Search results

1. LeftyTom

HNPD, Part 2

I scored myself a Sargent 409, to go with the Sargent 409C. Now I can argue with myself whether a corrugated sole is better.
  2. LeftyTom

HNPD

Happy New Plane Day! I snagged this off Ebay for $35. It was listed as a Sargent 409C. The adjustment knob has right-hand threads. The tote was a bit lose, but a few turns of the screwdriver took care of that. The iron is dull, but I have a diamond sharpening kit (325, 600, & 1000...
  3. LeftyTom

Sanding Shoe For Flattening Panels?

Have anyone tried a belt sander with a sanding shoe for flattening glued-up panels? I have 4 panels that need a tad of flattening, 1/100 to 7/100. My belt sander is a Craftsman 3"x 18", which is 20 years old, so I suspect a sanding shoe is not available. So I may be adding a new belt sander...
  4. LeftyTom

Need Switch Cover For Delta 10"Drill Press

Where can a fellow get one of these? The 2 plastic flanges on the back broke earlier this week.
  5. LeftyTom

Grizzly $40 Mystery Box

I took the plunge on a Mystery Box, which arrived today. 9-piece hex key set My Grip DIY custom grip Pair of bright yellow shooting glasses and hard case Dead blow hammer 2" tube fitting brush 5oz oil can Two Pony 2 1/2" C clamps 2 gun packs cleaning patches Red ammo box Pack of 10 hand scrubs...
  6. LeftyTom

Mixing Paint With Anti-Skid

Anyone have experience with mixing your own anti-skid paint for exterior use? I am using is Homax Anti-Skid Paint Additive; Perlite and Crystalline Silica, so I will be using a mask. Should I use all the paint mixture, or does it store well/stir up later OK? Amazon had a one pound bag for $9...
  7. LeftyTom

Where To Buy: Blo Mold Bulb Holder & Power Cord

My brother brought me 9 Blo Mold figures to go with my yard Christmas decorations. 4 are missing the C7 (nightlight) bulb holders (1' openings in the Blo Molds). One is missing the holder for a 60W bulb. A quick search finds them at sites for $11 a pop, and up. Have any of ye merry gentlemen...
  8. LeftyTom

Picking A New Riding Mower

After 16 years of service, my Husqvarna 42" mower has bitten the dust; the motor is idling fine, but with an additional metal sound. :( New motor, you suggest? That will run over $1K, then there is the question of what else will fail. I was considering the Toro SW4200 or Cub Cadet RZT SX42...
  9. LeftyTom

Upside To Polar Vortex

I heard on NPR, from a learned fellow in Minnesota, that the frigid weather may help kill off the emerald ash borer. The cold snap may also help with a tick problem in Maine.
  10. LeftyTom

Hncd!

Happy New Caliper Day! Two previous digital calipers went kaput, so I decided to go old-school.
  11. LeftyTom

Grilling Season Cart, Finished Pics

Ash frame, white oak shelves (oak from Rick DiNardo). Just need some Titebond for the loose tendon joinery. The I will put 2" wheels under the legs.
  12. LeftyTom

Rigid 6101 Jointer Outfeed Table Stuck Too High

After being rolled around the basement, today I find the outfeed table is higher than the cutter blades. Problem is I can raise the outfeed table, but not lower it. I can run the adjustment screw all the way down. I have losened fasteners, cleaned under the outfeed table, took the fence off...
  13. LeftyTom

Tape For Sealing Dust Collector Connections.

Has anyone use the tape designed for sealing up around clamps at dust collector connections...
  14. LeftyTom

Solid Wood Drawer Bottom?

I posted this pic in a thread last week. I wonder if the dado cut is intended for solid wood drawer bottoms?
  15. LeftyTom

Renamed: Router Table Renovation

I am in the process of re-purposing a cabinet for use as a router table. I have the frame built, and have 8 pieces of maple for the drawer sides: 6" wide by 1/2" thick by 5ft long. The pieces have a 1/4"wide by 1/4" deep dadoes, 1/4" from the edges. My digital caliper has gone kaput. I...
  16. LeftyTom

Be Careful Cleaning Under The Lawn Mower

With this lovely high humidity keeping grass damp all day long, grass clippings cling underneath my mowers. As I was de-thatching under my push mower Friday. I brushed my hand against the underside of the mower. I cut the middle finger on my left at the second knuckle. I knew at first...
  17. LeftyTom

Does Scott Smith Have One Of These?

While perusing the latest Popular Science, I saw a picture of the Stihl MS 880 Magnum: Bar length: 5ft 11in Max chain speed: 59mph 8.6 HP Uses 89 Octane (I'm guessing non-ethanol) 33.1 lbs Yours for only $2200
  18. LeftyTom

PE From Chapel Hill to Winston-Salem/Greensboro

I bought the Wynn filter/dust collector cart/bag that Michale Mathews had in Classifieds. Any chance of someone picking it up and PE'sing to Winston-Salem or Greensboro? If it is more convenient, I could also meet the PE in Statesville. Just let me know whne adn where works best for the PE'er.
  19. LeftyTom

Update: Installed Cartridge Filter For Penn State Ind. DC

I am looking for cartridge filter options for a Penn State Industries DC-1BXL dust collector. I.D. 13 15/16", O.D. 14 5/8". 850 CFM
  20. LeftyTom

Lee Valley, Free Shipping on $40 or more, FEB7-FEB21

I got an email flier, no coupon code mentioned. Good on $40 or more, standard ground shipping.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS