Search results

1. S

Any junk Southbend Model 9's around?

That's perfectly fine. I have 3 other pieces of equipment to restore before this one so please contact me when your available so we can work out something.
  2. S

Upcoming Estate Auction

Prices good? any hidden gems?
  3. S

Upcoming Estate Auction

Did anyone make it to this? I was traveling to Highpoint for a couple of vintage air compressors for sale so missed out on this but I wanted to know how it went.
  4. S

Ha! I just said that last night! "But Honey l'll sell the other one as soon as I get done fixing this one" I don't think she bought it boys, quick what's the next excuse! lol
  5. S

Charity Vase

I really shouldn't hop on the forums before my morning coffee. I read the title as "Charity Case" but amazing work !
  6. S

Yeah I figured it would be but you never know unless you ask, I checked ebay and everyone wants a "collecter price" for a simple part. I figure someone may have had something with damaged ways, missing gears or along those lines that would've diminished the value greatly. The one I snatched up...
  7. S

Title pretty much says it all, I need a spare parts Southbend model 9 or one to use parts from this one on another, I acquired one for cheap and the ways, gears, and jaws are very good condition but it is missing some parts so I am hoping to find another destined to the junkyard Southbend and...
  8. S

Danish Cord Bench

Very beautiful, just showed the wife and right away asked me to do something similar... last time i ever invite her to look.
  9. S

Upcoming Estate Auction

That one has me scratching my head, it's why I originally wanted to go. Can't be milling with an motor mounted under the table also. I thought it was some type of press at first but most likely an overhead router. *Edit* Found it 1940's Duro metal model 3100 overarm router. Duro Metal Products...
  10. S

Old Delta 1460 lathe questions

Bob - Perfect drawing to reference for the new wood. Thanks for locating that. I have been out in the shop stripping the parts today and haven't had much time to browse through but looking at your DC motor i bit the bullet and will be doing the conversion. You and Oka have done it so changing...
  11. S

8" Jointer

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/180004246566565/ I believe that is a 8" delta about an hour and a bit away from you
  12. S

Upcoming Estate Auction

I can't make it to this auction but it seems to have a few decent goodies. Power feeder, bandsaw, 7" jointer, lathe, lathe tools, nailers, sanders, press, table saw, scroll saw, miter saw etc etc. https://www.estatesales.net/NC/Durham/27703/2472525?modal=true Alot of harbor freight tools but...
  13. S

Dewalt 13" Planer - $220 (Henrico)

Yup, that was gone in a heart beat.
  14. S

Bob - Thanks for the link. It will give me all the details I need and answer quite a few questions on reassembly. Oka - Ok I figured it was for weight but I never knew it would be that heavy. I'll go buy a sheet and have it ripped down to the size I need.
  15. S

Oka thanks for the manual! That will help with finding some different accessories and I am glad to hear these lathes are great. I was hoping I didn't jump the gun too fast and make a mistake. I'm debating about running it with a bigger motor and a variable speed drive later on after I learn the...
  16. S

Hey Everyone, Longtime lurker but never really posted, I was not planning on getting into wood turning this soon but instantly fell in love with the old iron look of the delta, but how are these lathes? I have little to no knowledge about lathes but I am very handy. Currently disassembled it...
  17. S

Ancient Jointers

I'll play around with the Craftsman, missing parts or not, I have enough spare pieces sitting around that I could do something with it. If your tossing it soon, shoot me a pm. I'm free anytime to come pick it up.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS