Search results

1. Michael Mathews

Pegas scroll saw on CL - $650 Lewisville, NC

I was chatting with Sterling Davis yesterday as he was ogling over the Pegas at Klingspor in W-S and I mentioned the one on CL to him. He said the one in W-S is listed at $700. So I'm not too sure about how good of a deal it is. I'd be inclined to pay a bit more and get a new one. Now I believe...
  2. Michael Mathews

Pressure Tank usage

I always thought for resin casting that a vacuum chamber was the best to remove air bubbles. BUT, I've never done in either and don't have a clue....Let's just say that I'm along for the ride on this thread!
  3. Michael Mathews

Do you use spring joints for large panel glue ups?

I also saw that video Jim! I've never seen this technique. I've always attempted to get two perfectly flat edges then glue them. Interesting for sure!
  4. Michael Mathews

Charity Vase

Beautiful work Willem!
  5. Michael Mathews

RECEIVED: 35mm SLR MANUAL camera for college kid

Thanks Roy, I'll check with her and let you know.
  6. Michael Mathews

Thanks for the info Ed! She didn't give me any specs, she just said that it has to have a manual mode.
  7. Michael Mathews

I've got a camera lined up now! Thanks for the terrific response from everyone! You guys are so awesome! Thank you so much!
  8. Michael Mathews

I was recently chatting with some you you wonderful NCWW people on a Sunday morning telling you about my daughter that's learning dark room techniques at college. Well, she bought what she thought was a manual camera and turns out it's just manual focus. So, anyone got a spare fully manual 35mm...
  9. Michael Mathews

Glue-Up "Accident"

The Safe Work Permits and Risk Assessments that I have to perform at work on a regular basis has make me more aware of situations like this. I am so much more careful to not press with a sharp edge, or blunt screwdriver, at myself in the event something fails and the tool comes into sudden...
  10. Michael Mathews

Shop Stool Project Update Pics

sorry, the thread and shaft size are 1-1/2"
  11. Michael Mathews

I'm using the Beall Tap for the Female threads and Router Box threading setup for the Male threads. The wood is Sapele for the legs and the rest is Maple, some wormy and some Spalted. Correction, both male and female tap and die setups are from the Beall kit!
  12. Michael Mathews

Woodmaster 725 drumsander

Klingspor, You should try it and compare to the Mirka stuff. You might find you don't go back! And no, we don't work for Klingspor! But we use the stuff because we've been around the block and we've seen the light! It's great stuff! It outlasts anything I've put up against it!
  13. Michael Mathews

Here's a couple pics of the Shop Stool in progress. The legs are Sapele and the rest is Wormy and Spalted Maple. All the pegs are temporary just for show and tell for the pics!
  14. Shop Stool Project Feb 2020

Shop Stool Project Feb 2020

Shop Stool from the Beall plan using 1-1/2" threaded dowel for height adjustment
  15. Shop Stool Project Feb 2020 #2

Shop Stool Project Feb 2020 #2

Shop Stool
  16. Michael Mathews

Geometry / Math Wizzes ... Help needed.

Thanks Ed! I was unaware of this website!
  17. Michael Mathews

Tick Stick

Very cool idea! Thanks for sharing!
  18. Michael Mathews

Geometry / Math Wizzes ... Help needed.

Dave, I believe he's making a 17" tall column. at least that's what I assumed

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS