Search results

1. R

Miniature Wagon Wheels

I found that link also, showed to my brother (he is the one that wants them built) he replied, "you can build them cheaper than that." I told him he is paying for the know how, not the manual labor.
  2. R

Miniature Wagon Wheels

Here are some pics
  3. R

Miniature Wagon Wheels

You still have any of those old jigs laying around collecting dust?
  4. R

Miniature Wagon Wheels

"I laminated the wheel and nailed a metal strapping band for the tire" Laminated? Hmmm thats alot better than the idea I had!
  5. R

Miniature Wagon Wheels

12 inches in diameter
  6. R

Miniature Wagon Wheels

I have been asked to make a miniature cannon. Body frame I can figure out, but the spoke wheels have me scratching my head. I need some advice please.
  7. R

Belt Disc Sander

I subscribe to the buy once, cry once. Harbor Freight tools are not on my shopping list. Not being uppity mind you, just dont shop there for tools.
  8. R

Belt Disc Sander

Saw this on Craigslist, thoughts? https://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/d/oxford-delta-6-belt-9-disc-sander/7096607853.html
  9. R

New bandsaw - hurry up and wait.

Got mine from Highland recently, shipped very fast. You will like the Rikon. Check with Highland maybe they have one in stock.
  10. R

Belt Disc Sander

I make a bunch of box joints and sanding them smooth with the hand sander is my current method. Considering one of these. Do you have one and how often do you use it? Lowes sells this model for $259.00. Thats a lot of "duckys" just to sand box joints ends. Thoughts...
  11. R

POSTPONED April 4 Sharpening Workshop

Wondering if you are still going to hold this class?
  12. R

Honing Guide Help

Shooting boards, I can’t believe I went so long without using one. Those things are awesome!
  13. R

Honing Guide Help

Update, I purchased a honing guide, set it to 25 degrees . Realized I was no where near 25 degrees on the blade edge. Checked and rechecked the guide to be sure of that. After going through the steps outlined in this thread, I produced a very uniformed looking edge. Strange thing was it did cut...
  14. R

Honing Guide Help

What I learned so far while sharpening, 1. Take your time, don’t be in a hurry 2. Don’t expect perfection 3. Water stones require continuous flattening 4. If I skip the flattening routine 5. I will have to start over 6. A sharp blade is very satisfying
  15. R

Honing Guide Help

I incorrectly called the what is done on the back as a "bevel" I should have said remove any burr from the back. I have been watching Rob Cosman on youtube. It is the final step he does with the small ruler to remove the burr.
  16. R

Honing Guide Help

Do you mean the back which you just flattened? I'd leave it flat and not put a back bevel on it (it's not necessary). Hmmm did not know that, learning something every day.
  17. R

Honing Guide Help

I did not try it last night, I forgot to put the back bevel on it. I will do that this afternoon and let you know. But it cut kinda not so bad before this (bad english I know) so after this reworking of the back I expect a big leap forward. I still plan on going to the class in April. I will...
  18. R

Honing Guide Help

It considerably sharper, the back really took some work getting it flat.
  19. R

Honing Guide Help

After flattening the back and some free hand retry sharpening

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS