Search results

1. J

Kinetic Sculptures

Very interesting Enjoy
  2. J

Q&A - Science Behind Wood Coatings

Hey, If you're like me and have been very confused or overwhelmed when trying to first learn about/understand wood coatings then know that I have a great opportunity coming my way next week (1/23/2020). I'll be having lunch with someone that is an expert the wood coatings industry and can...
  3. J

Workshop size for building king size beds

Hey, looking for input on those the may regularly build king size beds. I’ve got a new workshop planned that’s a 30’x40’ (10’ ceiling) as I feel this would be a comfortable size to build & finish a king size platform bed. I built one (also a queen) in my previous 14×24 shop but it was far too...
  4. J

Fire Starter

Nothing like beautiful good smelling very dry hand plane shavings collection to start a fire. Marshmallows ready to go. Fall is near.
  5. J

Salvaging Logs During Lot Clearing

I just purchased almost 2.5ac in Belews Creek, NC and plan to build a new home and garage/workshop in 3-4 yrs. The property is fully wooded and almost all hardwoods. I've not yet taken a deep dive into identifying all of the trees of interest for future wood working projects but I know I have...
  6. J

Handsaw practice

So after selling my log home with dedicated shop I am finally getting around to learning how to perform hand cut joinery. Step one for me is to learn how to use my dovetail saw. I took with me from the move a couple of scrap boards of birch for practicing on. I first marked every 1/8” all the...
  7. J

New Toys & First Shooting Board Success

So I took birthday & Christmas funds to get a few nice to haves. Veritas Low Angle Jack Plane w/ PM-V11 blade, Veritas Router Plane w/ fence, and Veritas Honing Guide (I'm not good enough to go by hand and not enough time to practice and my cheap honing guide couldn't handle my new 1/8" chisel)...
  8. J

Rob Cosman's Purple Heart Project

I came across this video series and had no idea this existed. What a wonder idea / way to help our vets. Maybe one day we can put together something like this for some local vets ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRaI1wPLLZA
  9. J

Walnut NC

I made this really quick for a colleague that'll be moving to a new position in a new location within our company. Printed off silhouette image, double sided taped it to a piece of scrap walnut, cut out on the bandsaw, cut the finer areas with a scroll saw, then sanded the back and flats. The...
  10. J

Log Planter

Just finished this as a fund raiser donation. I've completed over the years more quick crafty projects like this, log tealight candles, and small rustic log furniture pieces than anything else. They are fun quick projects for the busy person who aspires to be a retired woodworker someday ...
  11. J

Turned Mallet

I had never turned anything until learning how at the recent Stokes Stomp outreach, then helping a few kids make light sabers, this is the only thing I've ever turned. My buddy at work lives close to our work and he has a lathe. I had these rough chunks of walnut and something else (I think...
  12. J

Delta 36-600 arbor nut needed !

Hey, I have a Delta 36-600 table saw and the arbor nut (p/n Delta Hex Nut - 902012012567) is very hard to come by. The nut I current have has been worn down over the years and now almost impossible to get off as it's been so rounded off (even before I bought it used). The threads are in perfect...
  13. J

King Platform Bed w/ drawers, built-in floating nightstands, mason jar lights & blanket chest

Sorry for the long post. This should’ve been a blog and posted in many parts but I never seem to have time for those kinds of things along the way so now that I’ve got a few minutes I’m typing this out and posting. I hope the pics show up correctly… This was by far my most ambitious &...
  14. J

Resawing Guidelines

Hey, I've searched a bit on a couple forums as well as Youtube for general guidelines for resawing but seem to be coming up short with what I wish to learn. I do not have a ton of time to search right now and someone is asking for help resawing a some ~8-1/2" wide x 5/4 spanish cedar into 3/16...
  15. J

Grizzly G1023 owners in Piedmont Triad area

Checking to see if anyone in the Winston Salem, Greensboro, High Point (or north) area have a Grizzly G1023 series table saw that would be willing to let me see it / get a feel for it right quick ? I only ask as my colleague has the G0690 model table saw and he let me get a feel for it today...
  16. J

Grizzly Spring / Summer Sale 2016 question...

Grizzly just started (yesterday) their spring/summer sale for 2016 and the item I’ve been wanting/waiting to go on sale was not selected as a part of their sale. My question is if anyone knows if they rotate their items that go on sale each every other week or each month between now and the end...
  17. J

How to Repair Old Chest of Drawers

Hello, this is my first post on this forum and am using it to seek advice on how best to repair this old chest of drawers I got at a yard sale a few years ago. I hope my pics show up here. I also attached a link of this piece from Youtube so you can better see this piece. I posted this same...

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS