Search results

1. MarkE

Do you use spring joints for large panel glue ups?

Well shoot. I guess I've been using spring joints for many years. :D
  2. MarkE

Sears in the box

I have a few Craftsman planes and other items stashed away in a drawer somewhere. At least one block plane and a No.4 smoother that are 'new in original box'. Both of those are painted a sort of metallic green color. Almost forgot I had them until I saw this post.
  3. MarkE

Do you use spring joints for large panel glue ups?

I'm a bit confused. What is the advantage to this joint? I understand that it is used to glue up a panel from boards that have already been planed to the wanted thickness and will also be to wide to go through the planers that most of us have. I just don't see how this particular method makes...
  4. MarkE

Danish Cord Bench

Very nice.
  5. MarkE

homemade plywood

Very cool. I made a few similar bracelets a while back. Cut them out with different sized hole saws. Got several sizes out of each glued up stack.
  6. MarkE

Wide pine boards

Revient Reclaimed has a warehouse in North Wilkesboro. Revient Reclaimed Wood | Antique Wood Products
  7. MarkE

Broken hand plane

Probably type 11 or 12. I have a a type 10 No.5 base. Close, but no cigar. You can probably find a replacement base on eBay, but as Mike stated, you may be better off just looking for a another No.5 that you can refurb.
  8. MarkE

Broken hand plane

How old is it? What type?
  9. MarkE

Shop Build

Looking good.
  10. MarkE

To replace Drill press motor or not

Yup. I would swap in the new motor as soon as time allows. Then you can more easily find out what the problem is with the old motor.
  11. MarkE

Does this count as a woodworking accident?

Ouch! BTW, I think we are all glad you decided to skip the pics.
  12. MarkE

RDU CL - Grizzly Combo Sander - $75 (Apex) SOLD

Already gone. At that price I am not surprised. I have the ZX model, which is the same machine with the storage base. A real workhorse around my shop.
  13. MarkE

getting rid of T&G Wormy Chestnut

https://ncwoodworker.net/forums/index.php?threads/chestnut-wormwood-wanted.68935/
  14. MarkE

New Member from Kill Devil Hills

Welcome aboard.
  15. MarkE

End grain table: how to stabilize checks?

I built a table top and a countertop from one slab of hickory a while back. I filled all the cracks, checks, etc. with this epoxy. Crystal Clear Bar Table Top Epoxy Resin Coating for Wood Tabletop - 1 Gallon Kit: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
  16. MarkE

ADDING TO MY COLLECTION TODAY!

I was going to say "no picture, didn't happen", but, never mind. o_O
  17. MarkE

Lovingly Remembered

Condolences Phil. So sorry for your loss.
  18. MarkE

RIP ROS

That is a good outcome for you. Which HD did you go to? I had a problem(s) with my Ridgid ros a while back and was told to bring it in to HD. Went to the one in Fuquay-Varina. I was told to go to the rental desk. After they figured out what to do and filled out all the paperwork, I was required...
  19. MarkE

Merry Christmas NCWoodworker.net Group!

Merry Christmas Coleman and crew. Thanks for the coupon.
  20. MarkE

Leigh D4 and Bits $75

It WAS a steal. No longer available.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS