sandpaper

Is there a code to use for forum members to get a discount on Klingspor Ssndpaper? Thanks, Jim
  13. J

Whiteside 3390 Fine Finger Joint Router Bit

Whiteside 3390 Fine Finger Joint Router Bit 5/16" - 1 1/4" MATERIAL THICKNESS 1 3/8" LARGE DIAMETER 5/16". FINGER DEPTH 3 1/4" OVERALL LENGTH 1/2" SHANK I purchased this router bit to make finger joints on the corners...
  14. J

Hello from VA

Hi All, I hope my being from Virginia doesn't cast a dark shadow on me belonging to this forum i have just found this site and I really love it. I am 62 yrs old and have been woodworking as a hobby for almost 2 years. I do have some skills, as I went through a 5 year apprenticeship as a...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors