Search results

1. ste6168

Jet Spindle Sander Question

Seems like an easy task to give tools away around here... :p:p LOL
  2. ste6168

Yeah, not sure. The spindle itself seems to bounce a bit. I have found that the two larger spindles seem to bounce, the smaller three are much smoother. You may very well be correct, definitely could be just a mixture of the paper and rubber spindle insert on the larger spindles. I know...
  3. ste6168

Yeah, doesn't seem like much, but feels like a lot when sanding. As I stated though, results are still fine, so I guess that speaks for itself. Maybe just one of those, paid for a premium tool, expected a bit smoother operation... I had the Ridgid sub 200 machine prior, and it was smoother in...
  4. ste6168

So, as far as bounce goes... The video doesn't capture the wood moving so much, but after watching it, you can certainly hear it bouncing... Link here:
  5. ste6168

f you click the “video” link, it will take you to a video where I focus on the dial indicator for a few seconds. I’m not sure exactly, I’ll be completely honest, I don’t fully know how to read a dial indicator! Lol. Needle seems to bounce between the 8 and 0, so is that 2 thousands of an inch...
  6. ste6168

Anyone have a Jet spindle sander and a magnetic dial indicator? I got mine last year, and has always seemed to "bounce" a little, but I don't use it enough that I ever really thought much into it. I was sanding some drawer front with a handle/notch yesterday, and started wondering, does this...
  7. ste6168

Wood species for outdoor bench

I built this simple planter box using eastern red cedar, no finish, in June 2016. It has sat outside, uncovered since. You can see the significant difference in color. I personally don't mind the way it looks now, especially come spring full of flowers, but certainly looked better when new...
  8. ste6168

Looking for Sources of Rough Sawn Lumber near Outer Banks...

Yeah, that is for sure. The stuff I find there is definitely not the highest quality, but is usually cheap enough that I can make it work. Then again, I am an amateur at best, so the wood isn't my weak point. LOL
  9. ste6168

Looking for Sources of Rough Sawn Lumber near Outer Banks...

Keep and eye on Craigslist and Facebook. Seems to be the best bet for good prices, around here. I also grew up in PA (western part of state, though) so hardwood was in abundance up there, not the same here... but plenty of other benefits here, the weather makes up for it!
  10. ste6168

What happens when we are gone?

I think there are plenty of younger folks who appreciate stuff that lasts, not just furniture. Me, for example, I am 33. I don't build the nicest furniture, yet, but what I do build, I build with the intention of holding onto for the next 50 years. I think there are plenty of younger folks...
  11. ste6168

Pedestal Table: Completed!

Incredible table! Really like that method you used to fold the edges under, to create the illusion of thicker top. A dining table is on my long-list of projects.
  12. ste6168

Game Table (WIP)

Finally getting around to putting some finish on the table. Got the handle installed. Hopefully get it moved upstairs to the playroom tmrw or next day. Handle wasn’t 100% what I was looking for (wanted fully “invisible” from the top) but it was a simple and practical solution.
  13. ste6168

I'm going to have to up my skills

Yeah, I would have to agree on the solid wood aspect, a lot of plywood in the build, but the shop-sawn veneer is nice. I have no idea about him, never heard of him prior to this post. Based on his shop and equipment, id venture to take a guess he is doing OK financially. I do this for fun...
  14. ste6168

I'm going to have to up my skills

Nice cabinet for sure. I guess the $4500 price is from the store, with their markup, probably 40% ish, so price from him directly would be in the $2700 range, if I had to guess... I hadn't ever saw his youtube channel before, nice video, super nice collection of equipment he has! Never...
  15. ste6168

Girl/Boy Scouts Woodworking

I hear that, John! I try to get my kids in the shop with me as often as possible, woodworking, tinkering, or just making a mess. I had my youngest in there yesterday with me, diagnosing some issues with his Razor scooter. He may not fully understand what we're doing yet, but he is watching me...
  16. ste6168

Girl/Boy Scouts Woodworking

Hi all, back here again... Wondering your thoughts. Any chance of cutting a frame with a plastic miter box? Frames don't have to be perfect, and I don't expect the miters will be, but any chance of getting "good enough" results with one of these? or even, for a bit more money, the aluminum...
  17. ste6168

Paw Print Inlay

Thanks Hank. I have so many pictures of her where she is the background focus of the photo. She is by far the best dog I have ever had, I am lucky I get to spend just about all day, everyday with her. Hoping she rubs off on this puppy a bit, and get a bit of her personality and demeanor in him.
  18. ste6168

Paw Print Inlay

Interesting. So, maybe I didn't do it right? I literally cut up to the line with the router (in some cases, over, where the gaps are). I found that by going slow, the fibers would chip up, then when I got to the line, it would leave a nice clean cut due to the marking knife cut. It would...
  19. ste6168

Paw Print Inlay

Lol, mine are a complete mess as well. We have a small drainage pond across the street, the older one things it is her personal pond to cool off in. Takes all I have to keep her out of it. The puppy hasn't learned about it yet, but he has only been with us for 2 weeks. Wont be long, I am...
  20. ste6168

Paw Print Inlay

Here is the final project, got it all sanded down and finished, and mounted by the back door this afternoon.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS