Search results

1. FredP

Is There a Decent Staple Gun Out There?

Duo-Fast CS-5000 SureShot Manual Tacker cheaper at this link
  2. FredP

Is There a Decent Staple Gun Out There?

Duofast. Hands down. Around 100 dollars and worth it. Adjustable power. You won't find it at the big box. Try colonial supply in cary or wake forest
  3. FredP

Puzzle Box Maestro

I watched the first 15 seconds. I surrender. :oops:
  4. FredP

Another vanity awaiting paint

Sorry but no. I build stuff. I don't write stuff. ;)
  5. FredP

It's primer. Yep it's cherry. I had made the legs out of some oak I had laying around but I had a brain fart and cut all four of them an Inch short. :rolleyes: I didn't want to go someplace and buy wood so I used a chunk of cherry I had laying around. The rest came from the scrap pile.
  6. FredP

Thanks, been busy lately and I haven't had time to get all the way over to cary.
  7. FredP

This is for a client.
  8. FredP

Thinking about making a Cat Tree

Hmmm. Cat tree huh? Well, what kind of glue would you use? Just kidding Ken. Glad to see you back in a shop after the move
  9. FredP

Happy Birthday Golfdad

Happy birthday young man
  10. FredP

Dewalt DW735 Issue

On the delta the chain cover was on the bottom of the machine. The chain controls the up and down motion keeping both ends of the cutterhead traveling equally. I had to turn my machine upside down to access it. You may find the DeWalt has another chain drive underneath for the same reason. Or I...
  11. FredP

Dewalt DW735 Issue

I had this problem with a delta lunch box planer. DeWalt is probably different but what I found on the delta is a plastic cover on the bottom had caked up chips making the chain bind up. I removed the cover blew it out and it worked like new again. Maybe the DeWalt has the same cover over the...
  12. FredP

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone
  13. FredP

Wood Identification

Looks like Brazilian cherry to me.
  14. FredP

Wood Dye Recommendations

Food coloring. Cheap and effective. Add it to lacquer or whatever clear finish your using
  15. FredP

A different technique

I don't know how well it will hold up (spackling) so I'm keeping it for a while just in case. I used it as grain filler. It works with paint. :p if it falls out I can always pour epoxy over it.
  16. FredP

A different technique

I'm not entirely pleased with the results. It just doesn't look right. The top isn't attached yet so I think I'm going to raise it a little. Maybe 3/4". If I still don't like it then I'll use the base for some other top and remake one for this top. The base is cherry and the top doesn't have any...
  17. FredP

A different technique

Update; top is finished. Waterlox. Base needs final coat.
  18. FredP

A Clean Shop

A clean shop Is the sign of a sick mind. Around here it's a pipe dream! :p
  19. FredP

Woodworking Hourly Rate

75 an hour for shop time plus materials. You have to figure in all incidental costs. Blades bits sharpening sand paper electric ect. If it's not profitable I don't do it. I try to figure out about how much time I'll have in and give a ballpark estimate. The customer agrees or goes elsewhere. The...
  20. FredP

Jointer Services Wanted

My weekends are mostly free. I'll pm my number.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors