Search results

1. J

Stone ID

Thanks. Yes this is a brown stone with lighter browns throughout it seems very hard and is very smooth. I put oil on it and sharpened a chisel and it gave a very very sharp edge. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. J

Stone ID

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. J

Stone ID

I’m trying to find out what type of stone this is. I don’t remember how I obtained it , but I believe it is an oil stone. Anyone have an idea? Thanks in advance. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. J

First Commission

It will be approx 36” w x 36” h x 16” d. I was planning to put the back into a rabbet, but won’t be gluing the shelves to the back. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. J

First Commission

Thank you all for the advice. Very much appreciated!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. J

First Commission

Yes Berta Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. J

First Commission

Hello all, I’m building my first commission for my first client and want this to be right. It is a shoe rack made from red oak, with the sides made of frame and panel construction. I haven’t glued up the sides yet, because I’m waiting for the client to finalize stain color, and I want to...
  8. J

Dewalt DW735

It wouldn’t work after cleaning, so I bypassed it. Ran some walnut thru it, turned it off, went to start it again........nothing. Now it’s either the circuit breaker, main switch, or motor, I guess. I didn’t run it hard. 1/32” a pass, and I don’t smell any electrical burning or anything. My luck...
  9. J

Dewalt DW735

Thanks Gofor, I will give that a try. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. J

Dewalt DW735

Thanks nn4jw and JimD. I jumped the micro switch and the planer started running. I just ordered a micro switch but it won’t get here for at least a week from today. I need my planer NOW. Would it hurt to run the planer with the micro switch bypassed? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. J

Dewalt DW735

I tried to jump the two wires that go to the circuit breaker. I just ran a wire from one wire to the other wire. The planer will still not turn on. Does that mean that the circuit breaker is good, and my problem might be the switch, or something even more complex? Sent from my iPhone using...
  12. J

Dewalt DW735

I moved to PA 2 1/2 years ago. Guess I forgot to update. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. J

Dewalt DW735

Ok, I am far far away from having ANY electrical knowledge. However, I think (hope) the circuit breaker on my planer is shot. I have a multimeter(which I don’t know how to use), but I put it on ohms and tested the onboard breaker, and I get a large reading( analog). But when I put the leads into...
  14. J

Wedding Wine & Advice Box

Thank you all!! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  15. J

Wedding Wine & Advice Box

This is a Wedding Wine Advice Well Wishes Box that I made for my son and his bride. The box has a coopered lid which has a slot cut in it for wedding guests to write notes to the newlyweds. The box is made of purpleheart (her favorite color and the main color of the wedding), and is...
  16. J

My Facebook Page

https://m.facebook.com/JGCustomWoodWorks/ Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. J

Popular Woodworking Magazine Loan?

This is a great site to read woodworking material. http://woodtools.nov.ru/ Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. J

Popular Woodworking Magazine Loan?

I have many PWW magazines in pdf format (Issues 110-222), with some missing. If you tell me the issues that you need/want, I can email them to you. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. J

Rockler Branding Iron

This may seem trivial to most, but my business name is JG CUSTOM WOOD WORKS, not JG CUSTOM WOODWORKS. I USED THE allotted 20 characters, including spaces. They just made an honest mistake by not putting a space between wood and works. Not a big deal, right? Probably not, but, that is not the...
  20. J

Rockler Branding Iron

WOW!!!! That is such a downright lie. How can they live with themselves? A big company like Rockler will deny to the end that they made a mistake on a measly $100 item. Un (;/$&"? Real!!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS